Galaxies going faster than light ? [v.2]

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by river, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You, essentially, just said that you believe a planet-bound facility can be remodeled in such a fashion as to remove the effects of gravity AND on a scale large enough to simulate superluminal expansion...

PLEASE tell me that was an intentional bit of trolling, and that you are sane enough to understand why such a prospect is, quite literally, physically impossible (given our present technology).

paddoboy likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Wrong, the bottom line is the fact that you chose to discredit science as much as you can and create confusion, simply because it has assigned your Electric/Plasma universe to the cesspool.
    I know what NASA has said and what the evidence shows. Again, you have either simply misheard, misinterpreted, or the show itself was just some second rate sensantionalistic nonsense that in itself misinterprets NASA.
    And of course you have been given the answer many times.

END OF THIS STORY , PERIOD .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Your continued fabrication of facts changes nothing.
    The universe expands over large scales and is accelerating in that expansion rate, while over smaller local denser scales, gravity decouples spacetime from that expansion rate.
    The only falsification so far are your own fabricated nonsense, and the many threads you have started denying accepted evidence based cosmology, that are all either in pseudo or cesspool.

The only person who doesn't get it appears to be yourself.
    While mysteries and unknowns certainly remain, those aspects are being researched as we speak. Your god of the gaps is not part of that research yet.
    In the mean time, evidence as you have been told many times, and GR, points to a dynamic expanding universe over large scales, with smaller denser scales decoupled from that expansion due to gravity.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The God Valued Senior Member

Oh, no. You misunderstood. I said expansion is here also on earth, I did not say it will be super luminal. If you calculate the expansion for few 100 Kms run on earth, it will come closer to sub protonic length, which is within our detection capabilities. The question is how do we get few 100 kms when aligo arm is only 4 kms, thats multi loop arrangement and guys know that. Why we are not doing it?

8. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

What do you mean by "expansion" in this context?

9. The God Valued Senior Member

What do you think?

10. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

I think you don't really understand what you're talking about.

PhysBang and Dywyddyr like this.
  11. The God Valued Senior Member

Is it? Its good to note that you have grown up to this level to assess what I am talking about. I like kids growing up, getting educated, taking over the responsibility of elders.

12. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Yes, and now I know when you're talking out of your ass. It's whenever you post a comment.

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Kitt has actually understood quite well.
    I'm sure he recognises the fact that you ignore facts and fabricate your own nonsense. Let me explain it again in even simpler terms. The strong. weak and EMF's, hold baryonic matter together such as you and I, and rocks and aLIGO, and planets and such...simple, yes?

Gravity in turn holds the solar system together, the galaxy, the local group, and even further afield and are responsible for decoupling "local" regions of spacetime from the overall expansion rate.
    Now again, perhaps if by some magical chance you have evidence to show otherwise, you should submit the required scientific paper for peer review.
    But you can't and you won,t and Daecon has correctly observed that you seem to be speaking out of your arse.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/forces/funfor.html

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yes, sadly that is obviously the case: Still we must understand that he is speaking in pseudscientific language, as he perpetually does.

15. The God Valued Senior Member

What am I fabricating?
    As per mainstream theory space is expanding, it is a force free phenomenon so it cannot be contained, gravity and EM bonding effect is much more on the bound system, so it is not apparent but nonetheless it is present. This is mainstream.

Let's understand it differently, take a point one billion light years away from us, no single point in universe is special, all laws of physics are similarly applicable keeping this point as reference. So with respect to this point, there is expansion around us. So expansion is here also.

Now, the question is of magnitude of expansion on earth. Take a 100 Kms spacing, apply Hubble expansion formula, you will get a very very small value, which can be brought in the range of our detection capability.

Why we are not remodeling our instruments to detect that?

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Just about everything and every time you post, just as expletive deleted did.
    An example of that fabricated nonsense.
    And here.......
    And here.......
    Because they are simply your own indulgent fabricated fairy tales and erroneous conculsions.
    Again.....
    The strong. weak and EMF's, hold baryonic matter together such as you and I, and rocks and aLIGO, and planets and such...simple, yes?

Gravity in turn holds the solar system together, the galaxy, the local group, and even further afield and are responsible for decoupling "local" regions of spacetime from the overall expansion rate.
    Now again, perhaps if by some magical chance you have evidence to show otherwise, you should submit the required scientific paper for peer review.
    But you can't and you won,t and Daecon has correctly observed that you seem to be speaking out of your arse.

17. The God Valued Senior Member

Paddoboy;

Then why don't you answer a simple question without obfuscating, keep aside your drama and pl respond based on mainstream only.

Choose one of the following.

1. There is no spacetime expansion on earth. (In the vicinity)

2. There is expansion, but very small value. (Leave aside this value getting dwarfed by counter effect of gravity, EM bond).

If you choose 2., you will agree to what I am saying.

PS: The use of word decoupling suggests, no expansion, which is incorrect.

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Your questions have been answered many times, without one reasonable response as yet, which suggests an agenda.
    Let me state it again, The strong. weak and EMF's, hold baryonic matter together such as you and I, and rocks and aLIGO, and planets and such...simple, yes?

Whatever you believe including "decoupling" is neither here nor there, other than the fact that I am right.

Now again, I really suggest you stop your pretentious nonsense and fabrication of your dreams, and either write up a paper for peer review, disputing the findings of the last 60 years or so, and which I and others are trying to get you to understand, or maintain the status quo on this forum concerning yourself and your lack of credibility.

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The three following papers discuss the expansion of the Universe/spacetime, the acceleration in that expansion rate, and the "decoupling" of local groups such as our own from that large scale expansion rate........

https://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/0310808v2.pdf

Expanding Confusion: common misconceptions of cosmological horizons and the superluminal expansion of the universe

Abstract

We use standard general relativity to illustrate and clarify several common misconceptions about the expansion of the universe. To show the abundance of these misconceptions we cite numerous misleading, or easily misinterpreted, statements in the literature. In the context of the new standard ΛCDM cosmology we point out confusions regarding the particle horizon, the event horizon, the “observable universe” and the Hubble sphere (distance at which recession velocity = c). We show that we can observe galaxies that have, and always have had, recession velocities greater than the speed of light. We explain why this does not violate special relativity and we link these concepts to observational tests. Attempts to restrict recession velocities to less than the speed of light require a special relativistic interpretation of cosmological redshifts. We analyze apparent magnitudes of supernovae and observationally rule out the special relativistic Doppler interpretation of cosmological redshifts at a confidence level of 23σ.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1204.5493v1.pdf

Observational evidence of the accelerated expansion of the universe:

Abstract

The discovery of cosmic acceleration is one of the most important developments in modern cosmology. The observation, thirteen years ago, that type Ia supernovae appear dimmer that they would have been in a decelerating universe followed by a series of independent observations involving galaxies and cluster of galaxies as well as the cosmic microwave background, all point in the same direction: we seem to be living in a flat universe whose expansion is currently undergoing an acceleration phase. In this paper, we review the various observational evidences, most of them gathered in the last decade, and the improvements expected from projects currently collecting data or in preparation.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/0204249v3.pdf

Future Evolution of Nearby Large-Scale Structure in a Universe Dominated by a Cosmological Constant:

Abstract
    We simulate the future evolution of the observed inhomogeneities in the local universe assuming that the global expansion rate is dominated by a cosmological constant. We find that within two Hubble times (∼ 30 billion years) from the present epoch, large-scale structures will freeze in comoving coordinates and the mass distribution of bound objects will stop evolving. The Local Group will get somewhat closer to the Virgo cluster in comoving coordinates, but will be pulled away from the Virgo in physical coordinates due to the accelerated expansion of the Universe. In the distant future there will only be one massive galaxy within our event horizon, namely the merger product of the Andromeda and the Milky Way galaxies. All galaxies that are not gravitationally bound to the Local Group will recede away from us and eventually exit from our event horizon. More generally, we identify the critical interior over density above which a shell of matter around an object will remain bound to it at late times.

Conclusions & Discussions
    We have simulated the future evolution of our cosmic neighborhood in a universe dominated by a cosmological constant using an N-body code and the initial conditions that were reconstructed from the observed galaxy distribution of the IRAS 1.2 Jy survey. We find that the large-scale structure and the mass distribution of bound objects will freeze in ∼ 30 billion years from today due to the accelerated expansion of the Universe. The Local Group of galaxies will get somewhat closer to the Virgo cluster of galaxies in comoving coordinates, but will rapidly recede from Virgo in physical coordinates. However, the overdensity inside the Local Group is well above the required threshold (δc = 17.6) for it to resist the repulsive gravitational force of the cosmological constant. Therefore the Milky Way and the Andromeda galaxies are likely to merge within a Hubble time. If the Universe is dominated by a cosmological constant, then the Local Group is detached from the rest of the Universe and the physical distance from us to all other systems that are not bound to the Local Group will increase exponentially with time in the distant future. Combining our simulations with the results of Loeb (2002), we predict that when the age of the Universe will be ∼ 100 billion years, there will only be one massive galaxy for us to observe, namely the merger product of the Andromeda and the Milky Way galaxies. All other systems that are not gravitationally bound to the Local Group will exit through our event horizon and their images will fade rapidly while remaining frozen on the time of their exit. The precision of our quantitative results is limited by the accuracy of the initial conditions of the simulation at z = 0 compared to the true mass density field in the nearby universe. The locations of the simulated clusters of galaxies are shifted by a few megaparsec relative to the recent observational estimates, and in principle the match between the two can be improved in the future by refining the reconstruction method of the initial conditions of the simulation from the observational data. While we believe that the general predictions derived in this paper are independent of the limited mass and spatial resolution of our simulations, it would be appropriate to perform in the future higher-resolution simulations with improved initial conditions that match the observed galaxy distribution. Since the observational uncertainties in the distance measurements are still substantial, the precision of the observed galaxy distribution will also get better with future observations. The combination of both of the above improvements will allow us to make more accurate predictions for the future evolution of the nearby large-scale structure.

20. The God Valued Senior Member

Paddoboy,

Cross the bar first.
    Expansion or no expansion (in the vicinity of earth or locally?

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

When you start maintaining some semblance of credibility, honesty and logic, without your obvious hidden intent and agenda, you will realise that all your questions have been answered.

[Besides the many individual answers from many on this forum including myself, you now have three reputable, scientific papers to also ignore and deride.

]
    So much for credibility, honesty and logic.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Why would there be any expansion on that level? The other basic forces of the universe would, I feel safe in saying, counteract it entirely.

You... are familiar with such forces, yes?

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Bingo Kitt, and just as we observe. My continued remarks re his fabrication of issues and scenarios is just that, although due to his continued denial, I have actually forgotten what his position is, other than being as usual, anti mainstream model...