Future Artificial Intelligence Consciousness

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Hypercane, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypercane Sustained Winds at Mach One Registered Senior Member

When i watched "I, Robot" which by the way was a very excellent movie just in case you want to know, it made me spawn a few ideas about the future relationship between Robotic Artificial Intelligences and us human beings. In the movie you could say
    robots 'wreaked havoc' on the human race for a sort of "good" reason which was our own protection.
    And i came to the conclusion that if/when we will create AI's they will always have some kind of flaw or 'malfunction' maybe have their own consciousness. There has always been flaws in our machines, whether simple or complex. So its inevitable that they will someday have a consciousness. So whether through good or bad, they WILL flaw and most likely do something aggressive towards humans. One example is they could make millions suffer by engineering a biological weapon buy studying our simple protein based bodies. What are your opinions on this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

well, (some here hate me for my claims so: )
    i am not going to act as if i have real AI.

But as my AI research proves. Yes, it can happen BUT it is not a AI glitch, that is a human error. What serves some, might harm/kill others.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Submit your proof.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

to you?

haha,
    I dont even plan to inform everyone in my team about my latest discovery.
    And you are not even in my team.

Normally i would send a copy to Jiri but this data is way to sensitive. It explains how to recreate an animal to 90-100%, how to recreate a human to 80% or so.
    The tricky part is the social behaviour, still working on that.
    You cannot do that even if you give your ALF a 500 GB of pre-programmed memory, ill need less than about 20 kb in pre-programmed data.

8. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

If it is way too sensitive why reveal that you have it in the first place? Hinting on being on the verge of reaching the wholy grail in computer science, without being unable to give any proof of your progress, makes you look untrustworthy from my point of view.

9. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

well, that is why i wrote:

10. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Sure, but you do claim that your AI research proofs that it could do whatever Hypercane suggested in the opening post, and, moreover, you do claim to have data explaining "how to recreate an animal to 90-100%, how to recreate a human to 80% or so".

Such claims do require proof, if you want to gain some credibility.

11. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

yes, but i have no reason to prove it to you. You are unimportant for my agenda.

Do you disagree?

12. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Regardless of me, how does it help your agenda to be perceived as a fraud? In the end, people who actually know something about the fields you pretend to have made leap frog discoveries in, will just ignore you.

13. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

We live in a world where documents are simply not enough. We live in a world where you need simulations. Advanced enough simulations will take perhaps 1 year. I do not wish to waste one year when anyone with enough "computing power"/intelligence can understand it in 1 day by reading my documents.

"is it me, or is it everybody else?"

14. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

So it boils down to this:
    1) you have, on document, a model which led you to conclude you have data explaining how you can "recreate an animal to 90-100%" and "a human to 80% or so",
    2) you would not like to share those documents because of their sensitive nature,
    3) you have no working proof of concept of it, on the grounds that it would take a year to run simulations of it and you really can't be bothered to do it.

I hope you do realise that this all sounds incredibily far fetched, especially when taken into consideration that those who actually do research in AI would be in absolute publishing heaven if they could produce a bunch of robots capable of simulating the simplest of rodents.

15. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

the difference between me and them are that they are satisfied when they have a dog that have sensories on its back and then can give a "feeling" if is happy or not.

I did not stop thinking till i could explain why a dog or a cat acts as it does and figured out a way to re-create that in a universal way.

If you believe that or not is up to you.
    I am actually thinking about constructing a guarding dog.

16. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Another significant difference is that they can actually explain how they get their results.

Obviously, I do not believe you.

17. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

we both can explain our results. But they have nothing real to protect so they share in hope that others can help them.

18. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

No, you can not explain your results, because you have no results. Remember, you have no simulation, you have nothing that produces concrete results. You claim to have a theory, but this theory is not tested nor peer reviewed.

19. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

i believe that a theory should be perfect before large scale development starts. You seem to believe that large scale developing should bring a theory. Well mankind have tried that for 80 years now without producing what i have done in 1 year.

nah, ill say no more, you will just have to wait till you can read about it.

20. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

And thus you continue to build your own illusionary ivory tower, not obstructed one bit by a painstakingly complex reality.

21. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

i began programming when i was 7, all i see is code. Yes, i do live in an imaginary world. That is why i can look at the world and its inhabitants, cause i do not live in it myself.

Complex Reality? I think it is rather simple, i can explain multiple functions for many featres that the human body and mind has. No one else have thought of this before me.

Have you ever seen a movie where a dog chase a mailman?
    Tell me when you have a universal theory that covers that behaviour.
    I do not even think that you know the answer to the simple question "WHY".

22. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Many before you have thought about the features of the human body and mind, and came up with very workable and testable theories which led to improve medical sciences.

What I can or can not answer is not the issue here. You claim you have done some extra-ordinary work. You are stating that you have a universal theory. I'm just one of those calling your bluff.

23. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

see, you think to commonly.

you cannot even answer a simple question as "Why does the dog chase the mailman?"
    and you call me a fake?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.