Frustrating

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Aivar, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Aivar A.R. Registered Senior Member

I try to get people to discuss the whole "not aging" topic, dig up the first things I find, post them, explain and all. Those are science forums, so I'd hope for someone to at least find answers for some more straightforward questions, like the one I posted about CR.

But what do I see? People debating over evolution. And with little educating value. There's few people who really bother learning anyway, most just pretty obviously want to deny for the sake of denying. And what else gets decent replies? An obsessive-compulsive person repeating "I demand 100% proof or I won't believe", some who just go "rebel without a cause"-s on the internet... and I don't even mind them when they keep things in their topic. I don't mind letting out steam and fooling around, going over the well-established basics with people who feel like arguing against them. But I wish the boards put more effort into a little newer areas than that.

I kinda feel too many discussions are so... low-level. Circles in the sand, round and round. Could be more simulating. And on the other end, those topics which do require actual intelligence, could be a little more... "new people friendly".

Oh well. I'm probably just being impatient or expecting too much or something. Or hypocritical, since I'm often lazy or apathetic or too stupid to understand some more complicated topics. Or I should look around more. It's just the moment's emotion I felt like typing up in some "noone pay attention to this" section.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately this is what you expect in regards to a Generalised forum, after all it's not a forum running support for some product or service but just a place where people can attempt to discuss Science. Obviously this is not a Serious Science Site, while some would love it to be, unfortunately the strict disciplines of moderation/posting would be too conformative for the pubescent/adolescent majority that makes up the posting electorate.

Such seriousness could of however meant having specific "named" people post article, communicate with the membership amongst other things however it would require a heck of a lot of changes that the current consensus are "neophobic" about.

I guess you can suggest this site could change, however it would move at a very slow pace so no one notices the changes straight away.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.