Frontal Cortex Maturation & Risk Behaviour

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by RainbowSingularity, Nov 13, 2019.

1. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i wonder if it may be a thing
    do suicide and risk behavior data support that ?

i have chatted with people of varying degrees
    some whom get dizzy when they look down and get vertigo and other variant states/conditions, to a few who feel the urge to jump off tall heights so need to avoid the edge.

my curiosity is the risk to falls ratio for age range combined with suicide data for jumps.

if this cross matched with age show a clear sign toward frontal cortex maturation allowing better complex reasoning to combat both the psychological condition of the phobia and the jumping urge along side big data suicide jumps(attempts via jumps carefully aligned to confidential patient discussions around ideation for jumping).

insurance clauses making no pay out for suicide may tend to disrupt and pollute the real science
    while matched against age range and low insurance levels for college students and new job starters market data.

this is a psychological science question and has no interest in profiting from death via insurance money company systems etc etc ...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Define risk to falls ratio.

Please try to be clearer in asking your question? Are you wondering if most people who commit suicide by jumping have a phobia for height and/or a compulsion to jump to avoid an edge?

My guess is that the risk for suicide has little to do with a heights phobia and that very few jumps are due to a compulsion to jump to avoid an edge.

There are many ways to commit suicide and jumping is probably one of convenience and finality (like a gunshot to the head).

Height phobias are interesting. My ex-wife had a fear of heights and didn't even like staying in a hotel room (with large windows) on an upper floor. The few times that we were in a cable car she stood in the middle and looked down at the floor to avoid looking outside.

I used to rent a small private plane just for the fun of flying. She had no problem riding along. The fear of heights has more to do with apparent exposure. You are high enough up in a plane that it's generally not an issue. Standing on the edge of a cliff/building is all about the exposure.

I rock climb. I have a respect for height but it's not something that affects me beyond the usual concerns. There are a few rock climbers that I know that do have such phobias. Those with a passion for climbing and mild height phobias seem to manage just fine.

Those with more severe height phobias aren't rock climbers.

I've know a few people (not rock climbers) who have committed suicide. They all had issues with depression.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i to know several people whom have committed suicide
    unfortunately it is not as uncommon as it should be.

"its ok" as a message is ok(if everything becomes 'not ok' then suicides & homicides go up)
    but it should not be used to provide obstacles to moving forward in the science.

have you read on any doctor/patient notes around suicide attempts ?

jumping is not as final as many might assume
    there is a rough proportion whom jump from heights that are not fatal unless they land a specific way.
    this figure is somewhat complex as it mixes in with ideation and gender differences.

women have more attempts but fewer death rates
    men have way higher death rates yet fewer attempts
    some suggest this is gender based indoctrination into physical abusive cycles or cultural normalcy by emotional conditioning.
    however that is somewhat complex inside a depression aspect.

convolution of the complexity(is always an issue) of knowledge to self administer a fatal act is fairly high
    though there may be
    in my opinion
    i believe there is some genetic bias toward evolutionary aspects of protection of others through method of choice.

frontal cortex maturation & Risk behaviour & suicide ...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Vertigo is a dizzy feeling, usually linked, not always, looking down from a hight

If experienced just looking at your feet for example, probably a indication of problem with inner ear semi circular canals associated with balance

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

clarification
    referring to people who get a psychological response to seeing themselves at a great height.

it is a bit of a niche example but it fills the space well.

the question is
    is there and if so what is it
    the psychological link between risk taking
    psychological phobias and associated risk behavior
    combined along side and in conjunction to
    frontal lobe maturation

it is quite a complex subject yet appears simplistic from some angles.

the essence of the question is around the development of the frontal cortex and if the science is capable of backing up a new risk based analysis toward developmental process risk control for people whom have not yet reached frontal lobe maturation.

the on flow questions pertain to addiction issues and recreation drug use
    additionally they directly link to anti depressant medication causing suicide in young people.

ask any questions that come to mind
    dive into the subject
    i think it needs more resources put into it.
    it will also effect traffic accidents involving the deaths of innocent familys

the on flow/down stream effects are significant

the atmospheric question is .. is there enough science to be able to draw some type of guide lines around the nature of the question to deliver a sense of any potential direction to push research on this developmental aspect of humans

note i have posted in the science forum area
    so if you troll in this thread expect to be reported.

any genuine questions welcome
    lease discuss your thoughts