Friendship offers

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by wynn, Apr 7, 2009.

1. quietstormy Banned Banned

Oh oli.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Oh what?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quietstormy Banned Banned

You drive me mad. You and your french speaking ass. I wish that I spoke french:shrug:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

French speaking ass ?

@Oli: Aww

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Yup, I'm a smart-ass.
    A really smart ass

9. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Yes. Because after it has been publicly acknowledged, it is so much harder to break it up or even just disagree with that person.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Nope: you just untick the box.
    And then hunt 'em down a kill 'em.
    Not forgetting to bury the body.

11. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

A true friend will tell you a booger is hanging out of your nose .

12. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

(psst, mikey....)
    *hands over a kleenex*

@ Signal...just because I'm friends with someone, online or RL, does not mean I will not disagree with them publicly. Respectfully, yeah, but I won't fake things for them.

If two people agree all the time, one is superfluous.

13. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

How can one be friends with someone whom one disagrees with (on substantial matters)?

14. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Well, depends on what those matters are. Someone can hold vastly different opinions from me, but I'll still love that person, respect them, and understand where they are coming from...even if they occasionally annoy the living crap out of me.

In fact, allowing myself to love someone and care about them gives them the power to annoy the living crap out of me. That's how it works, I guess.

It's also in part because my thinking and opinions are so very far off the beaten track. Were I to only associate with those whom I really agreed with all the time I'd be very lonely...as in there would likely be nobody.

I don't even agree all the time with the person I'm married to, and on very substantial matters.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

True friends can agree to disagree without becoming upset.

16. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

You should me more careful about real "friendship" offers. I had a bad experience about that a few days ago. Since I'm pretty new to this neighbourhood I live in I decided to take a chance and actually give a guy my number, since he insisted and wanted to be friends, as he said, but then it turned out (just as I suspected) that he was only out for sex, so I was almost raped, he attacked me several times in my home with attempted kisses and unappropriate touches. I could report him for attempted rape, because technically it would fit into that category of illegal behaviour.

Which again brings up the question. Is it IMPOSSIBLE for guys to be friends with a woman without thinking that if I sweet talk her for a little while longer she will agree to sex or maybe if I suprise her with a kiss she won't be able to resist?

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i tried to limit my "friends" to people i actually know, like my husband, and one of my best buddies...people with whom i've had a lot more interaction with than sciforums discussions, but cluelesshusband wasn't having it, and eventually wore me down. honestly though, i think it's kind of silly to have this "friends" thing on sciforums.

18. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Makes me wonder what the basis of such friendship is ...

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

love and respect.

20. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I should start a blog...Nietzche says...

21. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Did you ever stop to think it might be your choices in Men . O.K. that was a cold statement from my past life . It is important to read the room

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It is based upon a understanding that each friend has the right to think the way they want even if it not what the other friend might not think is correct. As an example I have a friend who thinks that abortions should be illegal but I think they shouldn't be due to many circumstances. We can discuss this matter from time to time and disagree with each other but we still remain friends because we can have our differing viewpoints and still respect each other anyway.

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

from what i've heard from signal, you may as well be speaking japanese to him right now.