Freaky cat

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by G. F. Schleebenhorst, Jan 4, 2008.

1. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

When I was out doing my job earlier, I came across a cat. It was one of those long-haired, fluffy cats, that looks just like a normal cat but with longer, fluffier hair.

It was meowing at me so I gently ran my finger along its back as I usually do, but this cat had what felt like a bunch of pronounced hard bumps along its back, not like its spine because it was standing, and I have never felt that on a cat ever. The cat didn't seem to like it when I stroked it there.

Was this cat covered in tumours or was it just matted hair, do you think? It freaked me out. Please help me so I can continue my cat stroking adventures.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Next time try and get a look at the bumps :shrug:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Can you determine who owns the cat? If so then ask them. Otherwise just leave it alone if its not your cat unless you want to take it to a vet to find out the problem. If the cat doesn't like being pet then just leave it alone, that would be the best idea.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Yes, I left it alone, it's not like I was trying to put my dick up its ass or something, I just ran my finger down its back and felt these bumps, and I would like to know whether they are normal or otherwise.

Thanks for your input :shrug:

8. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

Ticks? My cousing had a dog that had ticks that felt like that when you went to pet it.

9. peta9 Registered Senior Member

next time u cross paths with this cat, maybe us should take it to the vet or the shelter.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Could be tumors or abscesses.. if you know the owner you may want to bring it to his/her attention.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

We had a fluffy cat like that. One day I went to pet it and felt lumps all along its spine. I picked her up and she felt like air. She was dying and because of all her hair I never noticed she had lost so much weight (I'm allergic to cats so i rarely pet them, let alone pick them up)
    She had to be put to sleep that day.

Is it possible the cat was emaciated and you were feeling it's spine?

12. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Yikes, that's disgusting. I hope it hasn't put me off stroking cats, because that is crucial to my entertainment at work.

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Don't ever ever ever touch stray animals or things, man, that cat could've had a disease

As for the bumps, what specifically did they feel like?

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The vertebrae of older cats does tend to stick out more.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yep, our cat was 16

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yeah, but not that much I think. Not with our cat at least (18).
    I think anyone would know it's the vertebrae..

17. Donnal Registered Member

the plot thikens eh the cat stroker
    well i dunno what that is without seeing or touching the puddy tat myself
    i did animal studies and got a pluses for most tests and never once have heard of that on a cat may be a human not a animal

18. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

It wasn't stray.

The bumps were hard, at first I thought it was spine but the cat was just standing with its back straight....the bumps didn't seem to be in a line either.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

If a human can get it, an animal can get it.. :shrug:

20. Kovak Registered Senior Member

Older cats like mine have matted hair most likely because they cannot lick to clean their fur as effectively due to mobility restriction (arthritis' a.t.l.)Otherwise its due to to fighting as other cats claws mat the fur hair & I usually just pull it out as a clump.