Fraggle Rocker, slander and inappropriate comments

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by S.A.M., May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think you are seriously deluded. I have changed nothing about my opinions or methods and you have yet to mention this theoretical time point to which you attribute everything. So lets see the evidence to back up your latest two assertions - all prior notifications for evidence having gone unanswered

1. "Since the last time I called you on disingenuity and posted my accusation inline in the thread in question"

Which thread?

2."I see just enough of the old Sam to be certain that you have not reformed"

Whats the latest example of this?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Sorry, I just thought the irony was a bit too funny to not point this out, maybe I misunderstand the context.

Well, that was fast

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This should be interesting

Definition:Intellectual dishonesty is the advocacy of a position known to be false.

So what is the false position I am advocating here?

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

That the US and Israel are not the gods of the world, always right and everything they do is morally correct because they are doing it

9. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I didn't say anything about you doing that here. If I wanted to I think I could point to examples of heavy bias and inconsistent logic, but I don't see the need here. You said you wanted a recent example of how you haven't changed, and I thought two paragraphs up counts as "recent".

Definition of recent: Of or belonging to a time not long past

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Actually, I can think of two arguments where Fraggle has used his intellectual dishonesty yardstick. I'm not going to bother to link them because I refuse to adhere to special rules that no one else feels compelled to adhere to.

1. Was some argument on atheism - cannot wholly recall what it was but it something to do with Dawkins. Or not.

2. Definition of a Jew.

In both cases, I did not respond to his posts because clearly by making the arguments I had already rejected the status quo.

What I found interesting in that case is that if I define atheist or Jew, it is somehow intellectual dishonesty, even if I quote atheist or Jewish sources. Apparently, the only reliable POV, the only POV with integrity is the one supported by Fraggle Rocker. Who defines theists as morons and retards. So lets say I define all atheists as Morons and all Jews as Retards. Is that acceptable discourse, one with integrity?

11. CptBork Valued Senior Member

See? This is called trolling, maybe it should be discussed in the backrooms. Who said S.A.M. is wrong or dishonest in advocating such a position? Let's see a citation.

12. Bells Staff Member

Don't worry. It updates automatically. Like Windows 7.

It certainly is.

Or it would have been.

But it could be that only certain forms of racism would result in an automatic ban. I suspect if I had been of a particular religious persuasion, it may have warranted a ban perhaps? Best not let on that I'm not white.. lest I get banned.

On a serious note.. I think this forum is losing its way. I feel that I am. I also feel that we moderators are obsessing and too concerned about things we should not be concerned in and that some may be so obsessed that they feel and fear that we are being subverted by the evil elements on this forum. I think that when we get to that position, then we need to take a step back and actually question ourselves and take a good long hard look at our conduct. I am well aware I am not innocent, nor are my actions pardonable. I don't make excuses for them. I certainly do not say that I am driven to it.

You and I fight like wild feral animals on this forum. But I don't think I could say you lead me to behave as I do towards you. We are total opposites (as Kremmen's test pointed out

) and there are certain topics that set off the worst in ourselves. I'm a hot head. I am irritable (and that has gotten worse lately) and I tend to attack from the get go. In my work, I took no prisoners (figuratively speaking). I don't make excuses for others, nor do I for myself. I think my biggest fault is that I expect better from others.

13. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Yikes, so did you ever have to skewer a grad student who missed a deadline or something like that? A lot of pressure to get things done by certain deadlines in science, some profs just go "f*ck it, hurry up and finish whenever", others are like "your future career is dead if you don't finish this by 8am tomorrow".

14. Bells Staff Member

I have errr blasted clerks for being too obsessed with their mobile phones and texting and failing to file documents in court on time. I did skewer one police officer once who asked a teenage rape victim if she was sure she had been raped during an interview..

Thinking back on it, I tore him to shreds. Then filed an official complaint and tore into him some more.

Professionally I am very harsh. Personally and when it comes to my family, I am a push over and I overlook just about anything and everything, with a few exceptions..

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

We'll do it live!

Fair enough. I just felt it was a misread of the situation. And, yes, I am also a hot head and irritable, I know.

Hello. My name is Geoff, and I am a rageaholic.

16. Bells Staff Member

Quoted...

Just in case..

*Squints eyes suspiciously*

And now, I bid all goodnight. Meds are kicking in and it's sleep time!

17. John99 Banned Banned

got that from Rodney Dangerfield.

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yeah, and he stole it from Winston Churchill.

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

hint, hint.

20. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

I come here mainly to learn and learn I do! This includes SAM as she brings a unique perspective (at times going overboard) but I do respect her opinions and actually follow her as I do you and a few others for what is sure to be a good intellectual debate or just very informative.

I do not know about the moderators bigotry towards SAM but I do know that SAM is more than capable with her intellectual prowess and her debating tactics to go against any of these bigoted big boys. So I have to wonder what is SAM's motives when she cries foul. Is Fraggle really rascist and sexist? :shrug: Fraggle seems to distribute his condescension pretty equally as far as I can tell! Or maybe he is just a little jealous of SAMs intellect?

I have not been here very long, but I too made an observation about SAM early on, and yes it is just my opinion, or as SAM seems to think my ignorance as an American but she consistently hijacks threads w/ propaganda umm like ( I thought you might be interested in this) and then giving links to several sites that betray her radicalism! Then of course the piling on starts by other members who point this out and then the whole damn discussion goes in the shitter.

Am I objective in my perception? I am here as I have said earlier mainly to learn, my ego is not invested in any of these debates or so dependant on my intellectual abilities that I get too easily offended! Hey, maybe I am ignorant!

IF it quacks........

21. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

No, and for racial equality I have credentials going all the way back to carrying picket signs in the 1960s, sheltering people who were afraid to go home during the Watts Riots, and raising a small fortune to send food to Ethiopia in the early 1980s. As for sexism, I'm not sure how a person can disprove that allegation, except to say that neither my wife nor my female friends and coworkers have ever accused me of it. And in fact Sam has never accused me of those two sins either. Only my well-known hostility to supernaturalism.
    Thanks for the... um... er... compliment?

Sam is bright but I can hold my own with her.
    Yes, she doesn't think much of us. She spent some time here but I can't figure out where, since she doesn't seem to know very much about our country or our people beyond headlines and propaganda.
    If this is an accurate description of the incident, it is a textbook example of trolling: "To halt or divert the forward motion of a discussion with off-topic remarks, excessive humor, insults, fighting words, etc." Has the moderator of that subforum seen the posts in question?

22. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I don't believe that.

I certainly believe that you want to portray yourself as dispassionate (and portray others as emotional). But I don't buy it.

Exactly - SAM is a stoic scientist, motivated by abtract concern, others are tempermental cry-babies.

It has already been made abundantly clear that Fraggle was drawn into a back-room discussion initiated by your self-appointed protectors here.

I'd have to respond that your antics end up becoming the topic of any thread you engage in to much extent.

This explains something significant about your discursive approach, and its tenuous relationship to intellectually honest debate: you try to "win" by provoking an emotional reaction from the other side, while portraying yourself as cool-headed. This is not good-faith engagement. It is somewhere on the continuum between trolling and blogsmanship.

The thing about this line of assertion is that the more you pursue it, the hollower it rings.

You're entitlted to your opinion, of course, and I do not deny being one arrogant sonofabitch. But I've also evinced a clear understanding of the appropriate role of a moderator, the inconsistency of that with regular poster behavior, etc. I have said, repeatedly over the years, that were I a moderator I would not engage in the forum I moderated in any capacity other than as moderator, and recommended that others do the same. Pressure is not something I have a problem with - patience with bullshit, however, is a different matter.

But, my proposal is the mods be elected, not be recommended by the likes of SAM, and I have a certain confidence that your reservations are not widely shared.

I reject the implication that I suffer from a lack of objectivity, or a susceptibility to emotive confusion. Indeed, exactly my refusal to lose sight of the actual argument in the face of your emotional distractions seems to be the feature of myself that most frustrates you.

Or: do you honestly believe that anyone is going to take complaints about topical focus in opposition to emotive prompts seriously, coming from you? Get real.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  23. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

I will go and find the posts that I think hijack original debate topic. Give me a couple days though, as I only have a 2 hours to give in the next few days. But I will do this, because I certainly want to know if I am falsely accusing someone erroneusly.

Most Ignorantly,

The American

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.