Fraggle And Hercules

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Gustav, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats the whole philosophy behind physician assisted suicide

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I sent myself on that ban. Obviously - and I made that plain to you in PM before you posted this here.

Not that there's anything remotely appropriate about such a bullying posture from a moderator, accuracy notwithstanding.

Gustav has been my favorite poster for a long, long time. You may recall that I change my user title to "FREE GUSTAV" every time he's banned. If you'd been paying any attention, you'd have noticed many friendly exchanges between us, going back a long time.

So, I demand that you retract your blatantly unfounded lie about me, and apologize for questioning the sincerity of my respect and admiration for Gustav. You know not whereof you speak, and are out of line, sir.

Again, a blatant lie, along with personal aspersions and browbeating. Surely this violates multiple forum rules/guidelines?

Is this supposed to make you look less like the petty authoritarian Gustav jokingly equates you with? Or more like the insecure dictator of dumbfucksci?

I demand that Gustav's freedom of speech be respected, and his hilarious, creative, productive contributions valued as such. I expect this to be dealt with through JamesR receiving an unmistakeable, unanimous directive to cease his abuses of position and authority, and generally start acting like an adult.

Also maybe y'all should delete the manifold insults that James seems unable to refrain from spewing in various threads here, if that's how such things are supposed to be handled.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I didn't miss that at all. That's why I didn't issue any complaint about such, and instead limited my response to the underlying issues there.

Indeed it is, and good on your for pursuing that approach. There are a few other mods here that would do well to heed your example.

But none of that means that I'm going to feel any obligation to refrain from commenting on serious issues that come up in the process.

8. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

What I don't get is why anyone would be offended by being compared to Jack Kevorkian. The man is a hero - he's done jail time to stand up for the principle that people are entitled to die with dignity, at a time and place of their own choosing and in a peaceful, painless, safe manner. I'd be honored to be compared to him.

/digs out old Kevorkian Death Cycle CD Collection for Injection, signed by the whole band...

9. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

You forgot to put a deadline on that.

10. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Oh, may bad.

I want this handled before Cinco de Mayo, or I will descend onto SciForums in a tequila-soaked rampage of wanton destruction, ideological terror and cussing.

11. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

really?
    you DEMAND that james, or anyone else, value gustav contributions?
    you are hilarious.

in all honesty i found the images, especially the kevorkian one, funny.
    i value gustavs posts as a matter of transparency, nothing more.

13. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Flattery will get you nowhere, my dear.

Except into my pants, of course. My weakness is vanity, hence the slut.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

quadraphonics:

Ok. I retract that.

Clearly, you and Gustav are great buddies who go back a long way. My mistake.

Ask your mate Gustav why he chose to label that image with my name. If you can't work it out for yourself, that is.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

This thread is so uselessly funny, it's like 5 pages worth of crap its worse than a thread I started.

But it on the other hand is very funny. Those cartoons are brilliant who made them?

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

what on earth makes you think i want to look into that dark abyss you call a crotch?

17. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Geez - this looks like a fun war, wish I could be here more often these days...

Is that even possible? (Emphasis mine.)

James, Gustav is... well, Gustav. (which you already know, of course)

He often serves as a counterpoint to those who take cyberspace too seriously. At the same time, he's apparently committed to turning over rocks and exposing bullshit, when and where it lies. This is a good thing.

Is it not true that if you eliminate all the outliers you end up with a flat line? (Or maybe a single point - let me think for a second) In any event, a totally homogenous forum would be rather dull, no?

"The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don't agree with."
    - Eleanor Holmes Norton

I know you have a shitload of... ummm,,, sh*t to deal with, but the OP issue exists. For real. I believe that what you do here on Sci is quite difficult, especially for no recompense - perhaps a prescription of 100mg of relaxation (#300, PRN) might be in order.

In that vein, we can all use a little humor sometimes, right? Maybe you could relax just a bit on this one? I mean, even Stryder summoned some patience and advocated... well... tolerance? Not every rousing of the rabble need be quenched immediately - at some point, you have to let things sort themselves out on their own. After all, this is a place for dissenting viewpoints to be heard, discussed, left unresolved and fought over again for years to come, right? No? Please let me hear you affirm the sensible answer this time - don't lose the *respect that you have gained.
    (*This is not a reference to my personal opinion either way - you know where I stand.)

Finally:

18. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Something about that doesn't sound particularly sincere... and there'd be an apology attached to that retraction, if you wanted to put your earlier offense right. It wasn't simply inaccurate, but included the personal insult that my friendship and admiration are false, hollow entities, extended for no purpose beyond baiting one JamesR. Since, y'know, my whole life revolves around you and I spend my days stalking you with wild eyes, or something.

I didn't express any trouble with that question. What I asked is why you'd take offense to said image. Is the presumption that Gustav must have been trying to offend you? That seems kinda silly. So did you just lose track of the actual subject in your rush to condescend there?

19. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

/shrug you can keep your eyes closed, if you want...

Also, nobody picked up on the Big Lebowski reference? /saddened...

20. Pinwheel Banned Banned

I prefer pretty cartoons...

21. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

:blbl:
    What about this nice THWAPPY ACTION COMIC ?

22. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

:wtf:

23. Pinwheel Banned Banned

So was Gustav punished?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.