Fox Hunting

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Pi-Sudoku, Sep 24, 2005.

?

Fox Hunting is....

1. Neccesary and should be allowed

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Barbaric cruel and should be banned

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Roman Banned Banned

And you're just a pussy that can't handle blood.

If it doesn't have rational thought, it's not that horrible to kill it. Abortion should be legal until about year 7, maybe 5. After that, the child's a human. It can read and think and do simple maths.

As for animals, they're just animals. They feel pain, but they can't do a whole lot to complain about it. It's far more important to be familiar with killing, skinning and fire than be scared of violence and predation.

Next you'll be condemning lions because they eat gazelles.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I learned to read simple text when I was 2 years 9 months old.

So can't some paralized humans.
    Besides, we're just animals too. In my psyche there is no distinction.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

OH!!! Horror of horrors!! Surely we, as a civilized people, don't actually allow that to happen .........do we??? Oh, please, please, tell me that we don't!!

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

they dont chase the gazelle for miles taking chunks out of it and then just leave it,they eat it.its called being a carnivore.have you ever seen a huntsman eat a fox?

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, that's not true! The lions only eat the best parts of the animals (unless they're damned hungry!) ....and they leave the rest of it lying on the plains.

I don't see much difference in the lions and the fox hunters in that regard, do you?

People just don't like to think of the "poor fox", but then perhaps it's best just to NOT think about it. I mean, if it upsets people, why think about it? Do those people also wander around all day worried sick about some poor gazelle being hunted by lions? Shit, is that all they got to worry about??

Baron Max

9. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

yes i do,the lions are hunting for FOOD not for ENTERTAINMENT.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

How do you know that it's not entertaining for them? And just for your info, I saw a PBS special one time about both lions and killer whales that "played" with their prey for a long time before killing it .....and then didn't even eat it!

But regardless, you say that lions don't hunt for fun ......can you supply an evidence or facts to support that claim? Or is just saying it enough???

Baron Max

11. Roman Banned Banned

Lions, like almost all cats, are sit-and-wait predators. They hide in the grass, wait until something tasty walks by, then leap out and shred it.

Have you ever watched a predator play with its food? They like catching things and tearing them up. When I lived in Puerto Rico, the neighborhood cats would catch lizards, maul them, then wander away. The still living animal would expire in the sun as ants carted off its meat.

12. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

yes,here is the transcript of a conversation i had with a lion www.stopbeingsuchatwat.com.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Kenworth, hereafter, I'll simply believe everything you post ....will that make it easier for you?

Baron Max

14. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

it would make it easier,but instead you could just apply logic.

15. Roman Banned Banned

Kenworth, please ignore the evidence that predators enjoy killing! Thanks!

Humans are predators. We use out technology and group behavior to hunt, instead of pointy nails and teeth. Like any animal, we enjoy that which serves us best. Predators like to kill. If they didn't like to kill, they wouldn't make very good predators. Humans, as predators, like to hunt. We just happen to also be the best hunters in the world. It's not our fault.

16. GodlessEvil God is dead Registered Senior Member

We're not animals, thats the whole point, i'm not afraid of blood or violence, in fact i am probably more violent than you by nature but i get my kicks through hardcore videogames like doom 3 or even unreal tournament where online you may be virtually killing people rather than actually killing them, and horror films i prefer the more b rated senseless gore films. And violence based music DEATH metal anyone?

I suspect that without these things i *might* be a serial killer or something LOL.

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Of course we are animals. Don't they teach biology in schools any more?
    I have this idea, an old idea actually - ancient Greeks had it - the high fulfilment of nature in human nature. We have the capacity and intellect, but as I observe humans, most in their daily lives are offensively primitive in their actions and reasoning.

And of course the christian dogma that man is superior to beast and that nature has to be corrected and conquered just adds fuel to misery in western societies.
    We're a part of this planet, but many act as if it was their property. It's an ecosystem, a life support system in this hazardous universe, "correct" it too much and it will hit back as consequences to our "godly" actions.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Perhaps we should also ban fishing? I mean, either vicious hooks are jabbed thru the flesh of the fish's mouth and yanked out of the water or, worse(?), they're netted and yanked out of the water to die of slow, agonizing suffocation ...flopping around and hurting themselves trying to get back into the water! Shame, shame!!! All of that, just so you and I can have a fish dinner? Oh, the horrors of it all.

Baron Max

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

That is for each him or herself to decide - an individual responsibility.
    You want to kill animals? But please! Nobody is stopping you (apart from illegal hunting).
    At the end you are just hurting yourself even if don't realise that. But hey, some people actually enjoy doing that and as far as I know masochism is not illegal in most of the world.

So why feel offended if some people have made other choices such as not killing other animals?

20. Roman Banned Banned

The issue here isn't of personal choice but government control. Should the UK gov't be allowed to flat ban fox hunting?
    I don't think so. It's a cultural thing, unique to Britain. They even bred funny looking dogs to hunt with. There simply isn't enough harm being done to the fox population as whole to warrant such a ban. Besides that, it's not intolerably cruel. It's not like they're poisoning the foxes. A ban would be unfair to the hunting dogs, too.

Godless,
    I have scar tissue on my knuckles from punching.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Not to population as a whole, but to individual foxes.
    I don't see how that hunting method can be regarded anything else than cruelty and torture. At least a poison would presumably kill quick.
    If those people like the dogs, they won't kill them. I'm sure that there are a lot of animal rights activists that would offer to shelter them.

22. GodlessEvil God is dead Registered Senior Member

Good for you!

23. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

enjoy?what do you mean by that?
    my point is lions hunting animals:necessary.
    humans hunting foxes:not