Fortean phenomena

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You are definitely right there River.
    Alex

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

What is right ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Its all that remains if you are hit by a bus that takes away your left side.
    Alex

paddoboy likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Then the bus that hits you on right side will balance you out

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

That's along the lines of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and the poison Apple riv?
    Must be so comforting wallowing in myth, pseudoscience, fairy tales and other similar nonsense riv....

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Ain't it so!

10. river

Courage pad courage .

While you have nothing more than , character assassination , which you do countless times , it does not discourage my search for knowledge and understanding of this Universe .

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Character assassination??? Where? When??
    You mean picking you up on continued nonsense you push on this forum that even MR has rebuked you for?

You mean having a laugh at your expense when you claim that we have had a nuclear war on Mars?

You mean on your worn out claims that reading books are the be all and end all of knowledge while poo pooing the Internet that you are able to read the full version of any book you wish on?

No riv, that's not character assassination, that's just telling it as it is, particularly when you let your nonsensical gullible claims slip over into science.

Your's sadly is not the search for knowledge and understanding: Your's is wallowing in pseudoscience and fairy tales and avoiding the real science and scientific methodology.

And that is sad.

12. birch Valued Senior Member

This never made sense to me in forums. If its so explainable, then what is the fun or curiosity in that? We are naturally curious about the unknown. The known is been there, done that or know that. Dull.

13. river

What is sad pad , is your post .

14. birch Valued Senior Member

Stop it! it is not sad. It is entertaining. I want to read riv's theory of this nuclear war on mars. Please explain. It sounds fascinating.

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Just ask him!! He'll give you a full rundown and all the ghastly details. It was between some Alien Overlords I recall!
    Enjoy!!!

16. river

Ask away birch

17. birch Valued Senior Member

Riv, MR and that krash dude are very entertaining and creative fellas. I bet they would be fun to hang out with. I think this forum should feel blessed or fortunate some unique people or at least people who are honest about their ideas (some unconventional) even when belittled etc are secure in being true to themselves or their ideas. They add a dash of levity and a bit of thinking outside the box even if not perfect.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Magical Realist likes this.
  18. birch Valued Senior Member

Go on and tell or refer me to the thread or posts if you dont want to have to repeat yourself.

19. river

I'm taking a break ; but the levels of Xenon 129 were way over the top in the atmosphere on Mars .

Xenon 129 in the atmosphere on Earth is because of Nuclear bomb testing .

But Mars Xenon 129 , compared to Earths Xenon 129 , is way , way more .

This Xenon 129 in Mars atmosphere leads to the conclusion that only Nuclear bombs could ever get Xenon 129 consentrations as they are on Mars .

20. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Sorry about the emo, it got there and I cant get rid of it...

I was joking. Mocking those who can be overstrict about humans right to knowledge.
    No one in particular but I have run into folk who would say "there are some things we are meant not to know" or similar.

Curiosity is a very good thing so long as it does not obsess with others personal business...

Alex

21. river

To the last statement , agreed

To the rest , I disagree

Humanities right to knowledge , is about , in the end , about our survival .

Our existence , Humanities existence , our freedom to chose our own destiny , on our own terms , is what knowledge gives us .

22. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I am not clear on what you mean River but I think you disagree with the same folk that I sort to mock.
    Knowledge is good but that statement should make a distinction as to what knowledge is good, moreover what knowledge is useful.
    There is much knowledge that offers nothing and actualy destructive.
    Alex

23. river

How can it be not clear what I mean . on your post #57 the last statement I agree . the rest I disagree .

How do you know what knowledge offers nothing and is actually destructive ?