Formal Complaint About the Admin James R.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by OilIsMastery, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

For example?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

your "expanding earth" thread.
    even a moron such as myself can quickly conclude that the earth can not possibly be expanding. only through accretion can the earths surface be increasing in area, and that is on a scale so small as to be laughable.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It looks like the evil administrator is winning again...curses!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He always wins.

8. D H Some other guy Valued Senior Member

This thread exemplifies why OIM needs to be banned. Letting him stay here is a disservice to the rest of the sciforums community.

9. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

James would have done so well as a scientific censor in the 16th century.

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Better now than never. Wrong/ignorance is still wrong/ignorance no matter which century it appears in.

12. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

To me it exemplifies why he should stay. The best contribution that a person can make is an idea that has a basis in reality that isn't yet approved by the scientific establishment. It's the only way that science can grow.

James and you both contend that people who make statements that you disagree with should be banned. That's the only excuse that I can see for you to ask for OIM to be banned in that thread.

In other threads OIM has been justifiably annoyed with people and having been through similar things myself, I understand when he overreacts.

13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Check out Read-Only's first post on this board for wrong/ignorance.

James must be in one of his moods today because he is starting a fight with OilIsMastery.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Bullshit. If I banned everybody I disagreed with, both you and OIM would be long gone.

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

instead of going with the status quo OIM has indeed asked some interesting questions, post 11 of the thread DH pointed out for example.
    the scientific community isn't exactly legit you know.
    don't get me wrong, i am not using a brush here but there are certain things that really need to be addressed.

16. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

So you only do it when you really, really disagree. Claiming that the person that you do it to is "wrong" or "lying" doesn't really cover some of the things that you have done before, and you start fights by picking at people.

You don't have to correct everyone who is wrong on the Internet, and your moderator fiat just makes the temptation worse. You have jumped on subject matter that you don't approve of more than once, on the grounds of the subject matter, and you have trolled the threads yourself, angered people, then banned them. Please work out a better way to deal with this.

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I've watched the scientific community run its credibility through a shredder and still pretend that it's believable, like some neurotics of a type that you and I both know. People give in eventually to make the pain stop, not because the players are right.

And James just banned OilIsMastery for asking how he was allegedly trolling after James falsely accused him of trolling. This isn't right.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  18. leopold Valued Senior Member

or to remain "on the payroll".

19. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

So true.

20. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You accused someone of lying who gave a journal article to support his contention. You did that in more than one thread in just the last half hour.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I invite anybody who wishes to know the real reason OIM was banned to review one of the threads that led to the ban, here:

[thread]88553[/thread]

22. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

He posted information from a journal article:

http://www.cprm.gov.br/33IGC/1284024.html

You accused him of lying, then you threatened him with a ban for trolling when he asked why you accused him of lying.

I don't think you're feeling well today, James. I'm not sure that I want to know the "real reason" why OIM was banned.

23. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Seems I came in just at the right time 'eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.