Force and pressure question relating to angles.

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by theorist-constant12345, Jan 23, 2015.

1. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

Something that imposes a continued force of an object pushing on a surface results in a continued pressure on the surface.
    If the perpendicular force and pressure on a surface is displaced by angular displacement of the surface to the perpendicular force and pressure, does this result in a force and pressure shift/difference, on the surface of the pressure and force?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I think you need to rephrase the question.

Use an analogy perhaps?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

Ok thank you, I will try to define the question in analogy form.

If I placed a solid gate sub merged to the depth of the river in a river, the river flowed at a continued speed, and remained at a continued density and viscosity, the solid gate being a vertical and horizontal barrier perpendicular to the force of the rivers flow.
    The pressure on the surface of the barrier from the force of the river will remain a constant pressure?

If we put this barrier at an angle to the flow of the river, the surface that was angled opposing to the direction of the rivers flow, will have more force and pressure exerted on it from the force of the river than the surface that was angled with the flow?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

Something like this I am asking about.

It is not a theory it is a question , i am trying to understand angular force and if there is any force difference by the angle of something perpendicular to the force.

Attached Files:

8. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Uh... Still don't understand.

If I throw a ball up or at an angle, gravity still acts the same.

9. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

I am not asking about gravity, I am asking about the applied force of a Physical presence, and the center of pressure of the force making surface contact being altered by angular displacement of the surface plane to the perpendicular force ?

Is the angular force a variation to the perpendicular force?

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Break up the vectors into components and do the math?

11. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

I would not know how to do the maths for this, an equation I had of the internet that I thought was related was this cp = (S[x * p(x)]dx) / (S[p(x)]dx)

If this was the equation I would have no idea what all the symbols represented, I understand cp is central pressure, and I presume x is position and p is momentum?

12. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Then look for something easier via Google.

If you can do the Pythagorean theorem, you can do vector components.

13. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

It is not that I can not do the maths, the reason I can not calculate the maths is because I do not know what the algebra in the maths relates to.

If I know the components of the formula , then I can do the equations.

Example (S[x * p(x)]dx)

I do not know what S represents, I do not know what x and p represents, I do not know what d represents .

I do not know what all the brackets represent, I do recognise the * ,

Could any one please put the formula into words instead of letters and then I will understand the maths maybe to this?

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yeah, given that the page you (presumably) got the equation from specifically states that " We will use the symbols "S[ ]dx" to denote the integration of a continuous function" and "pressure variation around the surface as a function p(x)" you don't appear to have read it at all.
    And "centre of pressure" is nothing whatsoever to do with the question you appear to be asking in the OP. (It's a term with a specific meaning that's used in fluid mechanics).

15. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

Every person can not automatically understand something, what you posted does not give me a value to replace the letter in the formula with which I am asking for, I lost the page I had the formula from .
    If this formula is fluid mechanics, what is the correct formula for a Physical presence that applies a force?

16. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

17. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Then try f*cking understanding before posting bollocks about it.

Really?
    Which letter are you talking about now?

Maybe you didn't notice that I LINKED TO THAT PAGE.

I have no idea what the highlighted part means.

19. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

So please tell the world which part of asking questions about it to try and understand it, because I do not understand it , is profanities?

Again your language in the main forum is terrible, and not related to giving answers.

Which letter ? all of them in the formula,

if i wrote <xlpl>xxki/

you would have no idea what that meant, the same as I do not know what the maths represents I am asking about.

What formula is used for the force of light and central pressure of light on a angular surface?

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

1) the "s" is explained in the quote I gave - We will use the symbols "S[ ]dx" to denote the integration of a continuous function. It's NOT a "letter S" it's an integral sign.
    2) p is not momentum - pressure variation around the surface as a function p(x).
    3) "x" is not a letter.

Yeah, like I said, you managed to copy out the equation without bothering to read anything about.
    How stupid is that?

You're delving into word salad again.
    What do you mean by "central pressure"?
    Since you're apparently unaware of how to calculate it when it strikes perpendicularly what makes you think "an angular surface" is going to provide a separate formula that means anything to YOU?
    Basic question: define "pressure".

21. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

I read the page but did not understand it, I understood the diagram well enough to see that this was the lines of questioning I needed.

''to denote the integration of a continuous function''

What does this mean in English?

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Then obviously you didn't understand the diagram.

Er yeah... since you've admitted to a complete lack of maths how would an explanation help?
    Given that you ask for it to be "explained in English" it's not going to help much at all, is it?
    You're sat in front of a computer.
    Try Google. Try this.

23. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

Yes I can google every single word in that phrase to try to understand it, but if I google those words there is several meanings and definitions to words, for example function, is this a maths function or an activity that is natural to or the purpose of a person or thing or a relation or expression involving one or more variables.

It is not my fault that the English language and science use different definitions.

I get - To indicate the action or process of indicating the mean value or total sum of a measured quantity. forming an unbroken whole; without interruption expression involving one or more variables.

Is that a correct translation of the sentence I do not understand?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015