"Forbidden History"

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by sly1, Jan 2, 2008.

1. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

Was browsing through youtube searching for stuff about ancient Sumeria and found this interesting series called "forbidden history". The poster claims the story is direct word for word translations from ancient "sumerian" clay tablets.

However I can't confirm his claim or research it as valid so alas it is posted here is pseudoscience. Sumeria seems a bit understudied for whatever reason. There is not alot of information that is considered factual as much as guess work.

The story is extremely interesting though. Reading through is a bit difficult and reminds me of "Yoda" from star wars.....you will see why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NhVob8w_Kk&feature=PlayList&p=8D3F31D792A1D0A5&index=0&playnext=1

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I'll take a look when I get home. Does it have anything to do with how every western religion traces to Sumerian stories?

Giants...walked the earth in those days...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

Sure you aren't thinking about a certain Cimmerian? ;-)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Funny. Nope. I was a bit surprised to find out that there really WERE Cimmerians.

I like writers like R E Howard, that use some actual (known) stuff from history, mixed with legends to make their own stories better for immersion. Kinda like Hebrews and Constantine.

8. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Managed to get through 3 minutes of it. Repetitive. It recounts some natural disaster which caused devastation. The poster seems to think it was a nuclear explosion.
    Wouldn't some disease or a foreign invasion be a more likely explanation of the texts?

9. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

Well it is repetative at first, but once you get into the 2nd tablets it gets really interesting. There are suposedly 14 tablets and and he has only got through 7 of them so far.

The first chapter is the most uninteresting of them all.

Actually from what I read so far there was no mention of giants in the text. However depending on if these are legit or not......it would explain how the bible got alot of its information......and boy did it get fkd up. Interestingly though as "out of this world" as the texts can get, its a far more plausable account of how "man" came to be......imo anyway.

I wrote an e-mail to the poster of the videos to see If I could get some of his resources.

10. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

Well I got his reply in my mail:

"Here is a wikipedia article about the earliest culture in S. Iraq:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumer

Here is an article about language, the translators and the tablets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumerian_language

As you can see translations began very early. Now, the thing is, after the first translations came in they didn't actually knew what they were dealing with. The story was so big and complex that they labeled it as myths. Pieces here and there were found, but it didn't made sense. Stuff became really interesting when they discovered libraries with tablets that were stored together. The book of Enki, the ones I post, were found in a library of Nippur. That link below here are the remains of an Sumerian pyramid called a Ziggurat in Nippur:
    http://rubens.anu.edu.au/raider6/iraq_heritage/photos/nippur1.jpg

Then came Z. Sitchin. Sitchin began to notice that the story written in the book of Enki had striking resemblances with Genesis. Further more, the gods that were mentioned during travel from Nibiru to Earth were exactly in the same numbers and appearances as the planets in our solar system. During travel they for example they encountered the hammered bracelet which he discovered is the asteroid belt. So.. in the end Sitchin didn't translate that much but he recognized that the story aren't myths at all, but real events. And when that was discovered suddenly all the vague texts became crystal clear.

But still, officially the texts are described as myths. Also there been no official statement about the discovery of Nibiru. But NASA became very interested in these tablets. Because one week before the Voyager satellite passed Uranus, Sitchin wrote a letter to NASA explaining how the planet looked and that it has rings. Turned out, these 6000 year old tablets were right. That caught their attention.."

The translations indicate that its not a myth. The texts and tablets are thousands of years old before space flight or instruments such as the teliscope were invented.

So how do the texts go into detail about not only the structure of the solar system, all the planets in the correct order, but the asteroid belt and the characteristics of each planet as well? I dont see how it could be labeled as myth if those details were known at the time the texts were made.

I can't make my mind up on the issue honestly, for all I know Sitchen could just be tryin to sell books......:shrug:

11. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Sitchen is a crank. A nutter.

If you want a list of good references to Sumerian culture, see the bibliography at the ends of these two blog posts series of mine: Sumerian.

If you want to go right to the bibliographies click on the Part III Gilgamesh link and Part II of the Dilmun and Punt link.

12. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

Thanks much for the links!

edit: It appears that the epic of gilgamesh is another obvious paralell to genisis.....or vice-versa rather since gilgamesh came first. Anyhow the above translations follow the same theme of drawing parallels to stories in genesis.

To add, I don't know if the above youtube series translated tablets are of "Sitchen's doing. I only knew of Sitchen and sumeria as its the most controversial and thus....most popular at the moment.

I'll be doing more research on the issue and see If I cant contact the "translators" themselves.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  13. VRob Registered Senior Member

Can you elaborate? Not that I know much about Sitchen, but what makes you say he's a nutter? Or a crank?

So in the same post, you claim Sitchen is a nutter, you then link some of your own blogs on the subject?

How do I know you're not a nut?

Or maybe I already do know.......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

I linked to my blog as a means of providing additional bibliography. If you chose to read the content of my articles there and found them to be factually inaccurate, you are welcome to dispute that accuracy either here or there. But, again, my intent was to provide additional bibliography.

With regard to Sitchin, and this is off the top of my head, he typically seeks to demonstrate that myths like the bible are factually true. The methodology he uses is creating a conclusion and then seeking the data which are supportive, conveniently ignoring data that aren't.

What he's done is basically taken the story of Marduk and Tiamat and created a pseudo-astronomical hypothesis (an hypothesis that has zero astronomical evidence to support it) that there exists a "12th planet" named Marduk that has an elliptical path that passes between Earth and Venus. The moons of Marduk hit another planet called Tiamat, creating the asteroid belt. The collision also created Earth and the Moon was once Tiamat's satellite.

Sitchin goes on to say that it was the life on Marduk that seeded the half of Tiamat that became Earth. Marduk's inhabitants are presumably the "Nephalim" of the bible, who created Homo sapiens through genetic manipulation around 300k yrs ago. Sitchin dispenses with the need for evolution to gradually arrive at H. sapiens through primate lines of A. afarensis, H. erectus, etc.

15. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

I believe the 12th planet is referred to as "Niribu". Also the inhabitants of "Niribu" are called the "Annunaki". Marduk I belive is the son of "Enki" who are both Annunaki.

Anyway regardless of whether or not Sitchen is a crank the tablets of "Enki" are very interesting if they are translated correctly.

I know the "Forbidden History" is a long series about 36 or so 10 min videos and its only half way through, the 7th Tablet of 14 total tablets. The specifics of the structure of the solar system and specifics of the planet in the "enki" tablets are really what makes me scratch my head. The parallels to genesis are interesting but only show me that the bible is not original.

16. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

In his book, The 12th Planet, he referred to it as Marduk, but I'm going off of memory. I leafed through a copy once at half-price books for a half-hour or so, amazed at the nonsense he was claiming. Somehow the book found its way to the archaeology section, I promptly dropped it off at the paranormal section.

In the bibliography I linked to, there are several texts that provide some very good translations of Sumerian tablets. I still have a copy of each of the journal articles, so if you're interested in one or more, PM me and I can arrange to send a PDF to you.

17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

His "12th planet" is Nibiru. His "invading body" is also Nibiru. Collided with "Tiamat" to form the astroid belt and...earth.

From his site:

Well that stuff is pretty far out, even for me.

Still I'd like to know how they moved these around:

to incorporate into structures..

Whoever did it, I mean.

18. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

You may be right. I'm going from my memory of looking at an actual copy of the book. The reason it sticks out is because I've spent a fair amount of time researching Sumerian culture and Mesopotamian mythology. My recollection is that in the actual book he used the name "Marduk" of the planet.

It will be interesting to see if there's a disparity between his website and his book and what his reasoning is for it. I'll have to see if that book store still has the book.

19. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

that would indeed be interesting. From what the tablets of Enki say....which I dont belive Sitchen tranlated. Marduk was a being.....not a planet so if Sitchen says otherwise his understanding of the translations would be flawed.

20. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

I've wondered the same thing.....those are the "trilliton"? blocks if Im not mistaken. Not even with modern technology can they be moved. No crain in the world could handle those blocks.

edit: those blocks are found in Baalbeck

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  21. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Well it probably does, his website kinda says it differently in different places. Marduk could have been the 11th planet? I just quickly browsed it after reading this thread. He doesn't seem to give a timeline for all this...when does he think this pinball-planet action happened? I mean I suppose it is possible...5 billion years ago...

I read your blogs too. Great information, I'm really getting into this Sumerian stuff( and wonder wild eyed at whatever preceeded it). I do admire the discipline of science but it does not even attempt to explain some things...and that's why guys like Stetchin get an audience.

22. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

Great point. Science however cannot prove everything which is why some topics will always be controversial. Sitchins view on the summerian culture and how human beings came about is very hard to disprove.....almost like disproving god. Which is why I posted this in pseudoscience, the claims cannot be proven.

Sometimes I like to "entertain" the idea just to see if it even makes sense. In this case I do wonder......lets say there is an eliptical orbting planet that has a 3600 year orbit. How would we know it is or is not there? NASA would know im sure, but they dont have to tell us. Now all the sudden the topic goes in the realm of "conspiracy" which is more often then not just paranoia.

But back to sumeria. Im still waiting to find out who exactly translated these "Tablets of Enki" in the forbidden history series i linked, the poster has yet to get back to me.

I'll post the information here when I get it.

BTW....how many have actually watched the videos I posted?

23. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I got to tablet 4 last night. So this is basically Stechin's translation. I see you explained(quoted) how he changed the journey from meeting people to planets....but how does he translate some of it to "spaceships" and "pilots" and other out of place words?