For the protection of the people....

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Tiassa, Aug 22, 2000.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Lately, drug legalization groups have expressed a good deal of worry about American doings in other countries. 'Nuff said about that; I consider Colombia to be a cocaine Vietnam, in other words, not something we really want to do.

But that's just a warm-up. I wanted to offer the following, regarding marijuana defoliants being used in Mexico. Please bear in mind that the UN is preparing mycoherbicides to unleash worldwide in an effort to eradicate marijuana and opium crops. And yes, they really do think an artificially-engineered, predator-free fungus should be unleashed worldwide, and they do think they can restrict it to only marijuana and opium, without damage to similar crops. (In this sense, the world's beer supply is endangered; will the pot mycoherbicide take out hops, as well?)

At any rate, the following is at least one nation's idea of working for the people:

The current methods of destroying marijuana crops kills people and animals.

The next step may be biological warfare.

What price? What human toll is too high a price to pay for the alleged protection of the people?
    http://www.drcnet.org/wol/#marijuanaspraying

thanx,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

------------------
    We are unutterably alone, essentially, especially in the things most intimate and important to us. (Ranier Maria Rilke)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I don't think marijuana is their target. Maybe I'm just getting paranoid, maybe I'm just under too much stress lately, but what better place to test biochemical warfare for use against the rest of us than by testing it out on third-world peons whom nobody will presumably miss?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

That's a point.

On the other hand, I suppose death in two days beats the slow corrosion of your body function and nervous system. Maybe it even beats cancer.

Speaking of disastrous chemicals--and as I'm about to pop off for a cigarette--did you know that nicotine was apparently used as an insecticide in its history? (I'm recalling an old Doonesbury as my source, though.)

thanx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    We are unutterably alone, essentially, especially in the things most intimate and important to us. (Ranier Maria Rilke)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Tobacco itself is not harmful, even when in cigarette form, unless used excessivley. (Too much of anything can be bad for you.)When the cigarette companies get hold of it, though, they start pumping in extra chemicals, unnatural levels of nicotine, tar, etc.

Since cigarettes are something that is consumed by the body, perhaps the government should require them to put something like "nutrition" labels on the packs so you can see what percentages of what you're getting. Instead of simply saying "low tar", they'd have to show exactly how low. Then a potential smoker could do a little research to see what the chemicals do to the body and make a truly informed decision on whether or not to smoke.

Oh, wait. That would mean treating the people like intelligent beings who can run their own lives and make their own decisions. Can't have that now, can we?

[This message has been edited by Oxygen (edited August 23, 2000).]

8. Rambler Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Hi All,

Oxygen...
    I'm a smoker so "bad me" but here in Australia ALL smokes a labeled with tar and nicotine content...we can choose anything from 2mg to 16mg also ALL packets have these GREAT big signs that say SMOKING KILLS, SMOKING WHEN PREGNANT HARMS YOUR BABY, REDUCES FITTNESS all sorts of nasty stuff...to further the cause of ANTI smoking the government has fedral and state taxes on smoke that add up to more then 85% of the cost of these nasty cancer sticks so I pay about $10 a packet in the 7 years I've been smoking the price went from about 3 to 10 ALL taxes....they tell us its to reduce the number of young people taking it up...well the stats say more young people are taking it up then ever before, no one is giving up because of the price hike,all that it means is that addicted people have LESS money to live on... the big "you're going to die" messages just get ignored and the gov pockets BILLIONS of dollars of revenue. Then they go on TV and say that they spend close to 2 billion a year on smoking related illness (leaving out the fact that they make 10 times more in smoking related tax's)....

Addicts will smoke no matter what you put on the packet, you could say its nerve gas and people will still buy it and smoke it...

9. Greenwood priest Registered Member

quote:
    Tobacco itself is not harmful, even when in cigarette form

Wrong. Tobacco contains nicotine. Nicotine is poisonous. In fact, for many smokers, if you were to take the amount of nicotine that they inhale over the course of a day, and give it to them in one dose, they would most likely die.

Nicotine was used as an insecticide because it is poisonous.

There is no need to start ranting about chemical additives in cigarettes, 100% pure natural tobacco is deadly enough all by its self.

In fact, even though marihuana contains more tar than tobacco, it is still far healthier to smoke marihuana. (Unless the DEA gestapo come after you... the criminal "justice" system is far more dangerous than marihuana)

------------------
    Greenwood priest

10. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

a lot of people i know smoke pot, i personally dont consider it bad, i will probobly evan do it in the future (damn peer pressure) but the reason more poeple smoke it is casue of what they say about it, humans are risk takers, if there wernt so many laws, then i bet only bout halff the people would still smoke....

------------------
    when christianity ruled the world, it was called the dark ages!

OI to the punx!, OI to the skins!, and OI to the world and everybody in!!!

[This message has been edited by dexter (edited September 06, 2000).]

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

We are fighting the War Against Drugs for the sake of our children! This one, unlike the topic post, does come from my very own U.S. of A.

(Incidentally, I got the capsule story from USA Today.)

Accidentally? Why are you even pointing the rifle in that direction?

New term for the Oxymoron Dictionary: Police logistics.

Think this what Dad meant when he threatened to "swat" you if you don't shut up?

God bless America, I guess. This is, apparently, the right thing in this country.

More on this as it comes along. I wonder if the kid was reaching for a wallet?

thanx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    Whether God exists or does not exist, He has come to rank among the most sublime and useless truths.--Denis Diderot

12. Cable Man Registered Senior Member

I believe your question is the wrong question. The founding fathers of good ole USA believed that government was a necessary evil and specifically limited it. It's main purpose, as declared in the Constitution, is to provide for the nation's defense, and to promote trade within its boundaries and with other countries.

A possibly more appropriate question...
    Does "crop killing" within another nations sovergnty with U.S. tax dollars fall within the U.S. Governments jurisdiction as defined by its "purpose for being" documents? I submit it does not.
    It seems as if every polititian tries to do things "for our children", come election year. To stay with the thread I say "Protect the people from outside military forces and leave us be."
    Our equal opportunity laws cause enough fear in the work place that trying to deal with race issues becomes next to impossible for fear of lawsuits. Don't deal with bigotry, racial predjudice, or cultural differences in the workplace because they must not exist...the law says so...don't believe it?...here is a law suit.
    May I teach my child to work, for his sake, before he is 16. Sure I can. I get to bring him to work 1 day out of the year for father/son day. What about the rest of the year? Well, our government does not trust parents to do what is right so WE allowed THEM to enact laws to keep them from working very much before they are 18. Also, putting insurance on a kid before he is 18 in the workplace is prohibitive. Get out of my childrens' lives! I'll raise them thank-you! Don't do anything for the sake of my children. They have done enough already.
    For the sake of the children:
    We can kill babies in the womb so they "don't have to suffer" in this world-
    We promote 20 student government classrooms when all studies show that parent taught students do very well at home-
    We can send them off to school and let the school feed them breakfast, lunch, and in a few cases dinner so they can spend more time with their teachers?-
    In the near future we will ofcourse provide medical/dental care for the kids so we can show that only the government is capable of really loving children. And all of this is good because of all the taxes being charged all the parents are working and no one else is there to take care of the kids!

I'm on a soap-box and I'm tired!
    VOTE CONSTITUTION PARTY THIS NOVEMBER!!!
    (for the children) http://www.constitutionparty.com/

[This message has been edited by Cable Man (edited September 14, 2000).]