For the cesspool: The Matrix Trilogy

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Chris_Smith, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Chris_Smith Registered Senior Member

Was there any need for the machines to use human beings for a source of electrical power (food), when all the machines should've done was create solar panels high above the thick filthy skies? Then humans wouldn't have been endangered and there'd be no point to the plot and films...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Well I think you answered your own question.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Why not use other sources of energy? Nuclear, coal, wood, geothermal, wind, hydro, gas etc...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Again, there'd be no trilogy.
    It's a plot device.

If an explanation is really necessary, you could speculate that the machines didn't really need humans for energy, that's only what the Zion people think.

Perhaps the Matrix is the conclusion of an I, Robot (film) scenario, where V.I.K.I won

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

It also didn't make sense that humans could be "fed" by just liquifying the dead and using that material. There simply wouldn't be enough food that way.

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Yeah well who needs all that. Just gets in the way of a juicy plot.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The one thing I dislike most about the matrix that nowadays the streets are filled with nerdboy teenagers wearing a long black 'Matrix'-jacket thinking they look cool.

I tremendously enjoyed watching the matrix in the cinema when it came out. I saw the second one on a not so succesful date, and the third one I can't remember, but I saw that too in the cinema.

One of the two last ones had a car chase scene that was utterly annoying. Loud, and superfluous.

11. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

the first matrix was ok, then someone told marketing.

the matrix could also be a giant super computer using humans as processors and storage, the world the humans "see" could then just be an idle subroutine used to keep there minds occupied

12. Chris_Smith Registered Senior Member

Know what you mean - like everything that is left to an open ending tends to be ruined by its sequels. When I saw the first one it stood up in its own right, but then the other two made it repetative to a point that it's like someone giving you one piece of candy and then saying "Here - take the f*cking lot..." Then you're sick. A bit like 'Little Britain' - just not funny. Now I'm venting...

13. Chris_Smith Registered Senior Member

You're bloody right. Star Wars did the same thing... though I suppose if I un-plugged my brain for a few hours, or if I was just bladdered, then yeah sumet t'do.

14. Chris_Smith Registered Senior Member

true