For Sith only: why did the Death Star blow up?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by GeoffP, May 3, 2007.

1. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Actually, the Empire enslaved the Wookies to build the Death Star. So I'm sure they left a few back doors open when it was constructed. This was all the will of the force. Lets take a look at the connections. The construction was overseen by whom? Anakin Skywalker. The construction plans were obtained by whom? Leia Organa Skywalker. The destruction of the battle station was carried out by whom? Luke Skywalker. That's the short answer.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

It was scripted to do so.

QED

Sheesh.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Learned Hand Registered Senior Member

The imperialists, including General Tarkin, who sought nothing but Machiavellian peace, were hoodwinked by a voodoo wizard in the desert and "forced" to do and believe stupid things, by mind control or otherwise, and the only one smart enough to recognize the trick was Darth Vader, who was really all that was left of those who knew that ancient religion. That's why he escaped, and that's why he personally went after the guy who had the voodoo training with him. He would have succeeded, but some renegade conspirator lied about his future whereabouts on the day that saw the end of Kenobi and would have seen the end of the alliance, and completely took him by surprise.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Ladies, gentlemen - the shortest answer to your questions is:

Metaphor.

8. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

No. It's "Sheesh".

9. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Actually, I think you'll find it's: why?

I win again.

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Quit resurrecting the dead, you. It's illegal in China.

12. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

It's obvious to me...it was inside job...perpetrated by the same government insiders that pulled off 9-11.

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What about Reactor 7?

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Obviously a Controlled Destruction.

15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yeah, that did kind of suck about the contractors. I mean: sure, they're evil and all, but who turns down a government contract? Although couldn't they have been some kind of Engineering Corps? That would make them Imperials too, and thereby legitimate to vaporize.

Actually, I recall Vader's discussion with an officer who says he "needs more men". Vader threatens to tell the Emperor on him and he says they'll "redouble their efforts". So...maybe they weren't civilians after all. MAYBE THE ENTIRE "CLERKS" SCENE IS A LIE. But who would construct such a lie? What did they want? Who benefitted from such a lie?

I'll tell you who: Big Hollywood, like Kevin McSmithChimpyUniversal, that's who. He faked that whole dialogue, all the while knowing that really it was the Empire Engineering Corps who built the station, not some collection of innocent independent contractors. Anyone who's watched the films as much as Smith - who, I remind you, is a geek - knows about the threatening scene I described above. So he knew! And he exploited his knowledge to make it some kind of scene that other sci-fi geeks would remember and comment on. And they would see "Clerks II".

And they would see "Clerks II".

And they would see "Clerks II".

And they would see "Clerks II!

Which sucked!

And there's the real conspiracy, my friends. Kevin Smith blew up the Death Star to get people to shell out for his next "Clerks" movie. Those bastards blew it all to hell.

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It blew itself up. It was tired of being only third in command and its posinuclaic eletronic computer brain made it a jealouse machine with vengence in its memory banks.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

What do you think this is, Star Trek or something? You can't trick machines into destroying themselves in Star Wars, you know, you giant gormless Trekkie.

19. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

There's no doubt it was an inside job, the emperor admitted on tape that he let the plans for death star II get into rebel hands. It was all to lay what he thought was a clever trap.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Which, since Smith didn't comment on it in Clerks or Clerks II. proves it was an inside job. Controlled Destruction.

Checkmate!

21. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Your forgetting that quantum nanotube reinforced steel doesn't melt unless its above 180000 Kelvin.

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

That's a lie. An ex-Imperial sceantist, Dr. Jephen Stones, has proved categorically that the fire was only 150,000 Kelvin. Or that it wasn't. He has also proved that there were no melted quantum reinforced steel girders in the Death Star wreckage, and also that there were.

And isn't it strange that the air cover for the Death Star was gone that day - and that Grand Moff Tarkin refused to put up more air cover? Or that the son of Darth Vader is supposed to have been the one to blow it up? By hitting a two metre wide exhaust port? Come on.

If it walks like a Zentrobian spit-insect, and talks like a Zentrobian spit-insect and skewers human flesh like a Zentrobian spit-insect, then I smell a coverup. Possibly having something to do with the planet Zentrobia.

Checkmate!

DS Troof now!

23. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member