For Sith only: why did the Death Star blow up?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by GeoffP, May 3, 2007.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

There's a lot of unresolved questions about the destruction of the Death Star. How was an invincible space station destroyed so easily? Who was really responsible? And who stood to gain from its destruction?

There are a number of discrepancies about the official account of the attack; answers that the Imperial administration have consistently failed to answer. The entire affair is shrouded in mystery. We, the members of Death Star Truth (DST), demand answers. We will not let the deaths of 1.2 million Imperial citizens pass without answers.

UNCOMFORTABLE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ATTACK
    ...ON THE DEATH STAR.

Was it an inside job?

1) Why were a handful of rebel fighters able to penetrate the defenses of a battle station that had the capability of destroying an entire planet and the ability to ward off several fleets of battle ships?

2) Why did Grand Moff Tarkin refuse to deploy the station’s large fleet of TIE Fighters until it was too late? Was he acting on orders from somebody to not shoot down the rebel attack force? If so, who, and why?

3) Why was the rebel pilot who supposedly destroyed the Death Star reported to be on the Death Star days, maybe hours, prior to its destruction? Why was he allowed to escape, and why were several individuals dressed in Stormtrooper uniforms seen helping him?

4) Why has there not been an investigation into allegations that Darth Vader, the second-ranking member of the Imperial Government, is in fact the father of the pilot who allegedly destroyed the Death Star?

5) Why did Lord Vader decide to break all protocols and personally pilot a lightly armored TIE Fighter? Conveniently, this placed Lord Vader outside of the Death Star when it was destroyed, where he was also conveniently able to escape from a large-sized rebel fleet that had just routed the Imperial forces. Why would Lord Vader, one of the highest ranking members of the Imperial Government, suddenly decide to fly away from the Death Star in the middle of a battle? Did he know something that the rest of the Imperial Navy didn’t?

6) How could any pilot shoot a missile into a 2 meter-wide exhaust port, let alone a pilot with no formal training, whose only claim to fame was his ability to “bullseye womprats” on Tatooine? This shot, according to one pilot, would be “impossible, even for a computer.” Yet, according to additional evidence, the pilot who allegedly fired the missile turned off his targeting computer when he was supposedly firing the shot that destroyed the Death Star. Why have these discrepancies never been investigated, let alone explained?

7) Why has their been no investigation into evidence that the droids who provided the rebels with the Death Star plans were once owned by none other than Lord Vader himself, and were found, conveniently, by the pilot who destroyed the Death Star, and who is also believed to be Lord Vader’s son? Evidence also shows that the droids were brought to one Ben Kenobi, who, records indicate, was Darth Vader’s teacher many years earlier! Are all these personal connections between the conspirators and a key figure in the Imperial government supposed to be coincidences?

8) How could a single missile destroy a battle station the size of a moon? No records, anywhere, show that any battle station or capital ship has ever been destroyed by a single missile. Furthermore, analysis of the tape of the last moments of the Death Star show numerous small explosions along its surface, prior to it exploding completely! Why does all evidence indicate that strategically placed explosives, not a single missile, is what destroyed the Death Star?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

The deah star blew up simply because of the Galactic empires wish to have an excuse to build another one and blow every planet except corusant up.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi geoff,

I hope all is going well wit you.

the answer to your question is:

The will of the force

~~~~~~~~~~
    Take it ez
    zak

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vega Banned Banned

Poor management!

8. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

And that of course mr Vega

gross mis-management and incomptenece on a scale even bigger than GWB and 9-11

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

1 reason:

george lucas is a plot stealing hack.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Although tactical awareness and ability of smalll insurgent groups is not undocumented (http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=21478) the question how an entire defense system could be penetrated by some slackers is one of utmost importance. And I do not see why people responded with oneliners and sometimes even a hint of ridicule. Of course the Deathstar was not quite finished and was build by American contractors, but still.

There are only two answers possible. He was bribed (unlikely) or the orders came from above.

Don't forget to mention that Darth Vader, the second ranking commander, had alleged blood ties to several members of the rebel insurgent forces.

Since there never has been a DNA test and Luke skywalker is known to be on the emotional side it remains a possibility that Luke was made to believe he was the son of a hero of the republic. Was Darth Vader an agent from the axis of evil? The third party in this conflict. Was this man in fact pulling off the perfect con?

Once again, Darth Vader is at the center of the mystery. Let me ask you; who benefited from the demise of the death star the most? Some small insurgent forces led by alleged family members of darth vader? Or the axis of evil?

They can't!

You are on the right track but still not seeing the big picture! Who profited most from the destruction of the death star?

I would say unless someone had the ability to defy the laws of physics the deathstar couldn't have been destroyed by a single missile. A typical missile explodes generating a plasma field of 1000 degrees celsius. How could that melt a generator that is build to withstand 50,000 degrees???????

11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I reckon it was probably shoddily-built in the first place. It was probably put together by Indians.

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

A screw was loose in section 54, level 6, subjunction 23A, panel 783F4.

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Whoops.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I think the phrase "loose screws" is apt here. It also reminds me of a documentary about something.

15. Sputnik Banned Banned

Checked out the coordinates , it said : Nickelodeons brain .......:m:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Question : how did this end up in politics ??

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

When I first saw this thread, I thought, "What the hell is this doing in politics?" But now that I've read it, it was freakin' hilarious! Great satire.

17. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

Easy? You try hitting a two-meter wide target with a proton torpedo while going 400 m·s^2

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

But that's just it: it's impossible. He couldn't have done it.

Conspiracy!

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Not impossible, highly improbable.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

If you prefer to believe in the official line and its ridiculously unlikely statements, that's your affair.

I should also note that at no time in history - ever! - has steel blown up. Never.

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

This is one of my favorite threads ever. Just thought I'd give it a bump so our new members could check it out.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LMAO, This is in world politics??

23. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

How were the rebels able to actually take down the Death Star? Easy: it was a movie, not real life.

Amusing opening post though, and response by monkey-boy. Saved.

I just hope some of you here don't put Jedi down as your official religion..

- N