? for moderaters.!!!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by cluelusshusbund, Apr 2, 2009.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

What do you like about bein a moderater.???

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I used to be one. I liked contributing to the forum, giving something back, helping organize and making it a better site. Don't know if I was any good at it. It got to be alot of work, and I didn't like having to read everything as a moderator instead of a simple participant.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I like the constant complaints from people. I like constantly being accused of biased treatment.

I like having to constantly monitor and step in bitchy fights between posters, who both complain about each other while insulting the other one.

I like receiving complaints from members about the behaviour of others, when their own behaviour is no better.

I like having to constantly move idiotic stuff to the Cesspool.

I like having to delete spam from shoe salesmen every day.

I like all the threads questioning the consistency and application of the site rules.

I like dealing with those posters who are more interested in the process of posting on a forum than in actually contributing interesting content.

Being a moderator is wonderful!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

You make it sound fascinating.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I liked seeing the people getting all worked up over it.

9. Bells Staff Member

Ermm yes..

What he (James) said! ^^^

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  10. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Brilliant.

11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I thout you still was 1... i had seen the name "Spidergoat" on the ban list banin a spamer(?)... an i bet you was a good moderater... you seem even tempered wit-out ego issues.!!!

Perty funny an no dout accurate.!!!
    That sam stuff above went on in the moderated webtv groops ive been involved wit over the yrears... an ther was 2 diferent atheist groops i liked postin in... but the owners tended to get pizzed at som of the religous people an look for reasons to ban 'em... but wit those people gone the groops got borin... so in protest i started a moderated atheist/religous groop but everbody was free to say what they wanted wit-out fear of bein baned or censored... an it was wild an crazy an fun... an somtimes even serous disscuson woud occur... lol.!!!

Hmmm... i didnt know you was a moderater an i dont know if you'r coment is serous or not... but so far... i suspect that Spidergoat is the only 1 who has actualy atempted to answr my queston.!!!

What i thank i woud like about bein a moderater here is... enjoyn the pride of bein thout of as honest an fare in my duties.!!!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, agreed! :bravo:

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats mostly irrelevant here.

Just support/oppose whatever the admins support/oppose and you can be as dishonest/biased as you like.

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well thats perty much the way of the world... but it can be refreshin to take a brake from it ever now an then.!!!

15. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

..... Actually, I believe him.

16. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

I am not a mod in this forum, but once I had chance to moderate a football forum. I enjoyed being able to see all people' IP addresses, to access the mod-only secret forum and gossiping particular members, and stuffs like that

17. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well yes i can see that... but even so those duties woud prolly get old after a while.???

Well yes that woud be a bigger thrill for som mor than others... the rest of us forfill such needs as bes we can publicaly or in PM's... lol.!!!

18. Bells Staff Member

:bugeye:

*Groan*

I wouldn't even know where to begin.

19. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well give it a shot... you mite actualiy have som interestin thouts.???

20. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

It might have been, once. As it is, it's a little like watching a political campaign and wondering why the outcome in a year or two never measured up to the rhetoric.

21. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

I believe you, too.