For Gustav - Metaphysics of Consciousness and Universe

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Reiku, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sniffy Banned Banned

Wrong on the first count. I would never steal another's identity nor even create a sock puppet here or anywhere else. I have one identity and one only. So think again.

Right on the second count. I am indeed a very sad individual. There feel better now?

Call not the kettle black, especially if you are a pot.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

A trolls way to avoid science.

You came here to cause problems. You have no intentions to solve them.

POT. KETTLE. BLACK.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sniffy Banned Banned

What you post is not science is my belief. The anthropic principle is not science is my opinion. You post opinions not science. That is my observation.

Science I embrace.

Planck.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

''What you post is not science is my belief. The anthropic principle is not science is my opinion''.

Hawkings is a scientist, and he supports the AP... so stop waisting my time, or i will have to reduce to making a complaint.

8. sniffy Banned Banned

Go on Reiku get me banned why don't you?

Hawkings is a scientist? Really? Does he support AP?
    'The human race is just a chemical scum on a moderate-sized planet'. Wasn't that him?

9. Reiku Banned Banned

I don't want to get you banned. This is the difference between me and you.

You told me too piss off on the Spurioforums. Have i placed you the same disrespect?

Troll any more, and i will have to make a complaint.

10. Reiku Banned Banned

''Hawkings is a scientist? Really? Does he support AP?''

Yes... even Ben will admit this.

11. sniffy Banned Banned

Reiku. Everyone tells everyone to piss off on *the other forum* and worse. That's what it's for. You can even say the 'c' word. And nobody gets banned, ever.

Puts serious face on. Make a complaint I'm not trolling I'm countering what you say. If you don't want to be contradicted don't post. Please Reiku, don't post!

I'm out.

12. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

You mean at what point naive realism as a theory of perception breaks down?

When dealing with other naive realists: When both parties (both naive realists) claim "reality is the way I see it" - yet they see they have irreconcilably different positions on what this "reality" is. Obviously, something is wrong.

However, commonly, naive realists start calling each other names at this point, such as "You are stupid!", "You liar!" in order to disqualify the other person's different view and to protect one's own.

13. sniffy Banned Banned

I'm back in.

Oh come on green! When two naive realists meet....they start calling each other 'liar' and 'stupid'??
    What you describe is a disagreement on sci.
    oh i get it....

14. Reiku Banned Banned

''Make a complaint I'm not trolling I'm countering what you say''

Keep dreaming... nothing you have said has made any sense so far; I'm waiting for the golden turn in you. Admit where you are wrong, then perhaps this intelligent community can be......................Intelligent about this.

15. sniffy Banned Banned

Wrong? Often but not in this matter.

16. Gustav Banned Banned

thats way too stilted
    you do me yet another disservice
    first was to rain on my parade
    second was to to misinterpret my position on the independence of an external reality

why you do this i do not know
    it is not important tho
    you will pay
    dearly
    i promise

now
    myles had to retract his accusation
    he yet remains here
    no shame. neither dignity
    that is good
    he will be skinned alive

now
    me....

lets play, noobs
    rock and roll

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Myles Registered Senior Member

Hi Gustav,

I thought we had a gentleman's agreement about language. Rather than skin me alive would you consider flaying me ?

18. Gustav Banned Banned

i am here to put a philosophical spin on reiku's shit. to examine the underlying logic and semantics. i may not be a geistkeisel or a baumgarten but i shall try. this particular endeavor will probably be a learning experience. do not distract.

constructive criticism
    get a handle on the phrase
    that is the only kind of criticism i will tolerate

you all have been fucking warned

now
    myles
    despite the troll, you had a legit concern. resolve it......umm...like a gentleman, please

19. Gustav Banned Banned

if this thread persists, i envision an endgame where qm makes a mockery of my pathetic attempts at logic and whatnot

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Reiku Banned Banned

Philosophy and science aren't enemies my friend, apart for those who wish it to be.

21. Gustav Banned Banned

i find this ......

Abstract: Is the science of Quantum Mechanics the greatest threat to Christianity? Some years ago the journal Christianity Today suggested precisely that. It is true that QM is a daunting subject. This barrier is largely responsible for the fear. But when the veil is torn away, the study of QM builds a remarkably robust Christian apologetic. When pragmatic & logically invalid interpretations are removed, there remain four possibilities for the nature of reality (based on the work of philosopher Henry Stapp). Additional analysis shows two are exclusive to theism. The third can be formulated with or without God. The last is consistent only with atheism. By considering additional criteria, options that deny God can be shown to be false.

what say you?

22. Myles Registered Senior Member

23. Reiku Banned Banned

And Einstein said, ''All misunderstandings of religion and science have all sprung from deadly errors.''

Is what he said.

Christians will allways hate the path of science, because it defies and contradicts the Bible. But science loves philosophy, because it inspires them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.