For God to condemn you just to die for you is ridiculous and immoral.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

For God to condemn you just to die for you is ridiculous and immoral.

In doing so, God would be endorsing human sacrifice and the notion that punishing the innocent instead of the guilty is good justice. He would also be condoning suicide.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psalm 49:7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Substitutionary atonement is immoral according to scriptures and all other holy books that I know of. I think that the guilty should be punished and not an innocent human or even a man being ridden like a mule, ---- to use common jargon, --- by a God/Jesus. This is likely the moral reason why most Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah along with the fact that Jesus did not fulfill the other Jewish requirements set by their books and myths.

People are supposed to martyr themselves for their God, not their God martyr himself for them.

Do you agree that for God to condemn you just to die for you is ridiculous and immoral?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqP_fjBkwxc&feature=related

If you believe that substitutionary atonement is moral, please provide an argument to support your position.

===============================================

There are also ample quotes in scripture that speak against God wanting any sacrifice at all and if you embrace the notion of innocent blood atonement and God setting Jesus as the ransom for sins, then please view these for the real biblical perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoHP-f-_F9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ott15j2KwQ&feature=related

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I think the whole notion of redemption thru blood sacifice is a cruel vestige of religion's past barbarism. Back then they used to think blood had magical powers and could be sprinkled on things to make them morally pure again. Not only is killing animals or humans to make others innocent barbaric it is by all standards of 21st century law just plain unjust. No court on earth would punish an innocent man in order to let the criminal off scott free. That'd be ridiculous. And why people would attribute such a nonsensical system of justice to a God is beyond me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

It is also beyond me and that is why I pose the issue.

I can see it if believers do not care about morals and are just concerned with saving the souls that their God has condemned but that would be evil and they supposedly believe that evil souls do not get into heaven so I am left to wonder why they would follow such a weird and immoral policy of trying to profit from the murder of an innocent man.

Perhaps a theist will be good enough to inform us.

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.