For Genesis Deluge Doubters

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Apr 16, 2007.

1. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

IAC, what magical force caused animals from all over the world (raptors, T-Rex's, brachisaurus's, etc.) to suddenly walk thousands of miles to Noah's ark, and how did they know where to go?

Also, what did the carnivores eat? You know, those young juvenile raptors, T-Rex's, tigers, etc. needed a lot of yummy herbivores to survive for 6 months on the ark and for a lifetime post-ark.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Many syngameons of fish have adapted to varying degrees of salinity, and there were many degrees of salinity in the Deluge water, so no problem.

Moses lived when the Ice Age ended, about 900 years after the Deluge, he led the Hebrews out of Egypt when it was drying up and the world ocean was rising to consume the coastal cities.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Who said they traveled thousands of miles?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

LOL. Okay. Let's assume all the animals were within a radius of about 100 miles.

IAC, what magical force caused animals from all over the world (raptors, T-Rex's, brachisaurus's, etc.) to suddenly walk 100 miles to Noah's ark, and how did they know where to go?

Also, what did the carnivores eat? You know, those young juvenile raptors, T-Rex's, tigers, etc. needed a lot of yummy herbivores to survive for 6 months on the ark and for a lifetime post-ark.

Let me add a third. How long did it take for 1 million animal species to develop out of 20,000 "kinds"?

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Who knows?

Provisions.

9. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

See, the problem with "provisions" is that suddenly fitting the 40,000 animals on the ark, plus the huge amounts of provisions needed for almost a year on the ark poses a major problem for your theory.

Why didn't you answer the first or third questions?

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The animals fit into less the half of the Ark's volume.

Great diversity within the various syngameons was achieved within several generations, in isolated breeding groups in disparate new ecological niches.

11. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

:roflmao: Spoken by somebody who has obviously never tried to keep fish! Adaptation of this magnitude would require many generations.

So, Noah was a carpenter, loin-tamer, aquaculturist, and biochemist (after all he would have needed anti-venom) was he?

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Who says he got snake bit?

13. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Why don't you start another thread, that's way off topic.

14. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Not just snakes... spiders too! Well, how could he take that chance that he wouldn't be? He would have had to have been able to remedy the situation otherwise all of the animals would have died...

15. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Please stay on topic.

16. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Noahs in YOUR deluge hypothesis not mine.

17. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

That's if you pile them one on top of the other in non-livable conditions. Either way, the amount of food needed to feed these 40,000 animals would have fit into possibly 2 or 3 arks.

Why don't we see many new species being formed today?

18. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Translation = "I have no answer."

19. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

I gotta go, my tea is ready, but I'm quite enjoying this absurdity... so I'll be back.

20. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Nope, he doesn't. And we're just at the tip of the iceburg...

21. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

We don't see anymore "species," which are actually syngameon variants, developing today because the isolated breeding groups were just that, so some of the respective lineages within isolated breeding groups died out in the new ecological niches, and others had characteristics suited for the respective niches.

22. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

The ark's alleged size:

450 ft X 75 ft X 45 ft = 1,518,750 cubic feet in volume = 43,006,211 liters in volume

Now, there were supposedly 40,000 animals on board.
    According to IAC, these 40,000 animals took up half of the arks volume, which leaves us with 21,503,106 liters of free space.

So Noah had to use the 21,503,106 liters of free space for FOOD and WATER.

The average dog needs an ounce of water per pound of bodyweight daily to be healthy. Assuming the Dog Syngameon weighed 80 pounds each, they would need 2.4 liters of water a day. We will also assume that the average water requirement of every animal was 2.4 liters. We know that the animals were supposedly on the ark for about 250 days (I'm guessing).

250 days X 40,000 animals X 2.4 liters per day = 24,000,000 liters of water per day needed for all the animals to survive on the ark.

UH OH!!! We have a slight problem here. We only have 21 Million liters of free space, yet we need 24,000,000 liters of water. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

And we haven't even gotten to food yet!!!

23. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Great book: "Noah's Ark: a Feasibility Study."