Foley's Follies

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Sep 30, 2006.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I think the majority of Salem's citizenry thought the exact same thing when they hanged and burned all the witches, huh?

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Wiretapping is indeed allowed if sufficient reason is found to issue a warrant.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Something your Government is quite good at Baron.

Ah but this is a tad different isn't it? Foley is not everyone's neighbour in Florida. He was their representative in Congress. He was placed there because the people in Florida who voted for him did so out of trust. The parents who sent their children to be pages in Congress did so thinking and assuming that their children would not be subject to someone like Foley.

Do you honestly think that Foley sending emails and phone text messages of a sexual nature to teenage boys is not really that 'inappropriate'? Or that only a few in the public would deem it so? Even he has admitted to doing it. Your own President has exclaimed his displeasure and disgust at his behaviour. Weren't you the one to say that you'd follow and accept all that your President said? If it was even remotely possible, it seems that he's showing a bit more sense than you are at this very moment. Lets just say that you'd sent your teenage son to be a page in Congress and then when he comes home, you find a message from a middle aged man on your son's phone asking him to take off his shorts and saying to your son that he (your son) is making him (middle aged man) horny. You would not be disturbed by that? You wouldn't want to know what the hell happened there? What if your teenage son came to you and said that someone like Foley had made sexual advances towards him, you wouldn't report him to the police? Or would you consider that a witch hunt and ignore your son's coming to you for help?

There are reasons why your country has child protection laws Baron. It's to protect them from people like Foley.

Yes. Akin to what Bush ran on in regards to hunting down terrorists, isn't it?

You seem to forget that Foley has admitted to doing it. He's resigned over it.

Ermm ok. I take it you missed the part where the accusation was made and he admitted to having done it? And after his admittance or even if he didn't, you would prefer if the police did not investigate further to see just how far or how bad he actually got? If you don't think his behaviour is inappropriate then you have some issues Baron, because even Foley appears to be embarrassed enough by behaviour he himself has deemed to be pretty bad and has gone into hiding in a rehab centre.

The investigation is still ongoing Baron. And I suspect it will get much uglier than it already is. You may be right and you might be wrong. Time will tell. He might just get away with it or face charges for lewd conduct of some sort, which will probably result in a fine. But then again, Foley knew the law and knew just how far he could go to just avoid such charges. However..

Hmmm.. it seems he might have made an 'oopsy' there. I'd be willing to bet that he was not be driving 'a few miles' to give the 'hot stud' an ice-cream. I mean honestly, what kind of sick perverted hack sends emails like that to a child? It goes beyond being 'inappropriate'.

Was I? I thought I was being kind. To me personally, he's a sexual predator. His prey were young boys who were at the time away from their family and therefore more vulnerable. He sometimes continued the emails and messages even after they went home. It may very well be that his sexual advances did not go beyond what we already know of. But I guess differ from you. I think all sexual predators, especially those who prey on children, should be crucified.

You know that how? The investigation into his behaviour is still ongoing, yet you already know how the court will rule? Interesting.

Ermm he helped that along by not only doing what he did, but then admitting to it. I feel really bad for his family. They don't deserve the treatment they are getting. But Foley bought that on his own family and for that, he's a bigger arse. Family's of sexual predators are often victims as well.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

What the f*ck is a “liberal” or a “conservative”? Everyone holds some ideas that can considered conservative by some and yet those same ideas will be considered liberal by others. These labels are just an excuse not to have to think.

what does this mean?

So homosexuals that are of the Democratic party are somehow the same as terrorists?
    What about homosexuals that are in the Republican party?

The irony is most fundamental religious people who are persuaded to commit and act of violence against the USA would agree with many of the far right views within the Republican party.

Lastly, I think you will find many of our fellow citizens within the Florida Republican party, normally considered “conservative” would have voted Foley out of office. He did the right thing and resigned – as should the people who covered up for his predatory behavior. If it comes to light that he did have sex with children they may find themselves in jail along with him – as our Laws dictate should be the case.

8. John99 Banned Banned

Heard about Houston? Heard about Detroit?
    Heard about Pittsburgh, PA?
    You oughta know not to stand by the window
    somebody might see you up there
    I got some groceries, some peanut butter
    to last a couple of days

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Well then, maybe the grooming behavior itself is unlawful.

If that is the case then certainly any fellow Republican, Democratic or Independent congressmen or women who covered up for Foley should at the minimum resign and perhaps even be charged and investigated for culpability?

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I don’t want to see witch hunts either. There are many many laws that I do not agree with. Many on the list I quickly made. In most cases I feel adults should be able to have a good amount of control over their own lives with as little interference from others as possible. Especially when it comes to relationships between two adults.

That said, we are a nation of Laws. That’s the way it is and forever will be.

While I don’t condone sticking my nose into other peoples business - if I knew of a child molester within my neighborhood who was preying on children you better bet I would get to turning that bastard in right quickly. But that’s just me and I think that such behavior is seriously depraved - one of the most heinous.

Now then, if I knew of someone growing pot and smoking it, even around their kids, I wouldn’t give two flying f*cks because I personally don’t find that behavior is very terrible - even while being unlawful. In that case I would "mind my own".

Really, this is the way all societies work.

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I did not say that Foley should be hanged.
    I am for due justice.
    If he was found to have broken the law then the justice system will deal with that as it should if not then such is the life of a politicaian. The representatives that serve us understand that they are under scrutiny for their behavior in office – especially if it may have been outside of the Law. And so far that is all that is happening – scrutinizing of the Senators behavior.

It has and always will be such.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I think fucking, unless specifically to produce a baby, is inappropriate!

I'm just not so sure that it's inappropriate to write suggestive emails. That seems far less inappropriate than fucking for purely pleasurable reasons, don't it?

I just see this whole thing as a fuckin' witch hunt and, worse, a politically motivated act for purely political reasons. I.e., if it hadn't been an election year, this probably wouldn't have been such a sensationalist issue.

But all-in-all, I'd just like to see the actual law that forbids "inappropriate behavior". My guess is that it's a very, very long, very involved law!

Baron Max

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It's really interesting, and tells me a lot, when you can put those two sentences together within the very same post.

What you've done is made the law nothing except for your own personal preferences and ideals. "The law is the law ....unless it's a law that I don't like." What does that say about you, Michael? And more to the point, what does it say about this Foley Witch Hunt that's going on?

Foley has never been convicted of child molestation! Don't get your wires crossed any more than they already are, Michael!

Baron Max

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Michael, I never doubted they wouldn't, and I have no objection to them doing so if Foley hadn't resigned, what I am getting the red ass about is the fact that the Democrats don't punish their own perverts, and then try to control who is the lead of our party, with a smear campaign, have you heard them denounce what Foley did or have they focused their attention in trying to run Rep. J. Dennis Hastert, out of his leadership position in our party, and let look at what the Democrat leadership supports, and then we are suppose to trust them on this subject?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1713550/posts

Top 10 Democrat Sex Scandals in Congress
    Human Events ^ | 10/04/2006 | staff

Posted on 10/04/2006 9:09:02 AM PDT by GoBucks2002

Information compiled from the Washington Post, “Congressional Sex Scandals in History,” and other sources.

10. Sen. Daniel Inouye. The 82-year-old Hawaii Democrat was accused in the 1990s by numerous women of sexual harassment. Democrats cast doubt on the allegations and the Senate Ethics Committee dropped its investigation.

9. Former Rep. Gus Savage. The Illinois Democrat was accused of fondling a Peace Corps volunteer in 1989 while on a trip to Africa. The House Ethics Committee decided against disciplinary action in 1990.

8. Rep. Barney Frank. The outspoken Massachusetts Democrat hired a male prostitute who ran a prostitution service from Frank’s residence in the 1980s. Only two Democrats in the House of Representatives voted to censure him in 1990.

7. Former Sen. Brock Adams. The late Washington Democrat was forced to stop campaigning after numerous accusations of drugging, assault and rape, the first surfacing in 1988.

6. Former Rep. Fred Richmond. This New York Democrat was arrested in 1978 for soliciting sex from a 16-year-old. He remained in Congress and won re-election—before eventually resigning in 1982 after pleading guilty to tax evasion and drug possession.

5. Former Rep. John Young. The late Texas Democrat increased the salary of a staffer after she gave in to his sexual advances. The congressman won re-election in 1976 but lost two years later.

4. Former Rep. Wayne Hays. The late Ohio Democrat hired an unqualified secretary reportedly for sexual acts. Although he resigned from Congress, the Democratic House leadership stalled in removing him from the Administration Committee in 1976.

3. Former Rep. Gerry Studds. He was censured for sexual relationship with underage male page in 1983. Massachusetts voters returned him to office for six more terms.

2. Former Rep. Mel Reynolds. The Illinois Democrat was convicted of 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16-year-old. President Bill Clinton pardoned him before leaving office.

1. Sen. Teddy Kennedy. The liberal Massachusetts senator testified in defense of nephew accused of rape, invoking his family history to win over the jury in 1991.

15. Bells Staff Member

Ermm ok.

Let me get this straight. You think it is inappropriate for, as an example, two consenting adults having sex for pleasure, but you aren't sure if it is inappropriate for an adult man, like Foley, to send sexually suggestive and explicit emails and text messages to teenage boys? Lets just be clear on this Baron.. This was not sexual messages exchanged between two consenting adults. This was an adult man, Foley, sending these messages to teenage boys.

Election year or not, it's better he is out of office and out of a position of power. Surely you are not happy keeping him there are you? Oh wait, I forget. You aren't sure if his behaviour is inappropriate or not.

Did you know it was illegal for an adult to attempt to lure or solicit a child? Therefore his emailing a child and telling them to come and meet him at, saying he'd be happy to drive there so he could see the 'hot stud', could be construed as being an illegal act and as going far beyond what is deemed to be inappropriate. What you seem to not realise is that his actions go far beyond being merely inappropriate.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, exactly. You done real good interpreting my words ...some people don't do too pretty good like you.

You've brought up two different, unrelated issues now. Bells, if it were up to me, all politicians would be stood up before a big blank wall and shot by firing squads with big machine guns! And to add to that, anyone even thinking of becoming a politician would also be shot ....just for thinking of it!

Foley's behavior? The other issue? No, I don't know, I don't like it, but I'm much more concerned about us all defining "inappropriate" behavior that it scares me a lot more than a few suggestive emails. And I can't understand why it don't worry y'all, too???? Who decides what's "inappropriate"? Don't that worry y'all?

No, I did not!!?? And i have to assume that's "with the intent to...", right? Now may I ask how one proves something like that?

Well, apparently not, 'cause as of the evening news, the Justice Dept and the FBI still ain't figured out if he's commited a crime yet. So if you're so sure, and you know, perhaps you outhta' call the FBI, huh?

Baron Max

17. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Jaywalking is against the Law, riding a bike without a helmet is against the Law - however you and I will probably not inform on our neighbors for such indiscretions will we???

YET if there were a Child Predator in the neighborhood seen grooming teenage boys in hopes of getting his cock sucked – then YES you and I will go to the Police.

Agreed?

Michael

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

All of those people should have resigned regardless of political affiliation.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Sure, but ....what's that got to do with Foley? He's never been convicted of child molestation, therefore, he ain't no "child predator"?

As to your scenario, how can you tell a "child predator" from a regular person? And how can you tell that he's "grooming" a child and not just enjoying the child's company for fun? And how can you tell that he wants to get his cock sucked?

Michael, you've just got to stop and think, and think hard, before you post such things. Think about this issue with your brains and not your emotions. Think about the possible consequesnce of what you want to do, before you do them or suggest them. Think!

Baron Max

20. Genji Registered Senior Member

Just WAIT till the stories of his raping little boys comes out. Foley plays Michael Jackson and Party of God (GOP) Defends Him---details at 10

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Michael, yes Michael, they should have and since they did not their party should have cut them off from party funds removed them from their comity chairs, and not ever promoted them, but that is exactlywhat the Democrats didn't do, so where is their mandate, when you look at their past record on the subject. They are the ones who keep lowering the standard, by defining deviancy down, and justifying everything as normal behavior.

22. Genji Registered Senior Member

But YOUR man is in the hotseat, not Bill Clinton or a Democrat. A REPUBLICAN is the subject. Sorry, but it's true. Foley is a Republican pervert. How can you defend his conduct?

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Genji ????????????????