Foley's Follies

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Sep 30, 2006.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Isn't it interesting that some of the same people who are fight, demanding, that the terrorists at Gitmo be afforded legal rights and "human rights", while at the same time denigrating Senator Foley without giving him those same legal rights under the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?

Isn't that something that we might term ....hippo-critical ....of y'all?

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm not taking away anyone's rights. I never demanded that he be taken away with no trial and tortured for information that could be used against him by a judge who he never sees.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, Spider, you and people just like you have obviously "put him on trial" and judged him without even knowing for sure what happened or when. And even now that we know a bit more, the FBI and the Justice Dept can't even figure out whether he even commited a crime. Public pressure (judgement without trial!) has forced him to resign, yet people are still after him and the republicans in congress ....and we don't even know whether he commited a crime!

No, you didn't take away his rights ....just like bullies on the school yard don't take away any of their victim's rights.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Genji Registered Senior Member

IMAGINE a prominent DEMOCRAT caught in this same scandal! I sense Der Baron would be in attack mode and demand his execution!

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

He has not denied that he wrote those messages, and it wasn't the first time. I don't know if he committed a crime, either, but it's still very wrong. It's certainly immoral. It wasn't public pressure that forced him to resign, he admitted he has a problem.

Public attitudes are something very different from our legal rights.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Ain't got nothin' to do with republican or democrat, Genji, .....just answer the points I made instead of resorting to personal attacks, if you please.

Baron Max

10. Genji Registered Senior Member

You say Foley is being unjustly crucified. I say you would be on Attack Mode if Nancy Pelosi were discovered to have a taste for 16 year old boys, whether tried or not.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Very wrong? Why? And by what standards?

Immoral? What did he write in those emails? And is anything written in an email immoral?

Yeah, public pressure is pretty powerful ....and seems to be determining the course of our nation ...which scares the fuck outta' me! Who ever screams the loudest and longest gets to determine the policies of the nation? Wow!

Baron Max

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Who's Nancy Pelosi??

Or is this just another personal attack against me?? ...'cause you ain't got nothing of substance to say or discuss?

Baron Max

13. Genji Registered Senior Member

I'll rephrase

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Say a prominent Democrat were discovered to have homo lust for children? The tighty righties here would be in attack mode. But because Foley is a Republican homo child predator alcoholic he deserves the benefit of the doubt and a fair trial.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Lust is not against any law that I know.

What crime did he commit? And if he didn't commit a crime, then why are you so ready to condemn him? ...just for writing a few emails to someone underage? ...even if they might have been something that you don't like or approve?

Baron Max

15. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

This story has been repudiated.

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

No Republican is defending this "homo child predator alcoholic". He's a scumbag. Couldn't he find any homo's over eighteen to send perverted instant messages to.

How old are you, Genji? Have you looked into the congressional page program?

17. Genji Registered Senior Member

I agree with the first part: If he were lusty for 16 year old girls there would be chuckles and playful backslapping by his colleagues. Gay men lust for youth the same way so if an overweight, pasty conservative admires the beauty of a teen boy he must resign. That comes from the God Squad that runs and finances the Republican Party. Her constituents hate fags so he committed political suicide by belonging to the Party of God.

2nd Part: If his actions are a-o-k then why the uproar within the Party of God? (GOP) Why did he resign?

18. Genji Registered Senior Member

Tempting indeed!

But I'm not a rightwing moral crusader like Foley was. I'm not representing a rightwing Christian conservative constituency either. The credibility of the US government isn't on my back either. I'd just have a few male pages wash my car in thongs or something.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, I'm not defending him exactly, but don't we have laws and rules by which we live in this nation? I mean, I'm still trying to find out what law he violated, and what punishment has been designated according to law. I think the FBI and the Justice Dept are trying to figure that out, too.

As I see it from my viewpoint, he's been publically crucified for writing a sexually suggestive email to an underage boy ....but is it a crime? And if it ain't a crime, then.....? Are we now to "crucify" everyone and anyone who writes "dirty, suggestive" emails to people?

In another thread, people are screaming bloody murder that the prisoners of Gitmo are not being afforded their legal rights .....yet here we are publically crucifying a person and NOT giving him his legal rights under the law.

What's the deal? Is it worse to write sexy emails than it is to kill 3,000 people in the Twin Towers and blow up innocnet people all over the world? How does that work exactly? I'm confused.

Baron Max

20. Genji Registered Senior Member

Foley is a VICTIM!

Being CRUCIFIED for legally sexually harassing teenage boys working for government representatives. He should be assigned MORE pages. After all he isn't a terrorist!

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Now, wouldn't that be worse than dirty email? Even if it wasn't, it might lead to something that was. But then, as a leftist, the media would give you a pass.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It's interesting ...it seems that the media can make people do and say most anything that they want just by making headlines. People seem to follow the lead of the newspapers and news media, and they seem to think that the media can do no wrong!

Maybe we should let the news media run the nations of the world, huh? I mean, they know everything, they understand "good n' bad", "right n' wrong", "moral n' immoral", etc. Let's appoint the news media as our leaders!

Baron Max

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Actually if the victim complains, I do believe it falls under sexual harassment.

Do you think he will be arrested if the boy files charges?