Foley's Follies

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Sep 30, 2006.

1. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

My fav was ABC's one handed typing. Thanks for the links

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

One of the main reasons this should not be made into a political issue is that the victims are children. This kind of behaviour is not solely in a political domain but can and does occur everywhere. Arrest the individual and those who knew of it and said or did nothing, not because they are politicians but because they sat back and did nothing knowing that the victims were children.

Oh really? Well pot.. kettle.. black Baron. You are usually not only insulting and threatening at times, but you are also down right rude all the time. You just do not like it when it is aimed back at you. If you can't take it, then do not dish it out. If you cannot answer a question or a statement, just admit it. Not everyone will bow down to you and just accept what you say, like you seem to do with your Government and your President. Your words and your views do make you a sheep.. because you just accept and never question or disagree with whatever your President or your Government does.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Is that "prosecuted" as in tried in a court of law?

Or do you mean "persecuted" as in a public vigilante action to cause harm, to harrass or to cause personal ruin?

If I'm not mistaken, in order to "prosecute", there must have been an existing legal statute in place prior to the alleged action. What crime did they commit? And as late as the Friday evening news, no one seems to know what crime Foley committed, much less the crimes of others.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Nice to see you strong on law and order. Keep up the good work.

I am confused, perhaps with faulty memory, but were you not on the “anarchy is good” side a while back?

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You have nothing useful to say, Billy?

Baron Max

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

An article by William F. Buckley for the Universal Press Syndicate:

"Everybody wants Mr. Foley out of sight for ...unseemliness. We just don't like this kind of thing. But if there were really a national uproar against the corruption of minors, Mr. Foley would be entirely incidental to such a campaign. We are mad at him for doing what he did, but we aren't really all that mad at the thing being done. If we were bent on prohibiting the corruption of minors, half the magazine stands in the US would be closed down by midnight."

And I have to agree. We're just ranting, but without any intention of actually doing anything about the very thing about which we rant. We're just going through the motions because it's in the headlines or on the newscasts.

If we really didn't want sexual predators to prey on minors, then we'd hunt them down relentlessly and kill them or get rid of them from our society. But we don't do it. Instead, as is often the case, we arrest them and sometimes try them, but most often, usually at the insistence of the doo-gooder liberals, we let them right back out on the streets to do it all again to some other minor.

No, Buckley's right ...we don't really care. We're just following the crowd that rants at the nearest thing to rant at. Tomorrow, we'll just find something else to rant about, and the Foley issue will all be forgotten.

Baron Max

10. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

OK, I'll try:
    You need to learn how to accept a compliment. I like you, but as we usually disagree, you will not get many from me.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Is that better, or still useless?

11. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

If Foley were any ol' regular person, I would agree with what that guy said. However, Foley is head of the friggin' group for abused and exploited children and THAT's what makes it absolutely disgusting.

I personally don't care if adults have relationships with minors, assuming they're not 5 years old or anything like that. 14 and up is fine with me as that's high school age. Hell, I, and many of my friends were sexually active in 6th grade.

This guy Foley is in a unique position in that he's the one supposedly trying to stop all this behavior and thinks it's sick while he goes behind our backs doing the exact opposite of what he's supposed to stand for and that's just wrong.

So no, I have to disagree with what that writer said. His position is like the teachers that take advantage of their students or priests that molest their altar boys. They're the ones who try and protect children yet are the ones exploiting their trust to get what sexual needs they have while they preach out against it.

- N

12. terryoh Registered Senior Member

In any case, the Democrats better concentrate on the COVER UP issue, not the crime itself. The crime only deals with Foley himself. The cover up can possibly be disastrous for the entire Republican party, since it involves many others.

13. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

I heard that the kids responses to the sexual emails were done as a prank.

then again it was on Rush so it may not be EXACTLY fair and balanced

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So ...you don't like hippo=crits, huh? If that's true, then you must not like many people, that's all I gotta' say!

Foley didn't molest anyone. He just wrote some sexually suggestive emails and text messages (whatever those are?). So ...is writing suggestive emails bad? ..even to minors that he knew personally?

If any parent depends on someone else to protect their children, then those children are in a pretty bad situation already!!

But I think you missed Buckley's point actually. He's basically saying that we're really and truly not interested in stopping phedophiles and child molestors or we'd actually do something about it ....instead of just rant and rave whenever something happens to a kid. We'd go out, find those bastards, and then hang 'em. But we don't, do we??? Nope ...and we often let them go without even prison time. So.......do we really care? Or are we just saying it 'cause it's the thing to say?

Baron Max

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Uh, there's a HUGE difference between the average little hypocrit vs someone's total abuse of power. Putting Foley in charge of abused and exploited children is like putting Pablo Escobar in charge of the anti-drug task force or Henry Kissinger in charge of the 9/11 commission.

Tell that to the cops who've arrested numerous child predators for their online chats with kiddies.

Because taking any action against them is illegal. Aren't you one of the people that complains about vigilante justice and how people should follow the law? We can't have the loudest mob rule, no?

The real reason why people don't go out to stop those people is because of how powerless us people actually are. Hell, there's demostrations with hundreds of thousands of people all the time yet nothing changes. Sure, we can vote but that won't do a damned thing when the criminals are the politicians who can easily circumvent that.

Anyways, justice is usually served for people like that. They get put in jail, even if for a short period, but then you have the guys in those prisons make them their house bitch and soon kill em. Pedophiles are along the most hated group of people next to snitches and corrupt cops. If you're any of the three and are in prison, you better become religious and start praying to god to protect your ass.

- N

16. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Heh, I stumbled upon this funny pic that made me think of this thread. Can we try and impeach Bush for getting a BJ from a turkey?

- N

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Ahh, so you don't believe in equality under the law, is that it?

Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others, is that it? And you seem to agree with those "ideals".

Hmm, check the conviction records, then you'll see that it's all just a big scare tactic by the police to satisfy the bullshit politicians and the hyper-tense parents. Those people picked up (sometimes arrested?) don't even go to court, much less to prison. It's just a little game to satisfy people like you.

And yet people still keep doin' it, don't they? ...just following the crowd, just out havin' some fun with the gang, just hopin' to be shown on tv. But it don't mean shit, you're right! And it shouldn't ....or do you want a "Government by Protest" style system? Whoever yells the loudest gets to make governmental policies?

There's about 800 gazillion pedophiles in the world ....how many are there in prison? How many have been arrested? How many are convicted?

Neildo, just wait a little while ....all this will blow over and the nice little pedophiles will be back on the streets and on the Internet in the same or greater numbers. And that's obviously what the people really want ....or they'd do something about it.

Baron Max

18. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Reality is that everyone isn't equal. Hell, just look at politicians in general. A scandal comes their way and they keep their jobs making tons of money, or they get displaced elsewhere making the same amount of money holding the same kind of power. Foley won't serve jail time whereas the common man would be there in a heartbeat.

Sorry, but you gotta try harder trying to push that equality agenda on us when even yourself know how full of shit it is. Equality just flat out doesn't exist nor ever will. Freedom in America is all about what you can afford. We literally have the best politicians that money can buy.

- N

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What law did he violate? I'm still trying to figure that out ....and the FBI ain't figured it out yet, either.

Are you stating a fact or complaining or both?

Baron Max

20. Bells Staff Member

I think Karen Tumulty from Time put it best..

Ironic isn't it. They learnt of this so long ago and they did not even remove him from his seat on the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children, which deals exactly with what he is now being investigated for. Even if Foley gets away with it and is not charged, people will not forget what the party and he have done easily. Foley has been discovered as being one to prey on people's children and his party, when finding out about it, did nothing. Instead they tried to carry on as though nothing was wrong, when there was at least one thing fundamentally wrong, that they could ignore that a member of their own was sexually cybering children who worked in Congress as pages. So much for their push on family values and their self appointed righteousness.

21. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I do not expect all to agree with me that whatever Folie and consenting adults want to do with their sex organs and orifices is OK, if done in private. That is clearly not the issue and perhaps nothing against the law has been done.

The issue is the cover up and the failure of the Congress, especially the leadership thereof, to act "in locus parentus" for the pages they had a duty to protect, while away they were away from home.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Charged with what? The FBI and the Justice Dept still, after all this time, can't figure out what law has been violated. And that was noted on today's evening news. So ..."gets away with it.." means .....what, exactly? What's he "getting away" with???

Fundamentally wrong? Ooh, that's a charged term, ain't it?

Is that against the law ...or is it just that some see it as "inappropriate"? And I'm wondering who makes that decision ...should it be something like what occured in Salem in the 1700 witch hunts, where anyone could make accusations, and they'd hound the "witch", then hang her? That's what it was in Salem ...deemed "inappropriate" behavior!

How does ethics come to be defined in a society? And how does "inappropriate" come to be defined in a society? What the fuck is "inappropriate", and to whom?

Is it "inappropriate" for young girls to wear revealing, sexually suggestive outfits ...showing belly skin and tit tatoos?

Is it "inappropriate" to publish magazines showing fully nude women and men in sexually-charged photo layouts?

I don't know ...I don't know how it all works, but I do know that it ain't gonna' be easy to get everyone to agree on what's "inappropriate" behavior for or about anything. What'chu think? Is it "inappropriate" for underage girls to wear sexually suggestive clothes and go to parties to give blowjobs to the boys? Those boys probaby don't think so!!

Hey, wait ....I got an idea ....let's just let Bells decide on any and all behavior, then prosecute according to how hot and pissed off she gets?!

Baron Max

PS - you lied to me, Bells ...you said that law had been enacted!

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Covering up what? That Foley wrote some odd, sexually suggestive emails? Is that a crime?

Were any pages harmed in any way? So ...protect them from what?

Baron Max