Fluoride in drinking water may be linked to diabetes

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Plazma Inferno!, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Water fluoridation prevents dental cavities, which are a costly public health concern. But despite the benefits supplemental water fluoridation remains a controversial subject. Some indicate it may cause long term health problems, but studies reporting side effects have been minimal or inconclusive. The long-term effects of ingested fluoride remain unclear.
    A recent study published in the Journal of Water and Health examined links between water fluoridation and diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is a growing epidemic in the United States. Incidence rates have nearly quadrupled in the past 32 years and show no signs of stopping. According to the study, fluoridation with sodium fluoride could be a contributing factor to diabetes rates in the United States, as the chemical is a known preservative of blood glucose.
    Researchers used mathematical models to analyze publicly available data on fluoride water levels and diabetes incidence and prevalence rates across 22 states. He also included adjustments for obesity and physical inactivity collected from national telephone surveys to help rule out confounding factors. Two sets of regression analyses suggested that supplemental water fluoridation was significantly associated with increases in diabetes between 2005 and 2010. According to the authors, one milligram increase in average county fluoride levels predicted a 0.17% increase in age-adjusted diabetes prevalence.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160817132107.htm

Study: http://jwh.iwaponline.com/content/early/2016/05/24/wh.2016.012

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

But not compensated for diet? Seriously? I don't know about fluoride but the food industry has sabotaged the health of everyone. I gave up almost all carbs and just like magic, my blood sugar issues were under control for the first time in my life. I haven't eaten bread or wheat products, potato products, pasta, sugar snacks, or most any crap food for five years now and in some ways I'm healthier than I've ever been. For the first time in my life I got my blood sugar under control.

I would bet that Big Gulps and potato chips are a far bigger problem than fluoride.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Of course. That's why I don't understand the flood of these "auto-generated" stories flooding the forum. No one is posting them due to the significance of the article. It's just volume. Post any story that seems scientific.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.