Five million criminals in USA?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by kmguru, Jun 13, 2002.

1. kmguru Staff Member

We have over 2 million criminals in jail. Every year some go in and others come out. If we count people that have been released in the last 15 years (from child molesters to rapists to thieves) they could be well over 5 million in numbers.

Now, sooner or later those who got victimized would want the name and picture of their assilant to put it on their website. We already have a precedence in case of child molesters.

What would happen if all the criminals that go to jail are exposed (the names and photo are public peroperty) and posted on the net so that you can search if your neighbor or employee was in jail?

What is the ramification long term for these ex-criminals in our society?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

You have to remember that most people in jail/prison are multiple offenders.

Probably nothing. I think its a good idea though. There would have to be limitations of course. Say I got drunk and got into a fight at a bar with a girl that called me a bitch. Should she be able to post my pic on the net saying I assaulted her? I think it would be a good idea to use for murderers and rapist/child molesters.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

no star

SOME murdereders

there are ALOT worse crimes than killing someone

after all we are ALL going to die

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Ya, like torturing someone before you kill them. I know there are alot of screwed up things, like the ones we were talking about on PM earlier. But those things can be resolved with proper counseling. You can still live a nice life, even if horrible things have happened to you. If your killed, there is no resolving, there is nothing, for you are gone.

8. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Five million? A quarter of Australia's population? Hah! Australia wins again! We have 19 million crims here!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Squid Vicious Banned Banned

That made me chuckle.

10. MISSOURI MULE Registered Member

You cannot indiscriminately post these things. The debt to society is paid....however, I do believe that there are crimes of such magnitude i.e. rapists, murderers, child molesters whose crimes warrant the careful monitering of activities to protect the welfare of the whole.

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Um ...?

Is everyone forgetting that, for years now, the majority of the population in prison serves for drug-related offenses? Despite in some states constructing prisons faster than schools, bedspace for violent offenders decreased in the 1990s for the number of possession and dealing offenders sent to prison. Let's hear it for mandatory minimums, eh?

thanx,
    Tiassa

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

Fuck mandatory minimums, let's hear it for legalization or at least decriminalization!!!

13. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

I agree Tiassa. There is way too much effort, time, money among other things, that are put into this "war on drugs" crap. Look at George Jung - what is his sentence - like 70+ years, for selling cocaine? Makes ya wonder....

14. kmguru Staff Member

Our govt. says that Jose Padilla was recruited in prison to be a terrorist. Makes you wonder....five million potential terrorists....