fitness advice, training advice, gaining muscle, strength, speed, endurance.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 11, 2007.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I have been practicing a little yoga and tai chi. I have never done any exercise in my life other than lift up remote control for tv. I do dance, and that is about it. I recently joined a fitness center where they offer the yoga and tai chi. They also have a spinning class that I try to attend. There are weights and all kinds of things I don't know how to use. I have never played any sports seriously. I don't really want to anything in which I get hit or people might hit me. Ideally, I would like to do gymnastics. I'm 150lbs 5'8". Male.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

lix, at the gym the instructors will teach you how to use all of the weights and machines, they should have made you take an induction before you even went into the weights room, 99% of gyms have a strict induction policy to teach newcomers how to train properly witht he basics, they should by law have to do it for insurance reasons,

ask them for an all over induction to the weights and machines, they will comply 100% free of charge, that does not count towards any type of personal fitness instruction wich they charge extra for,

the taiji and yoga are very good i dont know where i would be without my taiji training, but i also love my intense shaolin gong fu training just as much, they are like 2 sides to a coin, hard style and soft style. i value both equaly.

the dance and gymnastics are great all round for fitness, there was a proffessional gymnast who came into our shaolin temple, he had never fought in his life and was a complete stranger to martial combat and training, he was mocked by alot of the younger students, but me the older students and the monks could see what potential he had the second he started training with us, his form and balence were as near to perfect as you could get, within a few months he surpassed most students with his technique and form, now he is a very good fighter, one of the best actualy, he can nearly go toe 2 toe with me in a fight now,

they do not mock him anymore, gymnastics and dance are good keep at it, i am not a gymnast or dancer i have very little experience in either, but whatever training he done it sure works,

peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Where is your temple? Maybe I'll come visit.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

tufnel park in london. i will go grab our link for you now

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. its a very good place to learn shaolin, the best in the uk.

peace.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

9. Carcano Valued Senior Member

What do you make of some these high level Aikido masters who can do stuff that looks like...magic?

I once saw a demo by a ninth dan Japanese master in his sixties. He basically couldnt be moved from a relaxed standing posture.

Two very large volunteers from the audience were invited to try and lift him off the ground or push him off balance while he just stood there without resisting...and they couldnt do it???

Have you read the great book about Aikido's Founder Morihei Ueshiba by John Stevens?
    Its called 'Invincible Warrior'...one of the best books on the martial arts ever written!

The closest you'll get to a human Yoda:

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

no i have never read the book, but i have heard and seen many things simular to what you just mentioned,

many people give scientific explanations to explain things like this, like center of gravity, balence etc. but i have seen things wich are weird and i couldent seem to understand myself, and im a logical type of guy i think,

the moving thing i have heard of before, not from aikido though, but from chinese and thai origins, i have seen very big muscular powerful bodybuilder type guys not be able to throw much smaller guys, and there is one guy who can do a 1 finger hand stand, he is the only guy in the world who can still fo it, it is part of 1 finger zen training within shaolin, think he might of died recently,

but thats damn amazing to be able to actualy put your entire bodyweight on a single fingertip. many people thought he was a fake, but it is not its real, the chinese are very proud of him,

there are people who can do some very very impressive things, none of it is "magical" but it does surpass regular human ability thats for sure!.

to the regular guy these kind of people areway more advanced and evolved in my opinion,

peace.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hai_Teng <--- thats the guy.

also have you seen shaolin monks perform their feats of power and strength? like when they get spears against the throat and push down with there necks until the wooden shaft breaks, and they are real spears before anyone says otherwise, sharp too, i have used one and tested its mettle before the feat was performed because even i was skeptical and i do shaolin myself.

also has anybody seen how high a shaolin monk can jump? seriously these guys would win in the olympics for high jump hands down for real.

peace.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

http://www.beggingtodiffer.com/archives/monk.jpg

also you cannot kick a shaolin monk in the balls, because they can retract there testicles all the way into there body for battle, and i am not lying its true,

sadly i cannot perform this feat nor do i wish to

14. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Ive seen the Wheel of Life documentary on the Shaolins. Some scientists really need to look into this.

It defies scientific explanation that human flesh can resist a sharp metal blade under that kind of pressure.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

scientists already think they have proved it all as just "ordinary" human ability.

im not saying shaolin monks are "not human" or that they have magical ability. but they are not the same as regular people they are more evolved due to the training,

peace.

16. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Great thread EmptyForceOfChi.

17. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

thanks

i dont know much compared to people here but what i do know i like to share .

peace.

18. Fabio4all Registered Member

(btw, great thread idea)
    I play soccer a lot, and can kick with good accuracy and power. The problem is, I'm in 8th grade, next year I'm going up to senior high. I'll give you a bit of backround:
    our JV team? sucks. our Senior High team? almost unbeatable. Us kids from the JV team watch them all the time, and they're amazing, they can kick 10x further and with perfect accuracy, and that's barely an exaggeration. I'd really like to have an exercise plan that could beef up my legs so I'm two steps ahead of the rest of the freshmen.

19. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Basically I want to be really heavy and steroidal looking...how hard do I need to work out to look like that?

20. elsyarango Registered Member

Wouldn't doing gymnastics be better than thai chi and yoga? As long as you incorporate the breathing and meditations, I think gymnastics would give you strength, flexibility, coordination, balance, etc better than the others right? Is there an artform that sort of incorporates all of these types of exercises in one?

21. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Eat whey and shoot steriods...what are you retarded?

22. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I don't know where to get steroids

23. elsyarango Registered Member

I heard whey is very good.