fitness advice, training advice, gaining muscle, strength, speed, endurance.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 11, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

gravity alone? im not sure about this one good question i have a few ideas involving a pull up bar and some heavy weights and some straps, but im not sure if its safe.

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

you cant be because he is dead, and we all know that when you die famous, you become alot cooler than when you was alive,

peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

with the stretching do it before the workout aswell as after it, hold a stretch for betweeen 12-18 seconds, for your abs i find simple stretches the most effective, stand up straight put your hands behind your back and lean backwards as far as you can while still bieng quite comfortable, do alot of roman sit ups and crunches afterwards, reps of 10-20 sets of 6-8 every day, this shouldent take long atall,

the jumprope, put some small wrist and ankle weights on your wrists and ankles, and use the jumprope just as you did before with the weights on and you will gain speed and endurance over time, but if you ever put these weights on during workouts, dont lock your joints with them on it can be bad for them,

same with the punchbag, you can put wrist weights on while punching it but again never lock your elbow joints outwards at the end of a punch with the weights on, if you punch with the weights on (i have dont for ages) you will gain alot of speed, but you must always remember to never lock your joints while punching with them on, it can be very bad, leave a slight bend in your arm at the finish up of each strike,

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/images/dynamic_stretches_abs.gif

that is a very very good stretch to do before and after crunches, sit ups and roman sit ups, also side bends are very helpfull with your abs n obliques inner and outer,

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

oh and what type of strength are you trying to gain with the freeweights? bi's? delts? pecs? etc,

with the freeweights if you are not advanced i advise using the machines to build the muscle memory for correct technique and form before using freeweights religiously.

8. Roman Banned Banned

Can you post a picture of you flipping out and karate chopping bricks with your face?

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

This is exactly what I am looking for. I am trying to develop a full body physioemotional plan for the health of sound mind and body. This includes being at an ideal weight with ideal muscle mass eating ideal foods. Even toned body. Lots of flexibility. Lots of energy throughout the day. Clear alert peaceful/active mind. Thorough breathing. Ideal cardiovascular circulation. Good digestion. Excellent balance. Strong bones. Ability to control yourself from cravings and emotional attatchments.

What should I do to achieve this maximum potential? I will do anything, and give up anything that is bad for me because a healthy body is more important to me than all those loser activities like eating junk, watching tv, etc.

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

sure why not,

but can i be allowed to chop them with my hands? it might hurt my face a tad.

peace.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

wow,

i will need a bit of time for this one, sorry but you have asked alot

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, i cannot just post a quick reply to this post i will need to take time and read up a little bit aswell,

for starters though i will say join a martial arts club/school, tell me what area you live in so i can locate a good teacher for you to start with, i need to know your height and weight, and bmi if possible, also your age and what sports you play,

i would maybe say from what i have read that yoga and taiji (taichi) would help you alot, but also for a more energetic style aswell i would reccomend muay thai or some grappling, like jujutsu or judo, maybe some MMA,

for what you are seeking it sounds pretty much like what i want out of fitness for myself, not to be too bulky and huge but have a nice decent amount of muscle, to be toned up and flexible, to have peace of mind alot of stamina and all round general health and fitness,

yeah you sound pretty much like me in that aspect, you dont have to give up all junk food 100% and become a super strict vegan either, aslong as you eat a healthy balanced diet with all the rda requirements and endulge a little now and then you will be fine, i would seriously advise you to take up martial arts possibly even 2-3 different types or styles, they are a great way to stay active burn fat stay in shape and also train your mind to be more at peace,

in my opinion martial arts is the ultimate body and mind fitness programe, especialy if you mix it up and learn more than 1 type, also its a culture lesson at the same time wich never hurts,

i will get back to you soon, do you know of any martial arts schools/teachers in your area that have a good rep?.

peace.

12. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I have some other questions. How do I strengthen my neck, other than doing neck bridges? How do I strengthen each of my fingers individually? Besides calestetics, how do I strengthen my joints?

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

As far as strengthing you neck goes (without bridges)... most professional bodybuilders strengthen their necks indirectly... They do exercises like deadlifts and squats. These two are one of the hardest to do and they put a lot of strain on the whole body.

Of course, you could do what some people do and lay on your side on a bench, put a plate on your head. Proceed to lift the weight with your neck.

14. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

I think the technique is called cherri bombs or something cooler

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

ahhh the neck thing is dangerous from over the internet, i will get some detailed diagrams to show you and not say anything in my own words, i have had trouble with this in the past and nearly got my ass sued,

the fingers are easy, get a tiger grip enhancer, or they are sometimes called eagle claw grips, i will show u one, hold on its like a little frame with a ring for each finger and thumb attatched to little springs and you just close your fist, there awesome!. i use one myself,

and your joints, well calcium intake is my best bet, stretching and stance holding works for alot of people, horse stance improves my knee joints alot,

peace.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i do kinda what absane said, but i use weight attatchments and put them around a sweatband on my head, but yeah dont do that i am told......

also just lay on your bed with your head and neck hanging off the edge, and do head raises, on your front on your back and on your sides, thats pretty effective!, and safe aswell. no weights just your brain, (wich is quite heavy as you know).

peace.

17. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Will a couch work? My bed's a sleeping bag atm.

18. Roman Banned Banned

Yeah, alright, but could you set them on fire first?

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

aslong as you can lay down straight anything is ok. (not the floor though). your head has to be in the air.

peace.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

sure why not, but wouldent that make the bricks easyer to break? im not sure.

how many bricks should i break? and am i allowed to use spacers?

peace.

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i always damage my hands doing this kinda crap, but i will do it for you.

peace.

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned