fitness advice, training advice, gaining muscle, strength, speed, endurance.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 11, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i will give anybody free physical and mental training advice on whatever problem they have to my knowledge.

if you have a problem(s) just tell them to me here and i will post a plan for you to follow,

gaining muscle mass and bodybuilding , martial arts/combat advice and dieting plans are what im best at though.

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I seek to train myself to become better at punching, and speed. Can you suggest what to acquire towards this end. I wanted to get one of those bags that hangs which you then punch, but is that a good thing? Should I get the big fat bag instead?

How can I gain muscles, I worked out before and tried but never did get much results. I began using Whey protein and it helped, but only to a point, then I was kinda left the same way.

What mental training can I do to help my mind normalize, not wander or be forgetful.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

for the punching, you will have to be shown how to do a single straight punch in correct form to start with,

yes get a heavy punchbag, it will simulate the real impact of hitting a real opponent with counter force, small light bags are useless dont waste your money on cheap crap that will break over a short time,

i dont know what you mean by "bags that hangs which you then punch, but is that a good thing? Should I get the big fat bag instead?"

do you mean a speedball? the small one that hangs? or by hangs do you mean regular punchbag? and the fat bag do you mean the hooking bag for boxing? the body bag?. dont get a speedball yet. (the small little things)

practice a single punch over and over before you attempt any combos, you need to focus on your form and footwork all the time, and drill good form into your muscle memory so it becomes natural, before you start anything slightly advanced.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

eat alot!, have around 6-7 meals per day, 1 start with maybe some oatmeal in the morning like 400-450 grams, 2 have a snack of say tuna and 2-3 slices of granary bread, 3 lunch have a plate of spaghetti and minced beef in pasta sauce with some lowfat cheese ontop, 4 have 40 grams worth of protein in form of whey protein shake, and a few creatine caps before workout, 5 have the same again (caps n whey) for after workout, 6 have dinner like a load of skinless chicken or turkey with rice ,potatoes n veg. 7 before you sleep have a snack of protein bars or anouther whey shake with some granary bread.

the diet can vary, but the main thing in muscle buidling you have to do is intake ALOT of protein, aslong as you are gaining more muscle than bodyfat you are heading in the right direction to start with.

make sure when you workout you do alot of sets, and in the right posture and form, isolate each muscle group you are working out, and stop other muscles helping in assits, its all about correct form and isolation and seperation of each muscle,

break up a plan, like monday work your arms, tuesday your legs, wedesday your back, thursday your abs, friday your chest and shoulders, saturday all over blitz, sunday only stretch.

follow that religiously and dont miss any days or slack, you have to be consistent with the diet and training, or it wont pay off,

with the diet just aim to eat about 40 grams of protein in each meal, around 6-7 times per day, always eat as soon as you get up .

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

ant focus on your physical training with your mind, train hard for long periods of time never taking your focus off what you are doing, untill perfection,

your mind will train with your body.

peace.

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

also with the punchiing, try to punch straight and notice the impact it has on your wrist, and try to keep it straight on impact not letting it bend backwards, itget strong the more you train correctly. when hitting an opponent your knuckles have to hit perfectly dont hit with your fingers accidently or they can break

if you want to increase your knuckle density and hardness, use a shaolin technique wich is part of iron fist training, nail a thick newspaper to a very solid and well constructed brick wall, (they do fall down after awhile otherwise) and punch the newspaper 500 times with each hand per day, not as hard as you can but with some force, it will hep with punch form also,

ps, dont punch the nail it hurts if you dont hammer it all the way in.

peace.

10. orcot Valued Senior Member

Physical advice heh
    well I was bored tuesday so I decided to run a marathon and I did with no previous training (actualy I only got to 25 km)now my knees hurt and I'm going climbing saturday and do some kayaking. Any advice on how to survive my weekend?

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

and with the diet thing, you can have all types of other foods just check the protein content, variety is important, you want all the essential amino acids for muscle building, carbs are ok just check they are good carbs, and not all from sugar, same with fat make sure its good fat and not all from saturated, protein is good for carbs when digesting, proteins slow down the rate at wich carbs are burnt, on there own carbs burn fast very fast, and protein burns slowly, but if you intake protein with your carbs it helps slow the burning proccess so they are released at a better rate into your body. and make sure you intake around 40 grams of protein with each meal around 6-7 times per day.

always eat breakfast, and take in protein just before you go to sleep, many people say dont eat before you go to bed, but in bodybuilding this is actualy wrong, your muscles do the most repair and rebuilding while you are sleeping, so they need the protein if you wish to get bigger.

peace.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

intake alot of calcium and rest before you go, eat alot of stable foods protein intake is essential for your muscles to heal and get there strength back,

make sure you take it easy at climbing if your knees hurt alot and try to conserve some energy for the weekend get alot of sleep.

also 3 creatine capsules before you go climbing and 3 after with alot of water couldent hurt.

ps, 25 km is good.

peace.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

oh yeah and next time you do a marathon train for it and stretch alot before and after

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

stretch now aswell actualy if you havent done so before you cramp up.

oh yeah and if your knees are realy bad maybe you shouldent go atall, it could be dangerous, (but then it wont be fun, i would probably still go)
    peace.

14. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Dear EFOC:

I would like to know of a really nice way to trim my oblique area? I currently run 6 times a week (around 4-5 miles), so it's skinny-izing itself slowly on it's own, but I would love to know a few things I could do to seriously tone it up?

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

16. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

This is a great thread. Nice work, EFoC. Wonderful service.

17. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

no problem

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

my pleasure.

peace

18. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Heres a question: If you could only strengthen ONE muscle through exercise, which one would it be and why?

19. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Is there any way to lengthen the hamstrings using gravity alone?

20. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

How can I be as cool as Bruce Lee?

21. AK444 Registered Member

Practice YOGA

22. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Over the past few months I haven't been working out very often. You can still see my top 2 abs, but I have a bit of a gut now. So...how do I fix that in less than an hour a day in the least amount of time possible. I know it's better to stretch after a workout, but can you advise me on what are the best stretches(yes; all of them). What are the best ways to improve strength, speed, and endurance with freeweights, a jumprope, and a heavy bag?

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

my d**k, because all of the other muscles work together and if im going to be weak and without all over strength then i might aswell have a great sex life.

peace.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015