Fish oil vs. Krill oil

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by Syzygys, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Syzygys

Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you

Then start worrying when the human consumption increases. Until that, good old fish eat krill.

2. river

river Valued Senior Member

DON'T DO IT!

I hope they heed your warning

3. Syzygys

Well, I have ran out of the fish oil supply, and considering what to get next. Here is an interesting study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18460481

Volunteers took fish, hemp and flaxseed oil and placebo for 3 months, and "The lipid parameters (TC, HDL-C, LDL-C and TG) did not show any significant differences among the four groups."

So I guess it doesn't matter.... :)

4. KilljoyKlown

KilljoyKlown Whatever

Does that mean your looking for a quick solution, to a problem that may take years to develop? Also, you might want to review more information before deciding not to take any supplements at all. I do know that flaxseed oil goes rancid fairly quick (a month or two). It's better to get plain flaxseed and add it to a drink of some kind than the oil which is almost always rancid when you buy it.

I believe a persons health depends more on what he or she does daily, such as taking proper nutrition and getting enough exercise. Yes proper nutrition is still a work in progress, but for the most part you will be doing something positive for yourself by following the current expert advice.

5. Syzygys

Quick solution would be a week. After 3 months you bet there should be signs of effectiveness, or there is no point in taking them....

6. KilljoyKlown

KilljoyKlown Whatever

Maybe they should try and concentrate fish oil into smaller pill form. From my point of view I don't really care where I get my daily dose of Omega3. But I very much like the smaller pill the krill oil comes in.:D