First Lady’s spanish vacation cost taxpayers $500,000

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buddha12, Apr 26, 2012.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Again I was trying to only bring up that leaders should try to set examples of what they are saying, Obama was telling taxpayers that they should buy American products and services but takes vacations overseas where moire money that taxpayers are paying gets spent. If leaders would take vacations in America instead of going overseas it would be a much better idea in these times of recession and high unemployment. Trying to go to places like Camp David would be a better vacation and cost allot less to taxpayers and it is a very nice place to get away for a week or so at a time. What is wrong with spending time here in America instead of traveling abroad, not many other leaders ever come to America and travel around as much as our leaders do there.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

The Reps are assholes. They bitched about Obama appearing on Jimmy Falon, but Romney also appeared on Letterman.

Double standard, here we go!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

When did President Obama tell taxpayers that they should buy American products and services?

Most of the vacations President Obama has taken since in office have been in The United States. This is the only one I can think of that has been overseas and he was not there.

So you want to tell the president where he can and cannot take vacations? And how do you know a vacation in Camp David is less expensive than a vacation in Hawaii? I look forward to seeing the numbers. Camp David must be maintained 24/7 every day of the year wither the president goes there or not. At least when the president vacations at a private place, he pays for his food and lodging versus the government picking up the tab (e.g. Camp David). And the president's security detail gets paid 24/7 wither he is in Hawaii or Camp David. It would seem to me that getting rid of Camp David would be a much cheaper alternative.

I would much rather the decision maker in chief for our nation to be in good mental health when he is making decisions that affect all of us. So begrudging him a few dollars for vacations is not a big deal. It is a good thing.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Problem is, your PM could probably hold his own in a fight if the need arose, which isn't likely to happen anyway. Here, we have all sorts of crazies that would try to kill a dignitary simply to say they did... it's kind of sad really

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!