Finding Salvation

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Pipes75, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Pipes75 Registered Senior Member

Free Will, to me, it is simply the fact that we are always in control of our own actions. No supreme being is in control of me, I am the only one that controls me. My choices have both consequences and rewards, but they are still my choices to make because of my free will.

I'm not so good at this one, since I'm not religous. I see 'sin' on many different levels. I imagine it's pretty much just making mistakes, so we all sin.
    But I don't make mistakes on purpose, it's in hindsight that I see where I went wrong.
    However, if we are all trying to do what is best, when we purposely don't do what we think is best, I see that as a form of 'sin'.

For example, I feel sharing compassion is what is best, but I'm still a coward that hides behind my cpu!
    At least I am pretty open on facebook, where people know who I am, but in face to face conversations, I am not so open.
    For me, what I feel is my biggest 'sin', is the fact I don't always do what I know is best, because I'm still afraid and confused, so I'm not sure what to do or how to do it, and I close up when I sense doubt.

Sure I recieved personal joy, but that was a bonus. It was not a selfish act the gave me joy, it was the opposite, an unselfish act that made me feel good. Voleenteer work is a better example of an unselfish act, and that can bring lots of joy as well.

I'm not big on 'right and wrong'.
    I don't believe in killing, so if I had to do it, it would be wrong to me.
    When violence is needed to prevent violence, then as far as I'm concerned, everyone loses!

This is not a straight forward question.
    Their are many different perceptions of what is insane.

Do people choose it, some do in a way, but not really on purpose.
    If you start to open your mind, and you fail to face your fears, the heightened emotions can be overwhelming. If you allow the emotions to take control, then there is a risk of what people percieve as mental illness. But don't underestimate the power of the mind! If someone 'insane' learns to face their fears and take control of themself, they will be healed. Problem is, most give in to the stereotype they get labelled with, and never try to face their fears. Instead they accept that they have an illness and they rely on outside sources to help them stay in control!
    Some people get so fucked up with all the different emotions that they actually sub-consciously create multiple personalities to deal with the different sensations!
    But all mental illnesses can be overcome with the power of mind control.

I am not religious. I am spiritual.
    Metephorical truth, don't take it litterally.
    God didn't say that, a man said it and said it came from God!
    Spiritual guidance can not be taken so literally when looking at physical things!
    I don't disregard any parts.
    #1, Since I'm not religious, I don't even know all the parts.
    #2, I see all the different religions as ones of many possible ways to discover spirituality - but I only care about the spiritual significances that seem to be consistent no matter what religion you follow. I am not interested in the physical differences that cause different religions to fight over which way is better!!!
    #3, Natural disasters are a natural part of life.

I believe reincarnation is possible yes. But I don't believe that is my destiny.
    I will find my perfect place of comfort between extremes once I become light. Although, I can't rule out being reincarnated into some form of life at some point - afterall, life is infinite.
    But I don't fully understand afterlife yet, and don't expect to until I'm their!
    I do know I will exist afterlife, but I might only exist in light and energy, so I can't even be sure if my memories get to come with me or not - I hope I get to keep my memories, but maybe letting go involves everything!
    I don't know enough to be sure of anything, other than life goes on.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Apart from the bits where god did it.

Then you haven't read it very closely.

Exodus is in part 1.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So you pick and choose which bits to believe and which bits you can say "that doesn't count, it was written by men".

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

What is it you dont do that you "know is best"... an what are you afrad an confused about.???

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pipes75 Registered Senior Member

If you look at religion under the misperception that the truth can only be found in physical evidence, then you will never understand religion.

All religions are true, but it is in the form of spiritual guidance. Don't take every word litterally, find the message.

I use to be skeptical myself. I needed to know, I couldn't believe without knowing. I find my own way through the endless possibilities that can co-exist with the science I knew. It was a strange road indeed.

Science and religion were once friends, the extremists on both sides make them appear to be against eachother, but they are not enemies. That is a misperception.

I suggest you look into quantum physics, if you need science to gain you spirituality.

But their are many ways, and I don't know them all, so I'm sure you'll find your own way someday.

I'm still learning as I go, and I do make too many assumpttions. My mind is ever changing, but the Compassion, Free Love, Free Respect, and Self Forgiveness are still the tools that make me as strong as I know I am. That part doesn't change, but my own perceptions are always looking for more and more possibilities.
    I'm still going down the rabbit hole, and I'm loving the experience, so I'm not ready to come out yet.
    I can make my world better, and since we are all conected, my world can influence our world. I'm starting to think, doing what I need to do to feel I'm doing what is best, is not as difficult as I once was thinking.
    I feel absolutely awsome today, but I haven't got a plan ready yet, I'm still brainstroming the things I want to do I'll put them in order after about a week of brainstorming.

peace.
    I love you all.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Why are you sure i will gane "spirituality"... does everbody gane spirituality... so what if i dont.???

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

WTF?