Femto camera proves light is a wave and space is it's medium.

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by trevor borocz johnson, Oct 22, 2020.

1. trevor borocz johnson Registered Senior Member

I have an exciting new experiment to test for space being the medium for light waves. It is similar to the famous Michelson and Morley experiment.

The experiment utilizes a Femto camera. A Femto camera takes a trillion frames per second and is capable of capturing light in slow motion as it leaves its source. The link below is a video of just that. By pausing the video where light has expanded into s sphere, one can then measure for space 'moving past' just as they did in the M&M experiment. If space is in fact the medium for light one would expect to be able to measure for the slight difference in speed along different directions in a paused image of the Femto camera.

When I measured with a ruler on the screen I did in fact find that light was travelling faster by a few mm per 25 cm in one direction over the other depending on how you want to look at it.

All waves are a denser part of a medium spreading out to a less dense part of that medium, so light is just that and its medium is space.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Spacetime is the medium for light waves actually.
    In fact spacetime is the whole general framework against which we locate events and describe the relationships between them in terms of our known spatial coordinates and time. Spacetime allows a description of reality that is common for all observers in the universe, regardless of their relative motion. Intervals of space and time considered separately are not the same for all observers.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That is false.
    Counterexamples: the waves of a violin or guitar string; water waves; flags waving in a breeze; certain earthquake waves; and of course electromagnetic waves such as visible light.

exchemist and paddoboy like this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exchemist Valued Senior Member

So Trevor "Ballocks" Johnson is back. Great.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(He uses the Japanese spelling, but it doesn't fool me.

)

8. trevor borocz johnson Registered Senior Member

you can see in the video that it is a wave. I don't see it turning back and forth into a particle. GR..bunch of huey

9. exchemist Valued Senior Member

This one remark alone proves you have no idea what you are doing.

1) Nobody expects you to see light turning from a wave into a particle and back. That just shows total ignorance of quantum theory

2) This is nothing to do with GR at all.

10. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

To quote the eminent B. Bunny "What a maroon!"

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Well if that ain't ironclad proof overturning a century of science, I don't know what is.

exchemist likes this.
  12. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 71 years old Valued Senior Member

And the ruler was the Queen of England at 162.56 centimetres, so you know it's accurate