Feminism is sexist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by angrybellsprout, Jan 29, 2008.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Feminism is about the woman having the right to choose for herself. Should a woman support a candidate who does not represent her own personal best interest, simply because the candidate is a woman? Hell no. If women are feeling pressured or forced to vote for a female candidate because she happens to be a woman, it goes against the grain of what a feminist actually is.

Progressive feminism is about women having the right to choose for themselves. Aggressive feminism is about forcing women to select female candidates even if it is not in their own personal interest to do so.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

what is a woman's personal interest, exactly? Bells...ever-knowing

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

$$$$$$$$$$ for 400!

8. draqon Banned Banned

I want to hear it from a woman.

9. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Actually, this is very typical of feminists, and their sisterhood crap.

Feminism is the opponent of equality.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:zzz:

11. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I second that

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I get the distinct impression that ABS has had some bad experiences with women - probably women who have been in positions of power over him. It would explain the whining.

13. Bells Staff Member

I am not in a position to answer for every single woman on the planet. Each woman has her own personal interest. Hence why it is called 'personal'. Get it now?

No. Feminism is about equality. It is also about freedom of choice. I understand why it may be hard for you to comprehend, but at least try.

14. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Claiming that feminism is about equality is a joke.

Feminism is about promoting discrimination, and taking away the privilege that males have traditionally had without giving up any of the privilege that women have traditionally held. A good example of what feminism is can be seen in the VAWA of 1994 where they denied men any ability to seek shelter from domestic violence.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

No, just a fact you don't like.

16. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Looks like James is simply back to cheerleading for the sexists.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

ABS:

You can learn some basics about Feminism by reading the article here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

Here are some quotes about feminism:

Feminism - I myself have never known what feminism is. I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat." -Rebecca West, 1913

"Feminism--the belief that women are full human beings capable of participation and leadership in the full range of human activities--intellectual political, social, sexual, spiritual, and economic." -Pearl Cleage, Deals with the devil, p.28. (New York: Ballantine Books, 1993.)

"Feminism is an assertion that women as a group have been historically disadvantaged relative to men of their race, class, ethnicity, or sexual identity; and a commitment to changing the structures that systemically privilege men over women." Journal of Women's History

"I define a feminist as a self-empowering woman who wishes the same for her sisters. I do not think the term implies a certain sexual orientation, a certain style of dress, or membership in a certain political party. A feminist is merely a woman who refuses to accept the notion that women's power must come through men." -- Erica Jong, Fear of Fifty, p.286

"I define feminist consciousness as the awareness of women that they belong to a subordinate group; that they have suffered wrongs as a group; that their condition of subordination is not natural, but is societally determined; they they must join with other women to remedy these wrongs; and finally, that they must and can provide an alternate vision of societal organization in which women as well as men will enjoy autonomy and self-determination." -- Gerda Lerner, The Creation of Feminist Consciousness, p. 14 ​

Personally, I think the bolded one sums it up well.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

So, let me get this straight. You're allowed to be the cheer leader for oppressed and victimised men everywhere, but nobody is allowed to be cheerleader for women?

Sounds like you're trying to oppress women.

Just so we're clear where you're coming from, ABS, let me ask you some simple yes/no questions:

1. Do you believe women should have the right to vote?
    2. Do you believe that women should have the right to own property?
    3. Do you believe women should have equal opportunity for job promotion according to ability that men have?
    4. Do you believe that women in the same job should be paid the same wage as men?
    5. Do you believe that women should have the same freedom of association as men?
    6. Do you believe that women ought to be able to control their own reproductive systems?

That will do for a start.

19. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

I think things such as the VAWA of 1994 sum it up much better.

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

The VAWA has recognized domestic assault against men for years now. What's your point?

21. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I hope that article gets played in the media, it would make Clinton look bad.

It seems like there is no consistent definition. I've often heard that anyone who supports the right of women to vote is a feminist.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

ABS's position is not rational. It is based on deep feelings of being a victim. Thus, ABS has no actual arguments, just rants - mostly one-liners expressing his dissatisfaction with the world he has no choice but to live in.

23. Bells Staff Member

What "privilege" are women taking away from men? The right to equal consideration? The right to equal pay? The right to just being equal in the eyes of the law? Hell, just the right to being equal? Is that the privilege you think women took away from men? Poor you.. you expect women to be tied to the kitchen sink. Must hurt like a bitch that a woman can do your job just as well as you do, eh ABS?

And about 33 of your 50 states still consider marital rape as being a lesser crime. That's a good example of why feminism is not going far enough in some instances. Or do you think removing a man's right to rape his wife is also a removal of his privilege.