Favorite Scifi/Fantasy Creature?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Cactus Jack, May 27, 2002.

1. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Allright there are so many slimy nasty demonic creatures in scifi and fantasy, which is your favorite?

I'd have to say the Balrogs from the Silmarillion, just cool where they came from and they are deffeinetely the original badasses.

Any other thoughts?

2. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

How 'bout...
    [​IMG]

Seriously, I like the Wyrsa from the Mercedes Lackey books.
    [​IMG]

3. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Gars from the Sword Of Truth
    Oh, don't forget:

GOLLEM

4. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

For me I'd have to say a Miragon, but none of you know what that is so I won't....

The raptors in Jurassic Park. The first time I saw them it was just unbelievable. They are the coolest.

5. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

From "The Pirates of Dark Water?"

6. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

What???? No....not from my original story!! Don't tell me that word is already taken, oh no no no this isn't happening....

7. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

I SWEAR TO GOD THAT WAS TOTALLY ORIGINAL.....I COULDN'T FIND MIRAGON IN THE FIRST SITE (TOO LONG), BUT I DID SEE IT IN THE SECOND!!!!

This is unbelievable, and it's such a cool damn word, and it's the perfect one to describe the creature in my story.

9. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

It seems it's a few hundred years older than you are. :(
    I've had that kind of thing happen before. BTW, you can press CTRL+F to have the computer search for the word for you.

10. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Anne McCaffrey's dragons of Pern.

11. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

First of all I would like to say that this is a great topic and very original.

My favorite scifi creature has to be Rygel on Farscape. How cool would it be to just float around all day and say that your a "Dominar" to over 600 Billion people.

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Dragons ROCK

they are so cool

13. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Question: I know of at least ten different types(writers' ideas of) dragons. Which one(if there is a specific)?

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

the sort in Magician (by Fiest) for temprament and dragonheart (LOVED that movie) for looks

15. Shadowstrife911 Hail the Shredder! Registered Senior Member

Shadowen!

I'd have to say the Shadowen from the Heritage Saga of Terry Brooks 'Shannara' series, now there was a well-developed and cool enemy :)

16. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Okay yeah dragons are cool. I think that they are probably the best scifi/fantasy creatures around. On that note is anyone going to go see Reign Of Fire? Anyone else looking forward to this to?

P.S. I just graduated highschool recently, our mascot was a burgundy and gold dragon....GO DOSS DRAGONS!

17. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Yeah I can't wait to see reign o fire. Deffinetely an original idea (for once).

Yeah Dragons are awesome! Probably one of the coolest scifi/fantasy creations.

18. Zoidberg Registered Senior Member

The Asgard from Stargate SG-1. They kick major Gou'ld butt. Thor's cool

19. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Yeah Thor is cool but isnt he dead now? Or wait his brain is stuck on some crystal or something....last time I checked at least.

20. Zoidberg Registered Senior Member

Thor's body is dead but his brain is in the motherships computer and is now in the SGC's hands. They are sending it to the Asguard so they can 'download' his brain into a clone.