Favorite Scifi Character

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by CounslerCoffee, Jul 20, 2002.

1. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Okay who is yalls favorite scifi character ever and why? Also what is the character that yall hate the most out of every scifi series, movie, book, anything.

My favorite character is Rygel on Farscape. Hes greedy sometimes and has also tried to betray his friends on a number of occasions, but sometimes he manages to come through and on occasion he has shown that he really loves the crew of Moya. And hes dominar to over 600 Billion people, how cool is that?

The worst character in my opinion goes without saying, Jar Jar Binks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Doctor Who must be one of the greatest ever.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. xraydelta1 Kirk Unit Registered Senior Member

Mine would be HAL9000 on 2001: A Space Odyssey.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Darth Vader->Best evildoer ever

Jar Jar-nuff said.

8. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Fav - Thor
    Hate - Dr Who

I don't mind Jar Jar. He shouldn't be in Star Wars though, only there to get kids in. Thats just what I need.

"Holy crap, Anakins lost an arm..." - Me
    "Wah ha ha ha, that man lost an arm, I wanna go home, wah ha ha" - A kid who will be on the side of a milk carton soon if he doesn't shut up

9. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

LOL-------what are you talking about?

10. esp Registered Senior Member

I am the beginning.
    The end.
    The one who is many.

And you humans think in such three dimensional terms!

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Pollux V, that little story was about me at the cinema watching Episode 2. Behind me is a 10yr old boy (Jar Jar's fault as he started laughing and impersinating him as soon as he came on in a scene). He's crying as Anakins lost an arm, so I'm there thinking 'If he doesn't shut up, I'm gonna kill him, I've waited years for this and I'm not about to let 10yr old boy's, the police, MI5 or my mum get in my way'

12. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Whoa Thor settle down man, you sound like you got some Anger Managment issues.

Darth Vader is definently the best bad guy ever.

P.S. Who is Dr. Who?

13. dave1016 Registered Member

Thor, I hate it when that happens too! I went to see Spider-Man, and this kid was yelling and screaming like a jackass (the kid was like 12 or 14 or something?), and I wanted to jump over the seats and strangle the kid! I ended up throwing a bucket of popcorn at him though.

P.S. The kid was thrown out of theatre for bothering so many people.

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

You don't know who Dr Who is, wow. He's a famous time traveller guy. He uses an old Police Telephone box as his transportation. Does the Daleks ring anu bells. Hes huge (was) in the UK. I don't like him though.

Dave, that happens all the time to. Apart from when I saw We Were Soldiers at 12am. Best to go to the late showings in the middle of the week. Your the only one there, kinda scary though.

15. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Marvin from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

My opinion of Doctor Who varies with who is playing him but on the whole hes pretty cool

16. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

my favorite sci fi character is Q from star trek next generations. he makes me laugh the games he plays.

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Q is cool.

Has anyone noticed that stars from Star Trak:TNG have appered in Stargate. Diana Troy as the Russian Scientist, Q as that NID guy, apparently the frozen women was a cadet, etc

18. xraydelta1 Kirk Unit Registered Senior Member

Re: kids in cinemas

I went and saw Space Station 3D at IMAX and two seats away was a woman with a girl of about 4. She didn't want to wear the 3D visor or "mask thing" (as she put it) and when the film started she screamed in absoute terror, obviously unable to cope with the experience, poor little tyke. For a while, the woman insisted she watch it, but gave up in the end and left, sobbing child in tow. How she came to the conclusion that one so young would get anything from the IMAX 3D film puzzles me.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

An old BBC science-fiction series, has a huge cult following around the world. Doctor Who was a Time Lord, from the planet Gallifrey. His race mastered time travel and all that. Lots of different planets and settings, different races, groovy stories. The Doctor wandered around the universe fighting evil as all heroes do, generally by being a supergenius.

Doctor Who official site

Outpost Gallifrey

Outpost Gallifrey Reference

20. dave1016 Registered Member

One of my favorite sci-fi things (I don't know if I can call them characters) is the aliens from "Aliens." Those things scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. I watched that movie when I was 4, at 3 am, with no lights on.

21. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Aliens, such a cool film. I love the M41A Pulse Rifles. That film is all out war, just the way I like it. Third one is crap, forth isn't so bad. Aliens 5 should be out soon with a new type of alien. More Colonial Marines to boot.

22. dave1016 Registered Member

Alien 5 is being scripted, but Aliens vs. Predator has a release date in 2004. I have a model of the M41a Pulse Rifle (fully functional), and the Morita from Starship Troopers. I just read the original script for Alien 3, and it was about 50 times better than the movie. It had nothing to do with the fake British acsent prison. The Sulaco made it to a Company base. New aliens were born. People were getting slaughtered, and Bishop shot the crap out of stuff.

23. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

How I envy you