Favorite band or musician?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by thecurly1, Jul 18, 2001.

1. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

No brass,

well if there is I never noticed, but those 2 particular composers knew how to dream man! Smoke a spliff and get into Debussy, you'll see what I mean.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

What do you mean by you will see?
    How can I see that? I do not listen to them, I know how to dream man, with and on good music, real good music, made inside you and brought out in music. That is how you dream music man, listen to the sound in your heart and play it like you feel.
    Like Hendrix. And a whole lot of others..
    Bye.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Counterbalance Registered Senior Member

RE: Frank Zappa

A masterful man and musician. Sorely missed.

~~~~

Where's Ana?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

From a long list of favs: Rush and TOOL...

Debussy, Chopin, Bach, Copeland...

Dead Can Dance, Davey Spillane, Mark Isham...

Charlotte Church, Pavarotti (sp?), Ann Wilson (of Heart)...

*deep breath*

Too many to name!

~~~

Music is art.
    Tastes in art are subjective.
    To each his own, methinks.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you are right. Frank Zappa was/is good yes.
    But the man died to early, like a lot of very, very good musicians.
    That is a damn shame....But it happened, what stayed were the albums they made. You can listen to that, so it is not all 'lost'.
    To say so, I don't know how to say it in another way. I think you understand. Bye.

8. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Broadening ones horizons

No one is doubting your ability to dream. Music, as you say, conveys what is in somebody's heart to somebody elses ears and soul. I'm just saying that Debussy had something great in his heart, now if you don't even want to give him a chance then that is your choice.

9. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Sorry, it was not my intention to hurt your feelings in any way. I do like classic(?) music, like 'The Dance Macabre'. I forgot from who this is, I tried to remember, I can't.
    But you are right, there is certainly very nice, good music come out of Debussy's heart. He made wonderful music, in that you are very right.

Guess I was not in the mood to talk about Debussy and other 'great' composers, I have heard so many times: Listen to normal music. I guess that is the main reason I hang on to my favorites, guitars. I really love guitars, if plaid well of course. But with that you know exactly what I mean. So no more explanation necessarry. Again, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, it was not my intention. Bye.

10. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

re;music bands

No one mentioned rock? well i will i loved to listen to Queen / Meat loaf / Yes / bands like that and i still do,but my kids are into this rock that you can not under stand what they are saying, things like limp biskit , slip knott , crap like that.

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

BLASTOFF, you didn't read my post from a month ago or so.
    There are a lot of artists you mention.
    Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Yes, The Doors, Queen, Bad Company, U2, Fleetwood Mac, The Who, Eagles, Mott The Hoople and so on.

I love the that music and I forgot to write down every band because there are a lot more I love.
    Yes, David Bowie of course and The Stones and so on.
    You see, I can't name them all but I guess you get the picture.
    Enjoy your music, let it stream through your whole body. Man, that is so nice.
    Especially with great guitars in it, that is what I meant. I love the sound of good, from inner feelings played guitars so much.
    I can't live without that music every day.

12. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Listening to all the vocoded vocals currently popular in pop music, I remembered I had forgotten to mention Herbie Hancock who was doing all that stuff more than 20 years ago. Who can't remember 'I thought it was you'?

He, along with Chic Corea, Vangelis Papathanisiou and Joe Zawinul was a brilliant innovator, exploiting the (then) new phenomenon of electronic synthesisers to the full.

Some great albums of that Period (mid 70's) were Black Market, Heavy Weather (Weather Report), China (Vangelis), Electric Warrior (Chic Corea) and Sunshine(?) (Hancock).

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Yes, you are right, I remember them, I was still in my teens back then, but I know them all.
    And I forgot to write Vangelis down too and together with Jon Anderson from Yes, he has made some good albums too.

Good from you, I forget to write them down, because there is so much I love in Musicland. But you are very right here. Cool.

14. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

sorry

Banshee sorry for not reading your later post must have been asleep but will look out for more from you

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Oh, don't be sorry, you can't read everything at once.

It is nice to have you too as a fan of the better music. That is, I think it is the best kind of music there is.
    Can't live without, not a single minute. But you always have to go somewhere you can't listen to music.
    So as soon as I get back I turn it on again, right away and dance....

I have been teaching dancing, the way MJ dances, not the regular kind.
    Nice job, really. But that is over now. I moved to another place and haven't found such nice job back yet.

16. v|i| Registered Member

MICHAEL JACKSON

<font size="10"><font face="courier new"><b>MICHAEL JACKSON IS BY FAR THE BEST ARTIST OUT THERE</b>http://ww.michaeljackson.com</font size></font face>

17. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

1)Beetles
    2)Albinoni/Giazotto-Composed quite possibly the best classical music piece I have ever, ever heard, titled "Adagio in minor." You will never hear such a good piece and if you see it ANYWHERE buy it immediately or listen to it or something.
    3)Mozart
    4)Gershwin (Rhapsody in Blue)
    Wow that's all I can think of.

Pathetic.

18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

HurricaneAndy, go to the thread Michael Jackson please, you blind my eyes with this.

We have a whole discussion about MJ.
    Look at Free Thoughts, there is the thread about MJ.
    Thank you very much.

19. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

re;music

Banshee i used to have a queen album a long time ago, and i have lost it i have been looking all over for it but no luck, its called queen two it had a song that i can not even find on the net, called orge battle,any ideas, my kids think that i an jokeing with them and that they know all the queen hits,(BUT THEY DONT)

20. Ana Registered Senior Member

Here I am!

Dudes....

I like Rush (now, because I just started listening to them 2 years ago) and a little of this and a little of that. Before I used to like only a little of this and a little of that. That's how my tastes have changed. Pffft!!!

That being said: 80s rock rules! oh, and 80s pop, too! and 80s alternative also....um, okay 80s music.

21. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

BLASTOFF, I do know the song, it is a beauty really.
    But I don't have it, maybe you have to look at the Internet because most old songs of Queen you can download from a site.
    Wish I knew which one, but I will ask my son about that and get back to you if he's found it.
    He does that very well, he downloads songs for me all the time, from Bowie till Gary Moore and Queen we do have too. We have the last song Freddy sang before he passed away: Those Were The Days Of My Life...

I always get goosebumbs all over, if I even think of this song, he looks so thin and sad in this video clip they made. I still pity that Freddy Mercury passed away, wonderfull singer.
    I will do for you whatever I can to look for the song you want.
    As soon as we find it, I will get back to you.
    By the way, my 14 year old son is a big fan of Queen.

I do have the last album: Made In Heaven.
    Pretty good album, but always I have to think of Freddy and the way he was in the end. I think it's so sad, he was a nice man, friendly and so is the whole Band.
    I do have more of Queen but not the second album, wish I had.
    Maybe I can get a hold of it one day.

I will sure get back to you with this. Hope we can find it, my son finds nearly everything, so there is a pretty good chance.
    Talk to you soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2001
  22. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Confirmed Ogre Battle Sighting

BLASTOFF- I have seen the song on Morpheus at www.musiccity.com. I was going to snag the mp3 for you, but the dude logged off before I could even initiate the transfer. I'll do my part to get you that song. Please post here when you get it so I don't tear my hair out longer than I have to.

23. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Thank you Oxygen.

There you go BLASTOFF, download it, now!!

I didn't find it yet, but now I know, I will download it too.

Thank you so much Oxygen.