"Fast Forward"

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Fraggle Rocker, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Apparently this TV series will not be renewed. I just hate it when they do that. Is anyone else disappointed?

They did the same thing with "Daybreak." Apparently there's not a big market for time paradoxes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I viewed it once and never returned to it again so it doesn't bother me whatsoever.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

It might have made a good movie. I enjoyed the first couple of episodes but once they stretched it out into the soap format it just lost its original suspense and vitality.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kevinalm Registered Senior Member

Rats, I was looking forward to another season, I kinda got into it. It was an interesting premise, and I also hate when they don't 'finish' a series.

8. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Lot of this going around.
    For pure entertainment, I liked Firefly and Space:Above and Beyond, neither of which went past the first season. Neither was exactly quality viewing. But there was something about them which had me relaxing on a sofa on a Friday night without having to think about anything.

And then there was Carnivale. Two seasons, but.. I felt they were told to wrap it up and did within the space of an episode or two... it left me unsatisfied after a fantastic buildup.

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Damn! Flash Forward was a very good show. Be nice if the Scifi network picked it up. They could use a quality show.

10. superstring01 Moderator

I loved the show. One of the few shows since "BSG" and "24" (season 1 & 2) to keep me at the edge of my seat. What killed it--IMHO--was the time slot. Thursday nights, competing with NBC's, CBS's and FOX's best? Stupid.

Reason 1,458 why ABC is the worst network. They killed "Life On Mars", let's not forget.

~String

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

??? I resent that a lot of there shows are quality ones

12. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Battlestar Galactica was great, but it's over. StarGate was pretty damned good, maybe even great in it's own way. What show on Scifi now would qualify as great or even pretty damned good?

Don't get me wrong. I still watch it all the time because I love Scifi. But come on.

Warehouse 13? Haven? Stargate Universe? Even Caprica. Worse yet, the bullshit ghost hunting show. None of them have really grabbed me like BSG, FlashForward, Stargate, or Life on Mars. Maybe they'll improve. I had high hopes for Stargate Universe, but so far have been disappointed.

But Flash Forward is an existing high quality show being tossed in the garbage, why not pick it up? That's how Scifi got Stargate, after all. Of course, I recall saying the same thing about Life on Mars.

13. superstring01 Moderator

Warehouse 13 rocks. I swear it's a hidden gem that you just gotta' see.

~String