Farewell, America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by douwd20, Nov 11, 2016.

1. douwd20 Registered Senior Member

No more huddled masses yearning to breathe free. On November 9th 2016 America served notice the door is closed.

America died on Nov. 8, 2016, not with a bang or a whimper, but at its own hand via electoral suicide. We the people chose a man who has shredded our values, our morals, our compassion, our tolerance, our decency, our sense of common purpose, our very identity — all the things that, however tenuously, made a nation out of a country.

Farewell, America

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

So dramatic: "The end is near!" It will be okay. Everything will be fine. Don't cut your wrists tonight.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

Good riddance Shrillary. She is rabidly ant India. One would think she converted to islam years ago. She perhaps thought could destroy India.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

!"d
    This more or less paraphrases what I had to say in 2008 - but I (and everyone else!) survived. "This, too, shall pass !" But, if "Farewell, America" is your mantra . . . . . . have a nice trip to wherever and stop by for a visit now and again!

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

And the basis for that assertion is....? It may not be okay. Everything may not be fine. There are legitimate concerns everywhere you look. Trump's relationships with Russia present a number of very scary security concerns. The Russian government which has been very pro-Trump boasted yesterday about its long standing relationship with Trump and his campaign. There are legitimate concerns about how he will handle the economy. There are very real concerns about his psychological stability.

The end may very well be near. Americans and indeed the world has every reason to be fearful. A psychopath will soon hold the most powerful office in the world, and there will be no one there to control him. That should scare the bejeusus out of everyone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-berger/trump-profile-of-a-sociopath_b_11318128.html

This is what a conservative journalist had to say about Trump's fitness to serve as POTUS:

We may be in store for more of this in Trump’s first 100 days, where he reacts impulsively and then someone with far better judgment steers him toward the smarter position. That might satisfy some who are genuinely worried about his preparedness and temperament.

But how long does that last? Trump went through numerous campaign managers over the course of the election, all of whom tried unsuccessfully to guide him in one way or another. The biggest question going into Trump’s presidency is whether he’ll manage like a delegator or a dictator. If that last tweet is any indication, he’s still willing to listen to others. Let’s enjoy it while it lasts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/s-e-cupp-trump-protest-reaction-leadership-article-1.2868988

An impulsive, narcissistic, sociopath with his fingers on the nuclear button, what could go wrong with that?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Of the many silver linings this is hopeful the end of the Clintons politically.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Your endorsement of a political party coordinating a quarter-century of character assassination against a person is noted.

douwd20 likes this.
  11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

There you go twisting words around. There was actual corruption by Clintons, get over the fact that the republicans screamed it up and down the street at ten times the volume. If the republicans said 2+2=4 would you say agreeing with that is endorsement of the republicans?

Back in 2008 I said Hillary has too much baggage I'm voting for Obama, and it was the right call, electability is the primary concern and she was not electable! Had we gone with Sanders or had Warren been willing to stand up to the Clintons and run we would be in a very different place now, instead we had two of the most unelectable candidates pitted against each other during a time of deep anti-establishment hate with one of those candidates being the quintessential political establishment candidate, it was suicidal on our part!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  12. BWE1 Rulers are for measuring. Registered Senior Member

nah. Clintons are toxic and have been.

13. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

What the alternative might have been, and whether that alternative deserved the reputation it accumulated over the decades may have mattered two weeks ago; it's irrelevant now.
    America as we knew it did end. It must have been seriously ill to tolerate the kind of presidential contest we have witnessed and the fact it culminated in the triumph of chaos proves that the malady is fatal. But it didn't start with the primaries. It started with the nature of the colonies and the the basis of their confederation: the contradictions and conflicts are in the very fabric of the nation.

It wouldn't be so very bad to dis-unite. It wouldn't be so very bad to form 6 or 20 or even 50 separate countries. Some of them even have a shot at sane, equitable and viable democracy.
    If the oceans don't rise too quickly.

Watcher likes this.
  14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

So Trump is a better alternative?

Well, if there aren't any countries that are actual smoking radioactive craters in the next four years, that will be a good thing I guess. Is it too much to hope for?

15. Watcher Just another old creaker Registered Senior Member

I've thought the same thing. Nation is too large to comfortably govern as it is. I'd say 4 countries: New England; Deep South; Midwest; and Greater California; maybe Texas could have it's wish and be separate.

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Certainly not, but unfortunately not enough Americans agreed.

Yes that all we get left, hope.

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Everything was not fine after 2000 and 2004 - remember? Or after 1980 and 1984, either.

We're still digging out of the rubble.

We're getting to the point, in this trend, where the not-fine potential is no longer a mere doubling of the debt in three years, the trashing of a few government agencies, or wider scale war safely isolated on other continents.

It's been a long time since America had a hostile border not frozen solid and barren of people - we have no cultural memory of what that is like.

18. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

I've been sick before, and I got better.
    Therefore, I cannot die.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Well, Russia knows he is not... so is the Trump an act or for real?

Perhaps Trump is not supposed to launch in retaliation. Perhaps Trump has been groomed to inaction over a Russian first strike or act of aggression on Europe.

If Trump was for real, Russia would have have already launched a preemptive... due to their considerable paranoia. But Russia is celebrating a Trump victory so Trumps is not a nut job according to Russia but an excellent actor for the Russians..

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, here is the thing, Putin's a nut job too. What could go wrong with 2 nut jobs with their fingers on the nuclear buttons? What I worry about is that one will miscalculate the other. My worry is a miscommunication. Both Putin and Trump are pathological narcissists and liars.

21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

In point of fact, enough Americans did agree.
    Unfortunately, due to the Electoral College, each of their votes only counts as a fraction of a vote.
    So much for one person one vote.

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  22. ForrestDean Registered Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, if this is such a major concern, my question is what do you think would need to be done to overcome this fear?

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, gee, what do you think? You don't think the survival of mankind is a big issue? My fear isn't the problem. Trump is the problem and the people who support him are. His pathology isn't going away. The only remedy for that fear is for Trump to resign or be impeached. The former is about as likely as winning the lottery, and given Republicans control Congress, the odds of the latter aren't much better. So I, and those like me across the world, will have to live in fear during Trump's tenure.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016