False righteousness in the last days

Discussion in 'Religion' started by PetriFB, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you for your reply you have my highest respect.
    I sincerely appreciate you being open and forthright.
    I try to be decent avoid the negative emotions and foster the positive emotions and love (repect) my fellow man which I take to mean all humans regardless of colour, sex, sexual orientation, status or even beliefs (and I realise recently I have not been very tolerant for which I feel sad) but I also extend respect for humans to all animals and creatures. I try each day to save a little life a trapped fly even the mosquito I catch and release outside. I would kill to feed myself or family but would rather avoid killing an enemy unless there was no other way.
    And I suppose initialy I got most of those ideas from the bible.
    Although the bible I knew was sellected passages... The bible I read was very different.
    Thank you again it is a pleasure to discuss these matters with you.
    Alex

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wellwisher Banned Banned

In the Old Testament, law was important. It helped teach humans how to live peacefully in large communities and civilizations. In the New Testament, faith supersedes law. The reason for the change was, although there were God's laws, such as the ten Commandments, humans started to add more and more laws, which were less objective to the needs of the group and more subjective to the needs of those in power. Many of these were based on dual standards to give advantages to those in power. Law became confused; rigged system. This increased self righteous; teaching as truth the commandments of men. Self righteous is often part of the sales pitch needed to help sell swamp land; conviction. Truth is calm.

The death of Jesus, demonstrated how the self serving laws of men, based on politics, were so corrupt they would even be used to manhandle, torture and kill the son of God. The original purpose of law, was to perfect humans, with god as an ideal. But now it could be used to kill the ideal, in favor of the defective, to give an advantage to the few. The system was broken; it had run its course and was now a problem.

The new way was the righteous man shall live by faith and not by the confused legal system. In modern times, if you kill someone and can use a good lawyer to escape justice, you are not guilty, even if you did it. The new way was connected to the promise of the spirit; Holy Spirit. All people could become like prophets and sons and daughters of God. This made it possible to rig the system in favor of all. This helped the new Christian religion grow and spread, where slaves and powerful people mingled and all became human again; mutual respect.

In the 4th century AD, Christianity becomes of the official religion of Rome. Rome was a world superpower; Republic, based on law. With the merger, law is reintroduced into Christianity, to reflect the overlord position of Rome. It was not in the best interests of Rome, with barbarians at the gate, to allow full freedom of speech and choice, based on how the Christian spirit moves people, under Roman law. One could use the spirit defense, to game the legal system. Law, over faith, became the way of Christianity, once again. This evolved and then started to moved backward toward corruption; Spanish Inquisition. This then changed with the US Constitution, which restated the importance of the Christian principles of freedom; life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. America became the place where people from all cultures could be treated part of a whole; e pluribus unum, and the poor could follow his dream.

In modern times, law is making another round of influence, with laws and regulations increasing in epic proportions. This is there to game the system in favor of one party. However, the new Trump administration is talking about reducing the number of laws and regulations, and returning are to the needs of individual liberties. Law allows the corrupt to thrive, since law can be used to game the system, while holding others in chains. For example, the black market always benefits by a prohibition law, since it gains a tax free monopoly. If you do away with the prohibition, the darkest side of culture are the big losers. This makes more room for the individuals who had been shackled by law, to follow their inner voice.

Jan Ardena likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Please provide evidence that those laws were objective.

Utter bollocks.
    Even according to the Bible Jesus' death was necessary and pre-ordained: ergo it relied on the law that was applied.

Citation needed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.