Fallugingrad

Discussion in 'World Events' started by hypewaders, Nov 5, 2004.

1. otheadp Banned Banned

not a bad idea. blitzkrieg without media putting you on the spot at every turn is not such a bad idea. reminds me of Israeli soldiers trying to do their jobs at roadblocks, with international paparazzi and "human rights activists" being there, protesting and arguing, filming and jotting down, chanting and rioting... all the fucking time... and they're not even from the area or have anything to do with anything.

kick the media out. then you'll finish the operation in a week instead of 3 months with more bombings and police recruits massacres.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

I served in northern ireland, we never took shit off anybody,but the media turns up and we had to behave ourselves

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. otheadp Banned Banned

it's way past the "checks and balances" stage. they are actively disrupting any activities that the soldiers are there to do. no matter what it is - if the IDF is doing it, better do something against it. and if one soldier dares to get angry, Reuters will have it on front pages of every single big newspaper in Europe by the next day.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

Ain't that the truth. I think the IDF are a exceedingly good force who i admire a great deal. They don't take any crap off anybody. They ought to send a division up to falluja to show the US how to deal with an urban operation.

8. otheadp Banned Banned

i bet they have Israeli advisers up there for sure. no one is more experienced with this type of warfare than the Israelis. they know how to minimize casualties, dealing with useful-idiot types (undergrads from Berkley following soldiers around and harassing them), and get their targets.

i feel that given the US's not giving a shit about The Gardian's op-eds and bad press, and given Allawi's stamp of approval, they'll do whatever it takes... whatever it takes, to wipe out Zarqawi's network. if Israeli advisers are really up there, it wouldn't be that hard. just imagine, all these operational constraints removed from their planning, it'd be like catching fish in a barrel. i almost feel sorry for the Fallujah terrorists... almost

9. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

I agree, but they will be cutting there nose off to spite there face. They will take out falluja and a load of insurgents, but another twat of a mullah will start it again somewhere else. Maybe its a pride thing with the yanks? there this huge guy wildly swinging a hammer to swot flies but they keep on biting

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Insanely Elite Questions reality. Registered Senior Member

So, It's begun.
    Brace for it America.
    Our death count is about to skyrocket.

11. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Honestly I think Fallujah will fall into the hands of the american army pretty soon, as their massive warmachine excels in battle against a well defined pinpointed enemy, especially if they can keep the media out and use Grozny style fuel air explosives......but It's more the daily diffuse geographically spread roadside bombs and ambushes that makes most american casualities.

I think the fall of fallujah will make the iraqi resistance more managable but I don't think it will be the end of sunni resistance in iraq.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  12. skywalker 3 @ T M 3 Registered Senior Member

Calm the heck down you emotional kids. USA will suffer very minor and I repeat very minor loss of life. It will be totally one sided. So, every one who is getting emotional and trying to make sensational statements, needs to chill out.It is a one sided battle and will end within 2-3 days 5 at max.

13. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Sortof agreed skywalker, some leftwingers indulge in complete doomsday stories, while some rightwingers are overly optimistic (poor player?)
    like they are selling some Quick'N'Brite teethwhitening solution, let's not forget REALITY wich has no political alliance...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  14. skywalker 3 @ T M 3 Registered Senior Member

ya, agreed. Check out the latest news, they are like 12000 + soldiers/apaches/tanks/apc/armor/NVGs/Superior fire power VS ill equiped 500-1000 people or 2000 at max, with ak47 and RPGs and that is it. Every one can do the math. Who ever thinks it is going to be some horrible battle, they may be right for insurgents it will be devistating and for many civilians since they will die as well. But for usa forces, it would be nothing serious. It won't be easy but it is not going to be like battle of lenningraud ( spelling ) like my friend refered it to be.

15. Undecided Banned Banned

Ppl obviously don't under the power of populist insurgencies their strength lies in their protrayal of at least fighting the enemy and protecting Islam or Iraq or whatever, that appeals to the normal Iraqi. I think everyone realizes that the insurgents will lose, but that's not the point. They are fighting and that's all that matters in the end for these ppl. America can will all the battles she fights like she did in Vietnam, but still lose the war.

16. otheadp Banned Banned

there this huge guy wildly swinging a hammer to swot flies but they keep on biting
    i like this analogy but it's not an accurate one. the Americans now have experience. they're using other countries' experience. they've been planning this assault for a very long time. they shouldn't have any problems. these "insurgents" don't even have body armour or night-vision goggles. they're disorganized and fanatic. no air cover, no tank cover, no armoured vehicles or anything. i just hope there won't be a need to kill many people. just get Zarqawi and his homeboys, find the weapons and explosives caches and we're done.

17. Undecided Banned Banned

The US won in Vietnam by that measure...war is so much more then victory, winning is easy. Keeping the peace is hard...look at Samara a city supposedly "liberated" from the insurgents, yesterday 30+ ppl were killed. Sorry but America cannot win militarily alone.

18. Jagger Registered Senior Member

I guess this means Osama is hiding in Falluja? Finally revenge for 9/11. Lets flatten the city and kill arabs.

I guess the phrase "ugly America" is more true than ever. And now we are sinking to the level of Israelis. Sad, ugly times.

19. otheadp Banned Banned

hey Jagger, we have space for you here in Canada.

20. Insanely Elite Questions reality. Registered Senior Member

skywalker,
    ya, agreed. Check out the latest news, they are like 12000 + soldiers/apaches/tanks/apc/armor/NVGs/Superior fire power VS ill equiped 500-1000 people or 2000 at max, with ak47 and RPGs and that is it. Every one can do the math. Who ever thinks it is going to be some horrible battle, they may be right for insurgents it will be devistating and for many civilians since they will die as well. But for usa forces, it would be nothing serious. It won't be easy but it is not going to be like battle of lenningraud ( spelling ) like my friend refered it to be.

I understood the # of coalition forces to be around 25,000. The freedom fighters 1,000 minimum estimate, 6,000 max. I concur with Undecideds estimation. There will be no stand up battle. If the freedom fighters tried the Iraq theater would have been pacified when Bush said "mission accomplished"

Calm the heck down you emotional kids. USA will suffer very minor and I repeat very minor loss of life. It will be totally one sided. So, every one who is getting emotional and trying to make sensational statements, needs to chill out.It is a one sided battle and will end within 2-3 days 5 at max.

We will see come November 12, skywalker. 95% of invading marines with no real combat experience (but great training) and superior firepower fighting against small unit guerilla forces who know the terrain, seen 2 weeks of inevitable attack so booby traps will abound. And they blend with the population (50,000 civilians left) {if you are old enough to call me a kid then surely this senario must sound familiar} Although SOP is to grab everyone you can catch for 'interrigation' is used to discover enemies plans, There will be no quick resolution to this 'battle' barring a suprise escaped through tunnels senario. Or another US withdrawal.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  21. skywalker 3 @ T M 3 Registered Senior Member

This man will not go down quitely, he is burring his brother. I don't think he is thinking of flowers in return. The anger will be the driving force. Too bad that most of them will die by indiscriment US bombs, probably 20-30 thousand people will die in the end. Just imagine the chaos in a small town where probably each and every family buried one or more of their family memebers. I am just afraid of that much anger. It is very fearfull.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/041108/481/bag10111080810

22. skywalker 3 @ T M 3 Registered Senior Member

I don;t think that they need any experience, all they need to do is shoot at anything and everything. Kill any one or anything. What is so hard about it? They have no limitation, international law doesn't apply there, simple is that. By the way Booby traps have been neutralized or atleast most of them according to news. There is no Terrian there, there are houses and small destroyed buildings. It will be all flatned by the time they will really go in there, most people will be dead. US forces have full air power, helicopters and airplanes and you just name it, they got everything. This is not history repeating if you are thinking afghanistan or vietnam. There are no super powers backing them up this time. They are on their own. Thats where every one else is mistaken. They are comparing it with vietnam or afghanistan, but in reality it is neither and that is why USA will win in the end, or that is what they will call.

Just watch and pray for the dead ones.

23. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Wow, you are so obviously American. 50,000 civilians and max. 5,000 terrorists - so just kill everyone.