Fake plastic trees?

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Tiassa, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

Andre has put up a very good case. Though, Tiassa was right, there needs to be a huge leap. A solution needs to start somewhere. There is alot of CO2 in the air, so I am convinced that they should be easy to test.

Whether or not the Greenhouse Effect is true, if these trees can be converted to collect other gasses, what is the problem?

On a side note, I was reading about the bacteria that "eat" oil during oil spills. The article was talking about how scientists were genetically altering them to be more effective, atc. Could they be genetically altered to consume gasses or could we use a special moss? Just my thoughts.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

Right, I knew that, but I was wondering if they could alter them to attack these "real" polluters. The article said that there were hundreds of different species of bacteria that could fight different disasters.

So, do you think that the money that would be spent on these trees could be better spent on this type of research. I would think so because the trees cause pollution themselves during production.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

CFCs are another problem. Don't get me started on that hoax. Efficiency is one of the ways to reduce, and I don't think alternative energy sources should be ruled out simply because global warming is a hoax.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

There's another problem. Alternative and conventional. Why don't we be one big happy family?