Fact Check (Morphogenic Fields Article)

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by one_raven, Dec 9, 2004.

1. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I was reading an article (I think I may have found it here a while back) regarding "morphogenic fields".

http://twm.co.nz/shel_morfields.htm

I am not really all that interested in the author's conclusions, rather I want to verify the experiments cited. Specifically what he claims in this excerpt:

I have done a little checking and one of thw two websites I came across cited the article I linked to as its source (not much help there) the other one claimed that Agar started his experiment in 1938 and ran it for twenty-five years.

Not only would I like correct information on this, but I am also looking for much more complete and specific information regarding how these experiemnts and others (F.A.E. Crew, for example) were performed and the exact results found.

Can anyone help me out with this one?
    Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I have gathered a bit more information.
    This may help find the articles.

Where might I be able to get past issues or articles from the British Journal of Psychology, the Journal of Genetics and the Journal of Experimental Biology?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

Try a library, maybe, or a library search engine. I find those are really good for finding articles.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Slaughterist Mayhem Activist Registered Senior Member

Is it possible that each previous generation of rats left behind some type of helpful marker for the following generations? There could have been a scent trail or minute physical markings in the maze that created a progressively better guide for each generation. That would account for the continual improvement of the rats' performance.

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Roman,
    I tried the Journal of Experimental Biology online and they only go back to the sixties.
    I will check out the New York Public Library when I can, I was just hoping someone would have an available online source so I can use my time wisely and do research while I'm supposed to be working.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Slaughterist,
    That wouldn't account for the successive tests done in Scotland and Melbourne many years later, though.