Ez read blueprints for a salmon trap/ genmerator

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by trevor borocz johnson, Dec 15, 2016.

1. trevor borocz johnson Registered Senior Member

has anyone made this or can anyone find this or draw an easy to read blueprint, something simple that can be built readily with a saw and other equipment?

My knowledge is seldom but I saw such a trap on a outdoors Alaska type show and wondered if it could be used as a turbine as well.

It looked a lot like a water wheel they used to use to pump water out of mines in the 1500's before steam driven pumps which proceeded the inventions of Watt and others.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

What is "it"?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

Watch some the Alaska stuff. The device basically IS a water wheel that turns in response to flowing river currents. This 'water wheel' is adapted (ref: "Improvise. . . . Adapt . . . . and Overcome") so that the 'wheel' also has slanted, scoop-like bailers that rotate with the wheel. Salmon are intercepted on their riverine sojourn and raised above the river surface. They (salmon) then slide out of the slanted bails into a common gathering cage from which they are 'harvested' (and cooked/eaten . . . .YUM!). BTW, (tee hee!) a more sophisticated design operates similarly to generate/produce electrical power . . . .we used to call them hydroelectric plants (haha!) . . . . basically water flowing in response to gravity along a preferrred restricted (designed) path by translating linear water flow to a rotational configuration i.e., a generator!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

Called a Fish Wheel . . . . . see:

(Google: How to build a Fish Wheel)

e.g.,

trevor borocz johnson likes this.
  8. trevor borocz johnson Registered Senior Member

aww very nice that's what I was looking for.