Extreme Atheism - leads to a Proxy God by default.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Quantum Quack, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

It would help to begin with the most fundamental definition of determinism.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Tiassa,
    After reviewing the recent incident reported at St. Patrick' Cathedral involving an alleged arson attempt by a disturbed philosophy student & Professor's adjunct, it is tempting to consider Extreme Atheism was involved.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

...The native New Jersey man who was busted after he waltzed into Midtown’s St. Patrick’s Cathedral carrying two canisters filled with gas and lighter fluid was hit Thursday with a slew of charges including attempted arson, police said.
    ...Lamparello is a PhD student in philosophy at CUNY’s Graduate Center and recently taught as an adjunct professor at Lehman College in The Bronx.
    src: https://nypost.com/2019/04/18/st-patricks-cathedral-gasoline-suspect-charged-with-attempted-arson/
    ...any thoughts?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I wont speek for Tiassa... but that does sound like somptin that woud spawn from Extreme Atheism... good catch QQ.!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

based on timing , perhaps co-incidence perhaps not, the inferno in Paris may have also been started by some one wanting to make a statement.

• Western Christianity is celebrating Easter. ( currently it is Good Friday here)
    • Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris suffers catastrophic fire starting (as reported on some media) right in the middle of the roof under the timber spire. ( a place of maximum damage potential) Holy relics threatened etc...
    • St. Patrick's of NewYork has an attempted arson attack.

Coincidence?
    perhaps...
    But if I was investigating the fire in Paris I would be looking very closely at the possibility of a deliberate arson and if there was any net connection with the guy in New York.

Extremism wears many disguises....

8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And where does it say this madman was an atheist? Or is this just a wild accusation of convenience, because he was a philosopher.
    After all a theist could never have done such a thing, right? God forbid theism to be considered a philosophy.......

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Nah my post wasnt based on any of that.!!!

Sinse QQ directed his post at Tiassa i figered he must thank that him an Tiassa was like-minded about it... an i didnt want to go aganst Tiassa for fear of windin up wit points so i just went along wit the Bull-sht bein flung around

Write4U likes this.
  10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I can't speak for CH but, take a look at the picture of our perp:

the chance of him being:
    • A Christian extremist are low - est 30%
    • A Muslim extremist are low - est 10% ( because if there was even a wiff of Islam involved it would be all over the media and Trump would be screaming about immigration policy....)
    • A Buddhist extremist are very low - est 5% ( Because extreme Buddhist normally follow a pacifistic path)
    • A Jewish extremist are very low -est 10% (would target other religious facilities, no history of attacks on Christians)
    • A extreme Atheist is possible - est 60% (has been visiting other churches and has been thrown out or arrested for doing so. All other major religions have been ruled out or considered low chance and the Vatican was in the news recently soft peddling about it's pedophile priests. ie. An earlier Popes comments about sexual abuse in the clergy.
    • Both Paris and St. Patrick's are Catholic Churches if I am not mistaken.
    • Easter Celebrations under way.
    • Possible collusion with others similar on the net...Chances are actually quite high 80 %

The possibility of not only being an extreme atheist but a victim of Catholic child abuse as well is relatively high. The abuse fueling his extreme atheism perhaps.

any how just speculative profiling....
    Is a philosophy student and teachers adjunct. So would be very familiar with Fatalistic doctrine.
    Also he is obviously not very well, and mentally disturbed.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The fact that he walked into St. Patrick's carrying all that fuel openly with no real plan indicates he possibly intended to commit suicide and possibly murder suicide. est 80%

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

How about a southern Babtist snake-charmer or a Jehovah's witness, who wants to start Armageddon?
    I'd give that a 95% chance, between those two.

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Chances zero
    Armageddon has already started

14. Write4U Valued Senior Member

No, armageddon hasn't started yet. That comes later, when the sixth extinction event (recently started) is in full force and the laws of "survival" spur religious zealotry and religious "cleansing" begins.

It is remarkable that the sixth global extinction event should be called the Holocene extinction.
    Prophecy?

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

It's already started when that butterfly flapped it's wings and predetermined everything... ask any good fatalist, they'll tell ya...

16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

No, this was no butterfly. This extinction event is the result of humans flapping their wings without knowing how to fly straight. Metaphor!

17. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Are you proposing isolated deterministic processes? If so, how is that represented in our apparent reality?

18. Write4U Valued Senior Member

There are not one or numerous deterministic processes. There are only deterministic processes.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

and what happens when you ...uhm... flatten a battery 12 v0lts + (-)12volts = end of causation and no more effect....

entropy of a system both large and small in time and size...
    What happens at the end of a causality chain?

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

We know a faraday cage can keep out the EM but can it keep out those pesky butterflies?

21. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

So let's try the same question again.
    If you vouch that nothing can exist outside of deterministic processes, regardless whether YOU identify them as singular, numerous, isolated or inter-related, what difference does it make?

QQ
    so are you saying humans have free-will and self determination or not?
    Cap's you can't have it both ways, either humans have freedom to choose or they don't.

YOU
    No, I'm saying that the universe and everything in it are all subject to the same deterministic process. The universal process of deterministic interaction is what motivate everything. Nothing acts freely in a deterministic reality.

Unless you can explain how particular nuances of determinism help your case, you are just offering red herrings.

Quantum Quack likes this.
  22. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Determinism does not always result in an caused effect. Take the empty battery I just replaced in my electric clock
    The clock had stopped because the battery charge did no longer posess sufficient deterministic force to produce a useable effect.

The Second law of thermodynamics predicts and is exemplary of a universal deterministic process.
    And at the same time proves that before the BB, there had to be sufficient energetic potential already present to account for the immediate instantaneous negative entropy and the emergence of the various spacetime fields, where there was nothing before.

23. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Difference to what?
    Au contraire. It's the other way round: unless you can explain how there being more than one deterministic process involved helps your position, then it is you who is offering up a red herring. You bought up the matter, so you need to show why it's not a red-herring.
    As Capracus asked: are you proposing isolated deterministic processes? If so, how is that represented in our apparent reality?
    If you're not, or if you think that it's represented, then of what relevance is the issue? If you are proposing different deterministic processes, please feel free to elaborate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.