Existence: stuck in the middle

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by pragmathen, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Bowser:

Have a lovely weekend and I do look forward to speaking to you again about this come Monday.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

If time is removed from the equation what happens to energy?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Spectrum:

To field your question myself:

Were time removed from the equation, all things would cease to move, for one. All motion would cease, and owing to that, no interactions of any sort could take place, nor could any interactions (such as chemical bonds) cease.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

The discussion is over now. I found my absolute, and I thank you for your help. Thanx again for your time and effort.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Bowser:

Oh? What have you found?

9. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

The interesting part of the chain of cause and effect is that it indeed indicates that the chain started somewhere, even though existance is eternal and infinite, the mere idea of a chain of causes indicates, or rather yells at us, that it too had a cause, somewhere in eternity (or beyond).

It's hard to understand, we are dealing with things far beyond our scope. Yet something tells me that there is a answer, maybe not for us to construct, but for us to find for those who seek honestly and carefully enough.

10. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Cyperium:

"The interesting part of the chain of cause and effect is that it indeed indicates that the chain started somewhere, even though existance is eternal and infinite, the mere idea of a chain of causes indicates, or rather yells at us, that it too had a cause, somewhere in eternity (or beyond)."

Are you so sure? For if we assume that even casuality has a cause, what caused that cause? And what caused that cause? And if causality had a cause, how could it be a cause? For casuality is the process where cause and effect can exist. If it does not exist, it cannot have a cause to be caused.

11. Kaiduorkhon Registered Senior Member

In response to 'Stuck in the middle' - Thread by pragmethen:

A Relativistic Model of Infinity - no beginning, no end?
    In a proposed physically expanding universe (where the three recognized dimensions are moving perpendicular to their collective three dimensions), yesterday's square mile is smaller than today's, and today's square mile is smaller than tomorrow's, ad infinitum. Yesterday's sixty miles per hour is slower than - when compared to - today's sixty miles per hour; is slower than tomorrow's sixty miles per hour.

A diagrammatic model of constant physical expansion can be represented by a pie chart shape < with the intersection of the two lines representing the smaller past (moment A - ever smaller and more dense, ad infinitum) , while physical reality moves - expands - from left to right (----->A--->,B--->,C) - the middle of the pie chart representing larger moment B ('the eternal now'), with the widest portion as moment C (ever larger and more tenuous, ad infinitum, when compared to its own past). The same square mile (on earth, in a physically expanding universe) occuring ever more largely - maintaining its relative density - at different moments in time.

In this setting, yesterday's sixty miles per hour is slower than today's sixty miles per hour, and today's slower than tomorrow's. Accordingly, the speed of light at moment A (yesterday) is slower than today's, and today's is slower than tomorrows, while, the speed of light is constant, relative to the coordinate system from which it originates and with which it is associated. The value of space determines the value of time and the C of E=MC2. Another way of perceiving this is, that the value of time is determined by the value of space it - time/motion - occurs in.

The continuum of change maintains the constant.

The earth and everything upon and within it at moment A is much smaller and more dense than the same relatively enlarged earth at moment B (when compared with itself at the earlier moment), just as moment B earth will be relatively much larger and less dense at moment C, when compared with itself at moment B. Inhabitants of this earth are in a uniform process of enlargement they remain unaware of, because their entire physical environment, along with themselves maintains a uniformly changing density and size.

There is no contradiction of the law of conservation of mass energy, because it's the same amount of energy distributing itself over an ever increasing volume of space. The relatively larger, slower moving people at moment C, are unaware of the constant change in their size and corresponding change of time standards, relative to the relatively smaller, correspondingly more dense, faster moving people (themselves) at earlier moments B and A.

Is this not - among other relativistic considerations - a reasonable scenario of time dilation. non absolute space-time, the celeritas constant, and a model of the meaning of infinity itself when applied to the universe at large (that which has no beginning or ending - a quasi scientific heretical proposal), and, if not, why not?

(Please note: this is a modified innovation of a previous post <transformed to accomodate pragmethen's thread - 'stuck in the middle' - issue at hand> by KaiduOrkhon)
    Please refer http://forums.delphiforums.com/EinsteinGroupie