Evolutionary Theory responsible for Nazism

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lawdog, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Sleeper Registered Member

South Star, are you being facetious? Christians, particularily in Third World Catholic countries, do nail themselves to crosses at Easter and there is a snake handling Christian cult in Tennessee: The Dolly Pond Church of God. (See: http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/Snakes.html) The founder of the movement died of a snake bite as have several other members. As a result snake handling was banned.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sleeper Registered Member

I agree with everything you say above. As for the rise of anti-Semitism in Germany, much of it also resulted from the sudden influx of poor eastern European Jews, which I didn't mention as I didn't want to get too far off topic.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The Church provides in its dogma provisions for a just war.

With that one statement, you have encapsulated all that is the purpose of religion.

I think I'll go and throw up now.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

He didn't only speak of being Christian during political speeches. There are many references from private conversations as well as from before he began his rise to power. So I would tend to disagree. Certainly it seems that he had quite a warped interpretation of Christianity and he did use it to serve his own agenda but then that is what this thread is about after all.

~Raithere

8. mountainhare Banned Banned

Ahh, I see. And how would you define 'Christian'? And why should we take your personal definition seriously?

9. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Oh, like how the fanatically christian Crusaders slaughtered and butchered thousands of Muslims and Jews between 1095 and 1273? Or like how the fanatically christian Teutonic Knights obliterated the Baltic Prussian and Slavic peoples in the name of your "christ"? Or like how the Pope(s) ordered state-sanctioned genocide of anyone who wasn't christian in the inquisitions throughout Europe and North America? Or how the Conquistadors murdered nearly every single Mayan, Incan, or Aztec they saw in the Americas?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I would've respected him more if he did organize armed rebellion.
    He specifically didn't, but those that carried on his message did ("Kill the muslims! Arr!" so said every christian from 770 to 1300).
    Again, he specifically didn't, but his followers did.
    Well, since the Knights and the Pope blew it waaaay out of proportion, yeah.
    Christ's vicar on earth, spritual leader of Christianity, etc.
    Damn, I'm an athiest, and even I knew that.
    They were also devoutly religious...the gold was the initial motiviator, but when they discovered "pagan savages", they killed them on religious reasons.

11. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Yes, I was being facetious. But admitting that ruins the fun!

12. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

You have to take into account that if you're one of those people that believes jesus is god and that there's only one god, then he is the very same being from the OT who ordered many slaughters, performed many slaughters, commanded people to stone prostitutes to death, stone naughty children to death, caused the death of just about every single human and animal on the planet via drowning etc etc etc.

13. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Evolutionary Theory responsible for Nazism

Really?
    Theories/philosophies spout theories/philosophies, theories/philosophies are responsible for other theories/philosophies -- and people are puppets in their games?

Who can be responsible? A theory/philosophy or the people employing it?
    Think about it.

14. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Hmmm....I take it you are a Protestant?
    Pissant.

Anyway, you do realize you are using improper grammar throughout your post? Improper noun ("he") is not supposed to be capitalized.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Hmmm....that's odd, because isn't religion supposed to be NOT taught in public schools?
    Hmmmm.

16. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

It's a federal law, that public schools cannot teach religion. It was ruled unconstitutional to teach religion in public schools in about fourty-five years ago.

17. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Aye, I am. The schools here teach evolution and proper grammar.

18. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I usually do ace my tests, yeah.
    And, yeah, I'm guessing that some kind of alien life out there (the universe is way too fucking big for earth to be the only hospitable planet.), they've probably figured out how to utilize radio waves of some kind for communication.

19. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

A radio. What's the point?

20. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I don't know what aliens with radios have to do with nazism and evolutionary theory. dalahar brought it up.

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Okey Dokey(?)

22. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I don't think Hitler gave a rat's ass what people thought of his methods. He was a "terrible person" (to those that he hated). If you think the statement justifies the one then it certainly justifies the other.

Who? Where? How do you know?

I see.. So much so that he drowned them all. But then it is worth asking whether Hitler wasn't considered ungodly in god's eyes, or anyone of the countless nasty bastards that have not been dealt with in such fashion.

Yeah ok, the whole world was evil? What were the 6 month old babies doing? Rape, murder, bank robbery? What?

Whether there was 1 or 5 million is of no relevance. Your god still ordered the death of them by stoning. You wouldn't really think what a woman does with her vagina is all that important that it deserves killing them for it.

And what would your thoughts be concerning the person who told you he would kill you?

?? Who?

23. Rosnet Philomorpher Registered Senior Member

Lawdog, don't you understand that Raithere blasted your theory in Page 2 itself? If you argue that the theory of Evolution was responsible for Nazism, then by the same account, you have to accept that Christianity was as much responsible for it. Whether Hitler was practising true Christianity or not does not concern you. By the same account that Hitler wasn't doing what Darwin had told him (or would have told him). Their "fruits", remember? There you have it. Nazism is a fruit of Christianity, and so, Christianity should be abolished, according to its own teachings.
    So this means that Evolution should also be abolished along with this? No. And agin, no. Because since Christianity has already been destroyed, that silly rule you stated in the beginning is also invalid (if it is based solely on the Bible). And besides, with christianity gone, you have all the more need of a good theory to explain our existence.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005