Evolution is wack;God is the only way that makes sense!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by garbonzo, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

@ Aqueous,
    I just noticed this in your post.
    You say that the birds only exists on the islands and no where else and then immediately say that they were flourishing on the mainland at the time the volcano's were erupting.
    Why should I not consider the above a serious contradiction or in the least a very badly worded question.
    Maybe you shoud be asking why are the birds not found on the mainland any more? instead...
    either way migration is the only solution...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Balerion Banned Banned

Not a poorly-worded question, merely a poorly read question. He does not say the birds were flourishing on the mainland, he simply says that birds were flourishing on the mainland.

You don't find it implausible to suggest that 13 species of finch up and disappeared from the mainland only to reappear at Galapagos? You're either suggesting that they all migrated there, or that some did and the rest died out on the mainland. You seriously find this easier to believe than the idea that the Galapagos finches were not evolved on the island?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Who said they evolved "from scratch"? :bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

so if they didn't evolve from scratch I suppose you think God put them there yes?
    Me ...I reckon they migrated there.. simple... but if you want to go with a God put them there then fine....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

eh only kidding...
    if they didn't evolve from scratch then they must have migrated... simple... 9 - 90 million years only is the time frame remember that...

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

could you rephrase your questions in a way that allows a proper answer please , and I may bother to respond.
    You are right by the way, the question was poorly phrased...
    uhmm... what do you think my position is on this question?

you know....... the ...... question!!!!

9. Balerion Banned Banned

If you can't answer, just say so. There was nothing wrong with the grammar of my questions.

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

what questions are you tallking about... or do you mean the statements with a question mark after them....

maybe your into hypnosis or something,.... well you are no good at it, do try again...
    You have been reading Alphanumerics posts too much...exact same technique...
    or iis it the work of that skeptic magician guy ...watts is name... down over dat Jefferies place, the name starts with R and uz normally sees it in animals rutting....
    oops.. Ifogot the ?

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

@balerion,
    you are getting sleepy?
    Your eyes want to close?
    You know your a dog?
    You want to speak?
    Bark Belerion Bark?
    "....and the audience all applaud and laugh at Balerion, as his lordship gets down on his hands and knees and starts barking like a dog... bow wow bow wow." Then suddenly he remembers he is not a dog but a dragon instead and turns his mocking audience in to carbon dust with the firey breath of his humiliation. - excerpt : a DOGOD called Balerion

The technique is way too obvious.. but no doubt you will try again as you have to...

"Hey Mommy, I just reached 11,000 posts thanks to Balerion, can I go now?"

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  12. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Are you normally this dense or do you have to work at it? :bugeye:

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

why do you say that? am I missing something? Maybe it's the missing ........link? [chuckle]
    go on.. embarrass me with the truth of my incompetance.

14. Balerion Banned Banned

Let it be known that Quantum Quack was too dishonest to answer the questions posed to him.

(I have to admit, I didn't think it would be this easy to stump you. This might be the first time a loon has disappointed me here at Sciforums. Wow. Touche, universe)

15. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

They didn't evolve "from scratch". They evolved from the birds that migrated from the mainland. The birds that stayed on the mainland evolved differently, which is why they are different species. It's a pretty simple example of evolution. It doesn't need any voodoo added to it.

16. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Obviously

You seem to be doing a fine job all by yourself.
    (BTW - it's "incompetence". You're welcome.)

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

well of course , that is what I am saying.... they migrated unless you wish to think that they evolved from scratch..., which is OF COURSE an absurd propostion given the time limitations.

18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Well I figure it this way Balerion, If you aren't prepared to write you questions in an appropriate manner then I am not prepared to take your desire for me to answer them seriously.
    When you are begging for someone to answer you it pays to put the question in the right way so that you may get what you are begging for.
    And I note the use of the word "Dishonesty"... are you sure you haven't got Alphanumeric jerkin' your gerkin'?

19. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

You still misunderstand the question. I posed it in my earlier post.

Can you answer it?

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

uhmmm... natural selction is a well accepted theory that may be used to explain the diversity of the birds but not their existance in itself.

You asked a mixed up question.
    You did not ask how did their apparent diversity come in to existance.

You have specified that the population is unique on an newly formed island
    the obvious answer is that they migrated to that island.
    You wished me to explain the rational... I did..
    As to their apparent evolved diversity... that is another question which you failed to ask.

a question that appears to be adequately resolved already by Darwinistic thought. I might add..

The way you could possibly have asked the question to get an appropriate repsonse would be to state it in a way that required the issue of diveristy within the group to be explained. Not just merely their existance.
    I have explained their existance on the islands is due to migration . done!
    Have I explained their diversity...Nope! I don't need to as Darwin did a pretty good job IMO.

If you don't like the result of your test maybe you should try to be a bit more careful with the way you put the test.

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

How ever regardless of balerion type BS you guys have pointed me to a very intriguing issue that is going to upset the lot of you once it is formalised. Regarding the other unique features of the island group and it's flauna and flora
    I gotta thank you all for your kind inadvertant direction.

At the moment though the name of the game is called "Humiliation" and not "Evolution" and well I am up for it if you are...
    There are HUGE and pretty obvious limitations to the current model of evolution. Until you work those out your conflict with religious thought is going to be constant.

So head down, bum on seat and get to it.... [ one of the benefits of religous fundamentalism is that it pushes scientist into working harder to justify their position.]

22. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

I don't understand your reluctance to answer the question. How did these birds come into existence on the Galapagos?
    I merely asked how they came into existence. Why not just give it a go?

Again, I am asking you how 12 species came to inhabit the Galapagos, and nowhere else on earth.

You still have not answered.

I did not ask you to assume anything but the evidence.

No, from your following statement you have not answered:

All I asked you was how a dozen species came to inhabit these islands, and no where else in the world. You still have not answered, since you are differentiating the diversity from the fact of their existence.
    I am repeatedly asking the question only because you repeatedly demonstrate that you have not understood it.

Care to give it a shot?

How did a dozen species (commonly called finches) come to inhabit the Galapagos, and nowhere else in the world, given that the islands came into existence millions of years after birds were flourishing on the mainland?

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

last time:
    Migration....
    currently I am more concerned about historical Earthquake trends...and what that may mean to your Finches continuing to exist...
    news report this morning:
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-31/tsunami-warning-issued-after-quake-hits-off-philippines/4237556?WT.mc_id=newsmail

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.