Evolution In Reverse?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by J.B, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

If you saw my fingers you wouldn't say that. /sneers
    There's hardly any skin on them.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

Speaking of fingers....my second finger from my thumb on my left hand is pointing right at your avatar,avatar.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Activities of minor life forms don't concern me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

So you're not concerned about your kind at all huh??

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'm beyond any kind or label. I am the eye of this universe.

9. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

To sum it all up:

JB has no comprehension of evolution. Evolution has no direction, it is not a vector, therefore the titel of this thread is bilge, and there is no point to it.

10. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I think he has left us. Which way did he go?

11. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Excellent point Baron Max. Really first rate. It had just never occured to me that you might be a simple minded asshole, rather than a simple minded, racist asshole. Very enlightening.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I'm so very glad that I was able to enlighten you. Do you feel better now?

Baron Max

13. Raiderdan Registered Member

Oh my god, what an asshole racist. He says all this stuff about how blacks are apes and things of that nature, but doesn't realize that the definition of a species is a member of a species being able to mate with another member of that species and produce fertile offspring. Blacks can mate with whites and produce fertile, healthy, very beautiful looking offspring. Mulattoes look more beautiful than anyone in the world. Nice brown skin, nice brown curly hair, pretty eyes, radiant lips, and they have the best of both worlds. I'm an integrationist. I believe we should all interfuck until we're all mulattoes. That will finally put an end to this racist crap.

14. tecoyah Illusionary Registered Senior Member

Perhaps Evolution has.....removed another inferior creature from her loving embrace. Allowing a bigot, lacking the adaptive abilities required to function in its new environment to fade from the face of the planet. One can only hope this ill equiped form of life does not find a mate...and breed, though this seems unlikely.

15. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

what?!are you serious?are you on acid?

16. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I am now firmly a friend of yours Raiderdan. Mulatto women are some of the most beautiful I have ever known. Good man, dan.

17. J.B Banned Banned

So you want to create some kind of superiour one race of people?
    Because as you say:
    Thats what the nazi's wanted, one race of people just like you.

I think the differences in people is worth saving, that why I like talking about our differences, I'm glad I won't be around for your guys big plan to make us all the same.

18. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Wait, J.B, are you a racist or not? You seem to be vascillating.

Also, just because we think mulattoes are beautiful does not mean that we think they are the only ones that should be allowed to breathe the air of earth.

19. J.B Banned Banned

If I was a racist I would want the world to be just one race of people, as you desire.

I love the many differences between the different kinds of humans, that is why I like to talk about the differences.

20. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Evolution has no direction, therefore talking about evolution in reverse is missing the point completely. So this thread title is moot.

21. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

22. FallingSkyward How much is there to know? Registered Senior Member

I do not believe this bullshit. I mean, the statistics I believe, but the fact that you are not looking at this in the context of history, and RECENT history, is saddening.

The Stigma of Slavery
    In America we would like to think the ideals we preach in our society are always held true. Freedom, tolerance, and equality should reign supreme in the hearts and minds of every American, as these ideals are what we cling to and recite as rights we are born with. But the majority of Americans, living with the luxuries that middle and upper class lifestyles afford, are not aware of the state that millions of other Americans-namely black Americans- are living in. It is not politically incorrect or racist to state the fact that, while blacks are the minority in America by far, the majority of them live in poor homogeneous urban areas(TwoNations).This state of living is not only physical, but mental as well- one of internalized inferiority- perpetuated by poverty, lack of education, and violence(Jumasa). This mind set has a firm grasp over much of the black community, and it is ruining countless lives. Why are so many people of a particular ethnic group restricted to a more difficult life than the average American? Some people choose to write off the black majority as being too “lazy” to better themselves, but these people misunderstand the state of black America. The broken households, poverty, lack of education, and violence prevalent in the black community is indeed a cycle, and one that, if looked at in context of the past, stems as far back as slavery. Our history books remind us of slavery’s ravages, and it is easy to leave those images of men and women in bondage within the pages. But the reality is that the effects of this abolished institution are still seen today in the form of economic deprivation, social isolation and psychological alienation of blacks.(TwoNations) 2
    You do not have to be extremely educated to know that millions of Africans were ripped from their homes and forcibly transported to the Americas in a massive slave trade dating from the 1400s, and helped shape a barely charted territory with a shaky future into one of the strongest and richest nations in the world. In return for their labor, slaves were often grossly mistreated by being harshly beaten and constantly referred to in derogatory ways. If they tried to rebel, they were given even harsher punishment; sometimes even death. For two hundred years, blacks were forced to be subservient, and saw themselves as inferior to their white masters; thus a mentality was formed from this forced subservience and inferiority. An example of this mentality is how it became commonplace for blacks, when referring to each other, to use the word “nigger” which was a term used by whites to demean blacks. (The use of the word in the black community is still common today, although the explanation for this use to “making the negative connotations of the word obsolete.”)(TwoNations)
    Forcibly embedded into generation afer generation of slaves was this so-called “internalized inferiority,” or the emotional mind set of some black people that says, “I am weak; not strong; poor, not rich, dependent, not independent; helpless, not self-sufficient; slave, not master. This socialization process conditioned African people to condone and accommodate their oppression rather than to militate against it. That is, African people became sufficiently indoctrinated with the beliefs and values of white culture and civilization and therefore continued their subservient mentality. As a result, African people not only became slaves by the command of the white man=s violence, African people became slaves in humble subservience to the command of the white man=s way of life. As a general rule, internalized inferiority afflicts the individual, and by extension the particular group, with a moral, spiritual and intellectual paralysis

which forces the entire body into a posture of compromise, submission, surrender and enslavement (Jumasta)
    Had white America really believed in its declarations of equality, it would have welcomed former slaves into its midst at the close of the Civil War. But this did not happen, and the ideology that had provided the rational for slavery did not disappear. Most white Americans believed African-Americans were naturally inferior to them and treated them as such(Science later proved that all races have equal intellectual potential). Once the Civil War was won by the Union and the Emancipation Proclamation was enacted, two diametrically opposed things happened: slaves had their freedom; and as a result hundreds of thousands of them were pushed out - with subservience intact - into an unfamiliar, hostile, uncaring world in which internalized inferiority rooted itself and grew strong even stronger due to extreme racism.(Jumasa)
    Separation between blacks and whites was immediately apparent, and the bad blood between blacks and whites in the north was characterized by residential segregation. In response to the new demand for labor, black migration from south to the north soared during the 1940s. The new migrants arrived in cities plagued by intense housing shortages and vacancy rates below one per cent. As the number of blacks became higher in a neighborhood, whites began to move out at an accelerating rate so as to avoid contacts with blacks. Population density within black ghettos eventually increased to incredible heights, where people were described as "piling up.” However, whites tried many things to resist the "invasion" by blacks. They threatened potential black invaders; they bombed their first black neighbors. Some particularly hateful whites actually lynched any black person they saw as a threat. In many white neighborhoods, landlords signed agreements that prohibited the sale of properties to blacks. These were the so-called

"restrictive covenants," which were enforceable by law. The use of restrictive covenants was extensive. For example, in Chicago, it was estimated that eighty per cent of the city was covered by such agreements. As a result, blacks lived in overcrowded ghettos, where housing cost was artificially high due to limited supply. This stage in the process of ghetto formation increased black isolation to an extreme, and from this time forward African Americans in large northern cities were effectively removed -- socially and spatially -- from the rest of American society.(Two Nations)
    During this time not long after slavery, segregation, described at the time by the American government as “separate but equal treatment of blacks,” was implemented. The equality set forth as an ideal by the government was an ideal not even remotely lived up to; African-Americans still faced debilitating obstacles and were relegated to extremely difficult times and conditions. Due to the stigma of blacks that the whites still harbored, African-American rights were put on the back burner to the white majority’s comfort. By the late 1800s, whites began to insist on formal racial segregation. This had long been practiced without the official status, but now the separation of races was formal. The “Black Codes” were a constant reminder to blacks that the white man was dominant. The Codes were used to inhibit freedom by dictating all aspects of the ex-slaves' lives, from work hours and duties to behavior; especially when blacks were in the presence of Whites. Blacks were often arrested when they solicited services from stores that were open to the general public. States usually had statutes that made it a misdemeanor for blacks to refuse to leave the premises of establishments when requested by the owner to do so. Blacks were barred from towns during certain hours and could not reside in specified towns and cities. Under the Jim Crow laws, black males were expected to tip their hats
    in the presence of whites, even if they were walking on the opposite side of the street. The laws were implemented in the late nineteenth century and, unfortunately, lasted until the Civil Rights movement in the late 1950s-60s. Internalized inferiority lived on; and neither blacks nor whites could easily disregard this 'Slave Mentality.’ Because people who had lived under that system could not relinquish what they had come to know as normal, the ‘Slave Mentality” had a profound effect well beyond the 1960s(UDayton). Legalized segregation could not achieve its purpose of separate equality, and instead imposed inequality and grave inequity. The purposeful creation and maintenance of inequality was sanctioned and upheld by the U.S. government; to the detriment of the freed African slaves. The judicial branch of the U.S. Government gave its firm approval to the “separate but equal” ideal and made it the law of the land. An example of this injustice is when the Court ruled against a man named Homer Plessy. Plessy was jailed for sitting in the "White" car of the East Louisiana Railroad. He was only one-eighths black and seven-eighths white, but under Louisiana law, he was considered black and therefore required to sit in the "colored" car. Homer Plessy went to court and argued, in Homer Adolph Plessy v. The State of Louisiana, that the Separate Car Act violated the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution. The judge at the trial was John Howard Ferguson, a lawyer from Massachusetts who had previously declared the Separate Car Act "unconstitutional on trains that traveled through several states." In Plessy's case, however, he decided that the state could choose to regulate railroad companies that operated only within Louisiana. He found Plessy guilty of refusing to leave the white car. Plessy appealed to the Supreme Court of Louisiana, which upheld Ferguson's decision. In 1896, the Supreme Court of the United States heard Plessy's case and found him guilty once again(Plessy).
    The Court, in its decision, put its stamp of approval on the mentality that whites were superior. Whites had a legal right to a separate lifestyle, and white rights were enforced at the blacks’ expense. "The segregation in the South constituted one of the material benefits of racial exclusion and subjugation which functioned to stifle class tensions among whites." That is, the poorer whites did not want in any way to be associated with the blacks, and without segregation would have had to have been, thus creating tension among the classes of whites. This government sanctioned exclusion highlights the government's failure to treat its new citizens equally by providing protection only to the majority whites. This unconstitutional segregation was upheld all the way until a landmark trial in the 1950s(UDayton).
    The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) developed a systematic attack against the doctrine of "separate but equal." The attack combined five separate cases gathered together under the name of one of them--Oliver Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas. Aware of the gravity of the issue and concerned with the possible political and social repercussions, the U.S. Supreme Court heard the case argued on three separate occasions in as many years. The Court weighed carefully considerations involving adherence to legal precedent, the marked inferiority of the schools that African Americans were forced to attend and social-science findings on the negative effects of segregation(Brown).
    Aware of the gravity of the issue and concerned with the possible political and social repercussions, the U.S. Supreme Court heard the case argued on three separate occasions in as many years. The Court carefully weighed considerations involving legal precedent, marked inferiority of the schools that African Americans were forced to attend, and social-science

findings on the negative effects of segregation(Brown).
    Psychologists Kenneth Bancroft Clark and his wife, Mamie Phipps Clark designed a test to study the psychological effects of segregation on black children. Robert Carter of the NAACP believed that Clark's findings could be effectively used in court to show that segregation damaged the personality development of black children. In the "doll test," psychologists Kenneth and Mamie Clark used four plastic, diaper-clad dolls, identical except for color. They showed the dolls to black children between the ages of three and seven and asked them questions to determine racial perception and preference. Almost all of the children readily identified the race of the dolls. However, when asked which they preferred, the majority selected the white doll and attributed positive characteristics to it. The Clarks also gave the children outline drawings of a boy and girl and asked them to color the figures the same color as themselves. Many of the children with dark complexions colored the figures with a white or yellow crayon. The Clarks concluded that "prejudice, discrimination, and segregation" caused black children to develop a sense of inferiority and self-hatred. This evidence was cited specifically in the Brown case(Brown).
    On May 17, 1954, The Supreme Court announced its unanimous decision. It held that school segregation violated the Equal Protection and Due Process clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment. The following year the Court ordered desegregation "with all deliberate speed.”(Brown).
    Since the elimination of segregation, most white Americans would like to believe that blacks are integrating quite nicely into the society that repressed them for five hundred years.

This is not completely true, although it is clear that not all Black people succumbed to, or have been held captive by white indoctrination. Everywhere, blacks have gained access to jobs that were previously closed to them; the black middle-class has grown in size and wealth, and blacks have reached positions of power and influence that would have been unthinkable forty years ago. Clarence Thomas sits on the Supreme Court; Colin Powell is Secretary of State; media superstar Oprah Winfrey is a billionaire. It is important to remember, though, that Martin Luther King's dream was never about creating a black elite: he was more interested in curing poverty and injustice - whatever the color of the person affected. Judged by that goal, America still has a long way to go; there is still an obvious and detrimental separation of the majority of black America.
    At first sight, the statistics are dismaying. A black baby born today is more than twice as likely as a white or Latino infant and three times more likely than an Asian infant to die during his first year of life. That baby is almost three times as likely as a white baby to be born to a mother who has had no prenatal care at all and that baby’s mother is four times more likely than a white mother to die in childbirth. That black baby’s father is still twice as likely to be unemployed as the white child’s father and the black baby’s family still earns eighty-four percent of what the white family earns. That black child is more likely to attend overcrowded or crumbling schools where performance is below the state or national average. The black child is still more likely to drop out of high school and is still twice as likely as a white youth to be unemployed. As a black college graduate, the black young adult faces about the same odds of unemployment as a white high school graduate who never attended college. Now, if that Black baby is a boy, born in Harlem, he has less chance of surviving to the age of 65 than a male born in Bangladesh. If that young boy survives at all, he will have a higher chance than his white

counterpart of going to jail or prison. A million blacks are in jail - half the total prison population.(TwoNations) The color of a black child’s skin is a good indicator of how long their prison sentence will be, whether or not they will be pulled over by police, whether or not they will be given the death penalty, whether or not they will be tried as an adult instead of as a juvenile and what kind of plea bargain they will be offered(BlackCollegian).
    At the start of the twenty-first century, must it be admitted that residues of slavery continue to exist? The answer is obviously yes. Racial tensions and problems remain. Poverty, unemployment, continued segregation, and family breakdown that are the result of years of instability caused by lack of acceptance in society have bred feelings of despair.(TwoNations) Internalized inferiority is grounded in the psyche of black America and it commands a pervasive presence.
    During the past generation, single-parent households-which in most cases means homes headed by the mother- have become increasingly common in America and the rest of the world. That this arrangement now accounts for over half of black families has caused great concern. Without the financial support of a spouse, many black women work two or three minimum wage jobs to support their family. More homes now lack a man’s earnings, which means many are falling below the level of subsistence. In addition, some observers perceive an erosion of potential controls-especially over teenagers- which were once maintained largely by fathers in the home. The children are often left to roam and do as they please, and without guidance, almost always end up making bad decisions; such as getting into drugs and violence, skipping school, and having sex at a young age. Because of this, many black girls give birth very eary, and are not

only naturally naive because of their age but have the added negative impact of growing up in a broken home, and therefore lack important life skills. (TwoNations)
    There are very few decent role models in the urban community. Children, especially boys, look to other males for guidance when their father is absent from their lives (FSKG). These alternative “role models” that are sought out are usually drug deals or rap artists. Children see their expensive clothing and jewelry as the epitome of success in a world where it is difficult to afford a coat with a working zipper for the wintertime. The absence of fathers also means that girls lack both a pattern against which to measure the boys who pursue them and an example of sacrificial love between a man and a woman.
    The world of rap music also offers many children a way of identifying with successful black people that have grown up in the same surroundings they live in. Many of these rappers openly speak of husting drugs in their youth, use extremely sexual vocabulary while referring to women in derogatory ways, and boast of the variety of guns they’ve collected and used. There has been an outcry from many concerned people that these rappers realize they are having a negative impact on the children they themselves used to be like, but it has done little to affect the revolution of “gangster rap.”
    There is a discernable cycle that can be seen in today’s Black America. Broken families lead to single mothers whom work constantly for their children who are inevitably left unattended. The children seek guidance and often find it in unhealthy places. They grow up knowing street life, facing a constant fear of violence and not seeing a definable future for themselves, and feel as if they could never live up to the version of success in America that the

white man epitomizes. When children are constantly worried about their own survival, they care little about what is taught to them during class. Book smarts are not needed to survive in this environment; street smarts are, and these children are bound to poverty because of the lack of education they receive. The male, having not learned the value of a healthy family unit, often leaves the also immature mother to do her best in caring for the children. The effects of this debilitating cycle are pronounced; 13.1 percent of persons in the age groups most likely to be incarcerated are black. In virtually all spheres-offenders, victims, prisoners, and arrests by the police- the rates for blacks are greatly out of proportion to their share of the population. Thus, black men and women account fo 41.3 percent of the individuals awaiting trial in local jails or serving terms there. They also constitute 46.3 percent of the inmates in state and federal prisons and 42.7 percent of all persons under a sentence of death(TwoNations).
    "What began as a problem has deteriorated into a condition. Problems require solving; conditions require healing," says Reverend Jesse Jackson, a pioneer for black causes. Black America's almost reflexive search for outside explanations for our internal problems delayed the introspective examination that might have slowed the trend. What exists now is a changed culture-- a culture whose worst aspects are reinforced by over sexualized and violent popular entertainment and lack of faith in their own race to become successful, caused by years of experiencing the debilitating cycle. This is a new culture created due to a lack of their own identifiable united culture - the traditions of their African past are now gone from most of America. Even so, most blacks have had a very different way of life than the majority of America, and their culture has reflected their unique story. Unfortunately much of the culture we see today was formed during negative conditions, and this is proven by statistics. For the first

time since slavery, it is no longer possible to say with assurance that things are getting better. So what to do?
    If we as American citizens truly believe that principle of equality should be sustained for all of our people, we need to understand the crisis that the majority of black America faces and we need to act. Government money needs to stop being wasted on expanding prisons and strengthening police forces in these urban areas. Punishing crimes committed due to years of mental stress has done nothing to reduce the amount of violence plaguing the inner cities.(FSNG) Instead our government money needs to be invested into various violence prevention programs that will teach our children that peace can actually be possible in their lives, that they can have control over what happens to them without using force. Money needs to be invested into making sure very person who wants to buy a handgun should have to obtain a license, as well as into diverting the next wave of youthful drug dealers from selling drugs by creating employment for them once they become teenagers. It would require a significant spending of public funds, but the savings from reduced hospitalization and reduced incarceration will more that offset the costs of employment.(FSKG)
    Ultimately, in our tragic and shameful long history of inhumanity to man; of our perverse penchant for servant/master relationships; and for our elitist attitude where the less fortunate of all kinds are concerned, have spawned the slave mentality of dependence. What needs to happen is for black America to realize its own inward problems and face them head on and realize that their political and economic slavery was only an outward manifestation of the inward struggle that is inevitably happening. Slavery was one of the worst atrocities ever committed, and the

problems today that branch from it are unfair and unfortunate, but they exist as real and tangible as slavery ever was. The only way black America will remove itself from the cycle is to become accountable to itself, and to finally fully break free from the mental bondage that has held it for so many generations.

Works Cited
    Hacker, Andrew. Two Nations: Black&White, Separate, Hostile, Unequal. New York: Scribner 2003.
    Canada, Geoffrey. Fist Stick Knife Gun. Boston: Beacon Press
    McKinney, Cynthia. “The State of Black America is in Disarray” The Black Collegian Magazine.
    2005. IMDiversity, Inc. <http://www.black-collegian.com/issues/30thAnn/disarray2001-30th.shtml.>
    “With An Even Hand.” Brown Vs. Board at Fifty. The Library of Congress. 28. Oct. 04
    <http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/brown/brown-brown.html>
    Wu, Edith. “Race, Racism and the Law.” Speaking the Truth to Power. 1993. <http://academic.udayton.edu/race/02rights/repara27.htm>
    Cozzens, Lisa. “After The Civil War.” Plessy vs. Ferguson. 1995. <http://www.watson.org/~lisa/blackhistory/post-civilwar/plessy.html>
    Jumasa. “The Demise of a People.” Internalized Inferiority
    <http://www.swagga.com/jumasa_march18.htm>

23. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Thread necromancy = The Devil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.