Evil people...

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by R1D2, Nov 11, 2012.

1. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

But getting back to the op. Some think clowns are Evil. And there are phobias about clowns. But I guess evil is just a persons opinion. I may be wrong but jason :jason: thought in a way all people were evil except his mom and himself. A real true serial killer like ted bundy believes he is not evil. But he really was. So I have gotten some good insights and some not so good insights. And a wide range of opinions. And I guess if Forest Gumps mom was really around she might say something like evil is what evil does...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

Fraggle Rocker can have his viewpoint on war and the military but the irony would be that in times of crisis or attacks upon us who do you think he'll cry out to for help or defense…Those same "barbaric cavemen/serial killers" who also encompass the ACOE. This group of people that he so detest with such a vigor that it’s almost offensive to the soldiers who’s very blood wrote down the texts that would allow for him to criticize said soldiers in times of peace. I may slightly be biased being the child of a man who served in the Navy for twenty-seven years and retired as a Senior-Chief Petty Officer for the South-Eastern Atlantic Fleet. However those twenty-seven years of my father’s service never harmed anyone directly. P.S. the video is in English and as I see it is a good visual representation of a soldier's internal conflicts after their participation in war or conflict.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

I do appreciate your dads time in service. It is also a big adjustment back to civilian life. And it is hard to learn someone you served with. Died and never firing a shot at anyone. And you have people like F.R. Including him as a serial killer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

[video=youtube;rc6kk3cT8kM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc6kk3cT8kM[/video]I may not agree with what FG has to say but I will defend to the death his right to say it. I suppose the real evil in people is prejudice or denial of considering the opinions, cultures or hell even their preference for how they eat their toast butter on the top or bottom. Evil would be to look upon others with rancor or a shallow egotism or superiority complex. One can perform malicious acts without knowing it or knowing the repercussions, however if one is fully aware of the outcomes of their acts and disregards them...That would be evil in my book.

8. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Some would say that being married is worse than death. That's why they divorced... But in some way I agree you were spared. Now do you see the more brighter side of life on a daily basis?
    in some situations people block things out mentally. Maybe she don't seem affected as much because she was traumatized and blocked some of it out.. Suicide is in a way evil, because it is a choice. And they chose to leave many "friends and loved ones behind". I have lost cousins to suicide. And friends.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

one cousin was shot by a BB years before he died and he didn't like getting shot. Guess his ex girlfriend he shot himself over, pushed his last reserve button.

The slow death, and slow suicide. Cigarettes.

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

As Counselor Deanna Troi said on Star Trek:TNG, "Marriage is a commitment to share who you are with another person." Sometimes a marriage fails because you don't find that other person's identity comfortable once you get to know them intimately. But just as often, it's because your own identity is nothing to brag about.

It's a tradeoff. Which is worse, to leave five or ten people grieving--something which most of them, in a few years, will make peace with and move forward--or to live in literally unbearable pain which (from a cold statistical viewpoint) is unlikely to become bearable, ever?

This is why we should keep an eye on troubled adolescents and even twentysomethings, because the emotional component of their personality is still growing and adapting and it may very well settle into a much nicer place in a few years.

And BTW I don't include spouses and parents in that "making peace and moving forward" comment. If your husband/wife or mother/father commits suicide, you're gonna take it personally and that may very well haunt you forever. Just having a spouse die at all, even from a disease that isn't anybody's fault, changes you forever. I have a friend who is still going through that--13 years later! She has never taken his ring off.

There's supposed to be a huge difference between a girlfriend and a wife: less of a commitment, less of an emotional investment, less vulnerability.

People who don't smoke don't understand that like most psychoactive drugs, nicotine is therapeutic. It's a mood-leveler. If you're a bit depressed it cheers you up, if you're a bit manic it calms you down. And you don't have to be enough in touch with your feelings to even know which way you need to go! There's a reason it's one of the three most popular drugs on earth. (Caffeine and alcohol are the other two.) Deny a person those little respites of serenity throughout the day, and you're condemning him to a life of uncontrollable mood swings.

Sure, he can go to a shrink--if he happens to be one of the lucky members of the minority of human beings who live where there are shrinks and who have enough income to afford one. But just as they don't have much of a track record of curing suicidal people, they're not terribly effective with other psychological problems either. Ten years and fifty thousand bucks later, you might feel a little better... or you might not.

People have good reasons for self-medicating. Tell them that without tobacco they might live 10-20 years longer and they'll look at you like you're crazy. "Why would I want to live even five years feeling this way?"

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

We read our identities from each other's faces, as well as a lot of non-verbal communication in our expressions. We have something like 100 muscles in our faces, four or five times as many as other mammals. So when a clown deliberately disguises his face--concealing his identity as well as making his facial expressions much harder to discern--we're suspicious, if not downright frightened. This is the same reason we're not comfortable around women who conceal their faces beneath ritual garments. In the USA only robbers hide their faces, except at Halloween parties or on the ski slopes.

As I said earlier, it can be argued that the most basic obligation we accept as members of civilization is not to kill each other. Anyone who does that is evil, whether he's a criminal eliminating witnesses, a sociopath expressing his disdain for other humans, or a soldier brainwashed by his government.

Well sure. Those people are throwbacks to the era before civilization, when it was not only permissible, but mandatory, to kill members of other tribes who were competing for scarce food during a bad year. (More than half of the fossils of adult Paleolithic humans show evidence of being killed by other humans--more people in the pre-agricultural Stone Age died by violence than all other causes combined.) As I mentioned before, those people in the Stone Age were not homicidal toward their families, because they needed their families for survival. Today it's much easier for an adult to make it on his own so he has no impetus to regard his family with affection.

We all have a caveman inside, but when we're little our parents and the entire rest of our community teach us to keep him on a short leash. Letting him enjoy the fruits of civilization usually keeps him from bursting out... but not always. Ted Bundy's caveman was always in control and never went back into the living room to sit in the recliner, eat pizza, drink beer, watch football, enjoy the air conditioning, and let the domesticated wolf lick his face until he no longer felt like hurting people.

Dogs know when something's wrong. They let us know and they try to fix it.

11. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

you are not telling me anything I don't understand. My marriage is good. I said some people.
    It's a tradeoff. Which is worse, to leave five or ten people grieving--something which most of them, in a few years, will make peace with and move forward--or to live in literally unbearable pain which (from a cold statistical viewpoint) is unlikely to become bearable, ever?

This is why we should keep an eye on troubled adolescents and even twenty somethings, because the emotional component of their personality is still growing and adapting and it may very well settle into a much nicer place in a few years.

And BTW I don't include spouses and parents in that "making peace and moving forward" comment. If your husband/wife or mother/father commits suicide, you're gonna take it personally and that may very well haunt you forever. Just having a spouse die at all, even from a disease that isn't anybody's fault, changes you forever. I have a friend who is still going through that--13 years later! She has never taken his ring off.

There's supposed to be a huge difference between a girlfriend and a wife: less of a commitment, less of an emotional investment, less vulnerability.

People who don't smoke don't understand that like most psychoactive drugs, nicotine is therapeutic. It's a mood-leveler. If you're a bit depressed it cheers you up, if you're a bit manic it calms you down. And you don't have to be enough in touch with your feelings to even know which way you need to go! There's a reason it's one of the three most popular drugs on earth. (Caffeine and alcohol are the other two.) Deny a person those little respites of serenity throughout the day, and you're condemning him to a life of uncontrollable mood swings.

Sure, he can go to a shrink--if he happens to be one of the lucky members of the minority of human beings who live where there are shrinks and who have enough income to afford one. But just as they don't have much of a track record of curing suicidal people, they're not terribly effective with other psychological problems either. Ten years and fifty thousand bucks later, you might feel a little better... or you might not.

People have good reasons for self-medicating. Tell them that without tobacco they might live 10-20 years longer and they'll look at you like you're crazy. "Why would I want to live even five years feeling this way?"
    We read our identities from each other's faces, as well as a lot of non-verbal communication in our expressions. We have something like 100 muscles in our faces, four or five times as many as other mammals. So when a clown deliberately disguises his face--concealing his identity as well as making his facial expressions much harder to discern--we're suspicious, if not downright frightened. This is the same reason we're not comfortable around women who conceal their faces beneath ritual garments. In the USA only robbers hide their faces, except at Halloween parties or on the ski slopes.

As I said earlier, it can be argued that the most basic obligation we accept as members of civilization is not to kill each other. Anyone who does that is evil, whether he's a criminal eliminating witnesses, a sociopath expressing his disdain for other humans, or a soldier brainwashed by his government.

Well sure. Those people are throwbacks to the era before civilization, when it was not only permissible, but mandatory, to kill members of other tribes who were competing for scarce food during a bad year. (More than half of the fossils of adult Paleolithic humans show evidence of being killed by other humans--more people in the pre-agricultural Stone Age died by violence than all other causes combined.) As I mentioned before, those people in the Stone Age were not homicidal toward their families, because they needed their families for survival. Today it's much easier for an adult to make it on his own so he has no impetus to regard his family with affection.

We all have a caveman inside, but when we're little our parents and the entire rest of our community teach us to keep him on a short leash. Letting him enjoy the fruits of civilization usually keeps him from bursting out... but not always. Ted Bundy's caveman was always in control and never went back into the living room to sit in the recliner, eat pizza, drink beer, watch football, enjoy the air conditioning, and let the domesticated wolf lick his face until he no longer felt like hurting people.

Dogs know when something's wrong. They let us know and they try to fix it.[/QUOTE]. I know plenty that smoke. And some are older people, and they have health issues that would be better on them if they didn't smoke. And some people don't wear wedding rings and some do. I knew a friend who past away recently from suicide. He left behind older children, a loving wife, and lots of brothers and sisters. It didn't make much sense why. He could have easily worked through his issues. And why does some go by way of a noose? Hanging yourself would be the worst way in my opinion. And no one can be truly brainwashed. I also knew a 20 something guy absolutely afraid of nothing but clowns.

So is the feeling for everyone here. Evil is ones opinion? Or is there a specific evil in general?

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

We all have to balance physical health against emotional health. Drugs help many people cope. Of course the pharmaceutical industry and President Obama who is in their pocket (why else would he be cracking down on medical marijuana, which isn't even controversial anymore, except as a favor to Big Pharma?) want us to believe that only the expensive corporate drugs provide genuine therapeutic service. But people have been using natural drugs for thousands of years and some of them have been proven quite effective.

Sure, smoking can shorten your life. But for some people, the psychological problems which they self-medicate with nicotine, if left untreated, would make life so unpleasant that they'd rather die young.

Not to mention, many of the expensive corporate drugs have disastrous side effects of their own.

In the USA virtually all married women wear wedding rings. Not all married men do, but I do and I see other guys with them all the time. But this is the only person I've ever met in my life who was still wearing her deceased husband's ring. She had it enlarged so it fits on her right hand. They call that a "widow's ring," but it's so unusual that most people have never seen one.

Wait, how exactly do you know this??? None of us really knows what it's like to live inside somebody else's head. He might have already "worked through" a bunch of them, perhaps with psychotherapy and/or drugs, and what were left were the ones that proved intractable. He may not have seemed severely troubled to you, but that could be because he was really skillful at concealing them so he wasn't burdening other people with them. Some people have internal turmoil that they won't discuss with anybody, even their spouse or best friend. Just opening it up is too painful.

A professional hangman puts the noose on just right so it snaps the C-1 vertebra and causes instant painless death. But only a professional hangman could kill himself that way--and maybe not even!

I suspect the noose is the method of choice for some people because no matter how unpleasant it is while they're slowly dying, they can't change their mind.

Drugs, knives, drowning, falling, even guns... it's quite possible to do a crappy job so somebody finds you while you're still alive and takes you to the E.R., where they'll "save" you but you're permanently injured, perhaps with brain damage due to insufficient oxygen.

That's an exaggeration. There's a reason that governments take only young people to make soldiers out of. Their emotions are still developing so they can be convinced that killing is okay, and they can also still be swayed by an authority figure who tells them, "It's for the good of your country."

If some asshole handed me a gun and told me to go out and shoot Ragheads or Gooks or Commies or Krauts or Rebels or Redcoats I might very well make an exception to my philosophy of pacifism and shoot his fucking evil head off before he has a chance to brainwash anybody else. We old folks are not easy to brainwash.

You think it's wrong for a person to kill himself because he'll leave behind children, a wife, other family members and friends to whom he has caused terrible harm. Well if he kills someone else, that person also has children, wife, and all those other people too. Even enemy soldiers have friends and families. This is why people who fight wars are unforgivable assholes.

I attempted to present a definition of evil that could apply universally. We are all in this together. Civilization depends on everyone carrying his weight and cooperating with each other. If someone starts killing people, he is damaging civilization by making us afraid of each other so it will be more difficult to cooperate.

Therefore people who kill are evil.

13. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Oh, the tragicomedy of what you are saying ...

14. kx000 Valued Senior Member

To cope a evil, is a evil. Kill it, bucko.

What if I gave you a gun and told you to put these dogmatic, and nihilistic peoples in hell on Earth which will be in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Western Russia. To remain passive there necessitates salvation. So lets be Safe, Fraggle. Do we be safe by putting them away, or be safe and stay away? I think the prior would make us flabby, immoral pussies.

No way man, war evil with hate. Get some.

Gosh. A evil man kills, to leave him there is immoral. I say we round them up and hang them high so they know they are welcomed in hell, not with us good men. I am a friend of Hate, Sorrow, and Anger. Lets get expressive.

15. kx000 Valued Senior Member

16. river

Does the pope live better than the poor?

17. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Poor people are evil too.

I'm good. If I didn't know about Holy I'd be the pope, I'm Faith. Literally I FAITH, ALL DAY, every day.

18. river

That is totally disgraceful attitude towards the poor

The poor do what they have to do to survive, desperate people do desperate things

You are not an example of good

19. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I'm good.

Rich people are bad, so are poor people.

20. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Is your goal in life to always speak in quasi-haiku? Almost nothing you say makes more than a tiny bit of sense. It's just cute and clever. And that tiny bit of sense might actually be sarcasm!

If you ever feel like restating that post in rhetoric that I might have some hope of understanding, please feel free. Or do you have an internet service that charges by the word? In that case learn Finnish, because they use longer words but fewer of them.

Don't get me started on religion, an intractable evil left over from the Bronze Age.

21. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

One day mankind will block access to evil or hate or what ever you call it. All humans tune into evil, and this is something mankind will someday block.

They are far advanced in this already, but have not totally perfected it, but maybe one day. Evil is something you tune into, not anything inside you. Your brain is a lense, and you tune into it. We all do, but most people just let it come into them, and do not try and address it.

Science and govs will one day be able to totally block it, by some braodcast of some frequency or something when they get it all perfected. They are not there yet, but maybe one day mankind will do it.

Evil is something outside humans, and we tune into it.

Nothing more to be said, as the technology works, and they use it today, but they have not perfected it yet.

One day it will be perfected, and mankind if the ptb choose will not be able to tune into evil anymore.

Plus you may not even know about it or hear about it, as it may just be a signal being broadcast or some frequency. The techs are nearly there. The places they are using it, have still some troubles but they are better than they where.

One thing what is going on proves, is that evil is outside humans and we tap into it, or tune into it. Evil is not in humans, you lot tune into it, and these techs prove that.

22. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

This chick looks very evil to me.. How about you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Yes glad you added polotitcian I was emailed this don't know how true it is. You be the judge.